1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Vox] [wuhan] many believe conspiracy theory about a lab

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

mikol13, Blatz and vlaurelio like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

30% = corona virus as built in a lab, birthers, trump's base

CometsWin and Jayzers_100 like this.
  3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Getting closer to revealing it fully.

Fyi hearing bat was not on the menu at the wuhan seafood market... makes sense since... bats are not seafood. But even if that story changes some of yall still won't look at the deadly virus research lab that china recently had to increase the secruity at... because it wasn't enough... and they study bat corona viruses there.... but... but no. NO that is a conspiracy theory. CHINA would never cover up its mistakes.

Man I have some lovely Florida real esate to sell anyone here who still doesn't suspect the virus came from that lab.

#23 dachuda86, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    malakas and generalthade_03 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Yawn.

When you're someday again being a "classical liberal", and not a Fox News acolyte...let us know.

Don't worry...nobody will be holding their breath.

Blatz likes this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I am not a conspiracy theorist. But I don't think we know everything about where the virus originated.

6. Buck Turgidson

Where do you think it came from, if not a natural animal/animal/human transmission? It didn't come from a lab. China totally ****ed up their response. Then the WHO and everyone else kinda ****ed up their response. Then Europe...then...

...then the USA completely ****ed up their response. And here we are.

Andre0087, pirc1 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. Senator

Senator Member

While this is true, the US, Europe and the WHO do not have markets and legal conditions for animal killing and sales that lead to viruses being originated every 5 years. They do not actively silence and kill anyone who questions them.

4 new viruses have come out of China in the last 2 decades. As a human, you need a grow a pair and openly state China needs to be held accountable instead of ignoring the root issue - pretending everyone else are the adults and China is a kid with a free pass has continued to backfire on liberals.

malakas and generalthade_03 like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

As a child, you need to grow the **** up.

9. Senator

Senator Member

That's what I thought - too scared to say anything about the lucrative oppressor, but quick to hurl any and every insult at Trump because it wouldn't hurt you financially. Something you have in common with the LeBron's and Steve Kerr's of America.

10. Buck Turgidson

Yawn.

11. Caprah

Caprah Member

Yawn answer his points?

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There is little scientific debate if it’s came from nature or if it’s engineered (“made in a lab”).

There is some that think it might be accidentally released from a bio lab (not that it was engineered there).

Science rarely ever said anything with 1000000% certainty so don’t confuse that with “we may never know”.

We may never know if we are caused by a simulation.

Didn't some 20-30% believe human walked with dino? So...

#32 Amiga, Apr 17, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It is crazy that this is a partisan issue. I am down the middle on this one. I dont think it is out of the question that the virus started a few miles away from the assumed location.

malakas and dachuda86 like this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Why? An American Senator implied a bioweapon from China months ago. Russia spearheaded and spread conspiracy theory that it came form the US military. Trump loved China then blame them. China reps respond with it's a bioweapon from America.

Scientist said it's natural. Nearly 30% got confused and said it's "made". I bet if you poll this among R & D, it's very partisan as a result of all the "fake news" and given one side trust science more than the other side. If you poll this among scientist, it's not at all partisan and yes, it's crazy that we are even here.

It's in the D&D

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

My brother-in-law (ugh, visiting for what seems forever) believes this crap. Heck, last night he tried to show me some youtube that discussed Q and how there were only a few good people in government (flynn, trump). I was almost wondering if my BIL is actually astrodome...

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Perhaps you should ask a scientist or read what they have say ... in Nature

The proximal origin of SARS-CoV-2

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for the link. Very interesting. Not saying that I understand it all but the summary is helpful.

No Worries likes this.
  18. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Is there any actual evidence that this started in a lab? And I’m not talking about people spreading accusations but actual evidence. From what I understand the scientific consensus is pretty clear that it was transmitted animal to human, although I haven’t researched this heavily. If you have conflicting information please share it.

I have seen this story about it being created in a lab and accidentally leaked and I’m just wondering where it came from.

And I think it is pretty clear why this is a partisan issue. For instance, look at which news sources are running with this.

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Is it possible they were studying an animal with the virus and were using bad safety precautions?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/us-intelligence-virus-started-chinese-lab/index.html

malakas likes this.
  20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not surprising one bit. I've had so many QAnon videos sent to me from my family unsolicited I don't know what to tell you. 30% is probably about the number of Trumps hardcore base support that would get polled on something like this that have lost their damn minds a decent while ago.

When you step back from it, it defies logic. China purposefully releasing this virus in their own country like they did knowing they might not be able to contain it in their own country, and dealing with a global economy in freefall because of it that even impacts them, isn't something that any world leader would device as a smart strategy for global domination. I think Xi is smart enough to figure out how to get a vile of the virus to the US and drop it in Times Square.

rocketsjudoka likes this.