1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONSPIRACY THEORIES: What is one conspiracy theory you believe?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There seems to be plenty who think this is germ warfare

Rocket River

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. conquistador#11

No way. I expected someone classier and well spoken, maybe even handy with an umbrella for that role.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Dude, if you haven't seen "Iron Sky" you should.

It's an awesomely hilarious wonderful terrible movie.

4. Buck Turgidson

I love it!

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The theory i have heard that sounds reasonably plausible is that after the first Oswald shot, one of the Secret Service agents pulled his gun and it inadvertently went off, hitting Kennedy.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Death of William Casey -- Director of the CIA

:)

dmoneybangbang and Nook like this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

Amelia Earhart was a U.S. spy and was shot down in the Marshall Islands and captured by the Japanese.

9. IVFL

IVFL Member

That we are the second round of advanced species here on earth. There was a sudden and unexplained spike in greenhouse gasses before the dinosaurs. I think that people are purposefully not looking for signs of a previous advanced species because it would throw our perception of our place in the universe in total chaos. Granted it would be hard to see these signs since they would be hundreds of millions of years old, but it might be possible if we truly looked.

We are round two, it would also validate the great filter theory.

JoeBarelyCares and plutoblue11 like this.
  10. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

CIA sold crack in the ghetto in the 80's

Government killed JFK

11. likestohypeguy

I'm sure someone already mentioned google- not just compiling activity on our devices, obviously. I've seen examples of new targeted ads about a random specific subject suddenly appearing, that I had recently spoken of, but never searched, texted/emailed about, or even mentioned while on the phone- so either my devices are listening to off-line conversations, or I've encountered some BIG coincidences...

me vs. google:

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The CIA selling crack is not a conspiracy theory. It is legit truth.

The CIA is responsible for the crack epidemics and, largely, for bringing cocaine to the State, in general. Got to finance those South American leaders that are loyal.

13. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is anything considered a "conspiracy theory" in your own internal classification system once you've made a judgement that it actually happened?

14. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Exactly!

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My point exactly. It's true, so it's fact, not conspiracy. I mean, technically, there was a conspiracy, but it's not a theory. A conspiracy fact, I guess.

dachuda86 likes this.
  16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Isn’t it convenient that Meghan and Harry are moving to California right when...

Hakeemtheking and Deckard like this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

The photo that forms the basis for this was published in Japan 2 years before she disappeared. Took a blogger 30 minutes to find the photo online, says a lot about the current state of the "History" Channel.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...im-amelia-earhart-was-taken-prisoner-by-japan

18. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t entirely a conspiracy theory but related to it... I know for a fact that the Oklahoma City Bombing is not the neat open and shut case many think. There were other people helping McVeigh and possibly many more. The FBI admits that there was at least one other person deeply involved and no one involved will say who it was. They also know McVeigh spent time visiting with prominent white Nationalists in the months leading up.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd like the idea of the USA splitting into multiple countries. Treat the USA like the EU, a union that the majority of states will be in, but the current country splits into 5-10 individual countries.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'mma go with the aliens too only because political things are all quite possible, you just need the proof to back them, so I'll go with something more fantastical.

So yeah, I'm willing to believe that aliens have been here, it fits into unexplained science. I know astrophysicists will say "It's not true because we can't go faster than the speed of light and we'd see it coming..." well, WE can't, but obviously any species coming here would have figured that out.

My idea is that perhaps they've been coming here and the only thing the government is covering up is that they have come here. No secret deals with aliens or anything, the governments are as clueless about it as we are.

Sort of like those Star Trek episodes where they visit planets without space travel and have to do it without the natives figuring it out. I think if aliens have been here that's what has been going on.

Even still, I'd put my beliefs in this theory at like 25%