1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just on CNBC: Tilman might be forced to sell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, Apr 2, 2020.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Name me one completely upstanding, virtuous, decent, morally principled, billionaire?

They don't exist imo. Some are worse then others sure but does it matter...

2. nalgas05

nalgas05 Member

He will likely sign Bill O'Brien as the new GM and start getting all the stars traded to save money.

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Bill Gate? Warren Buffett?

4. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I pity da fool

[​IMG]

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Bill Gates at one point was one of the most hated persons in the world. Buffet maybe but he invests in immoral companies. Made billions from immoral companies.

6. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Only because both look like Nerds, while Tilman looks like a mademan.

Gates and Buffett already said they will be donating their wealth to charities. Buffett still live in the house he bought in 1958 and buy $2 breakfast at McDonald.

Not living beyond his means like Tilman and Buffett have family members hate him because he told all relatives he is giving all his money to charities and not to family legacy

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

The only reason I want Tilman to sell the team.

6 months cash burn = 360 million

If he budget the nba team minimum salary, he can make 60 million a year. Two stars+ everyone else minimum salary, undrafted, two way, 10 days contract.

it takes 6 years for him to break even, balance out profit and loss.

He don’t care about championships any more.

8. houseofglass21

I hate him and idc I hope this lasts long enough to make him have to sell the team.

9. mockster

mockster Member

sounds pretty Judgy with little to no details of what you mean

so far I’ve had no complaints with Tillman, I’ve had some insight and Tillman has always been 100% to the rockets. Thus why we made trades for Westbrook and etc. he’s never been hesitant to for big names if the opportunity came up.

He’s actually a great owner, all these rumors of him being cheap to rockets is hogwash. Yes he’s smart and he’s gonna save money if it makes sense but make no mistake of the opportunity cane up he would’ve pulled the trigger and gone over the tax.

I mean idk what you label as success but I’ve always thought his Restaurants were pretty good.

I mean I just don’t understand why we’re judging his wealth, who cares if he’s not as rich as others?, why does that matter. Would you put down a friend or etc for not being as wealthy

10. mockster

mockster Member

Ariza was trash, good move.

Also to be fair slot of owners didn’t want the league to close. During this time there was slot of mixed info. Even to this day it’s still mixed and we still might open up society even with it still infecting people because we can’t control it cuz Americans won’t stay home and everybody is “essential”.

So a guy is going broke because his businesses rely on social engagement but he’s a bad guy because he can longer afford to pay people?. He’s not the only one you know?. I guess the people who’s business dont rely on social engagement get a free pass.

Idk seems all pretty judgy to me.

#490 mockster, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

this post and great owner.

[​IMG]

12. Nook

Nook Member

Ariza wasn’t garbage defending Durant and Green. He made a big difference.

Tilman was one of only two owners that wanted to keep playing after players tested positive.

Tilman then not only laid his employees off, but he prevented them from using their accrued vacation days.

Tilman then went on television saying we need to let his businesses open up, in the middle of a pandemic.

Tilman then went on television and said he did his employees a favor laying them off first so they can get unemployment.

Yeah he is an *******, and those are only the public statements he has made.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ariza was trash that turned into Kelly Oubre Jr a good player that fills a position of need for the Rockets.

Der Rabbi, D-rock, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Funny. Ariza was apparently so trash the rockets tried all Tillman’s cheap avenues to replace him For 2 years straight and yet not one person came close. Boy did they miss him with all the laughable plug and plays they went through. They finally had to give up capela to get Covington to finally get your ariza replacement. Awesome. There’s a consistency in those that think ariza was just pure trash. They’re all on the lower end of the b-ball iq spectrum

15. MystikArkitect

He notoriously doesn't pay his contractors and vendors to the point where if you take a job from him and get burned you should've known better. Its a running joke in this city. Owes 30 million to Tellepsen and 15 million to a Mississippi contractor for the Golden Nugget.

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Win is everything.
    1. Ariza has a very good trade value. Trade for Kelly Oubre rookie contract.
    2. Tilman should use MLE every summer.
    3. Tilman should keep Knight, then trade his expiring contract and MLE players for Kevin Love.

now the team has 3 more players
    Kevin Love
    Kelly Oubre
    MLE player, maybe Ja Green 3 years contract

could have won championships last 2 years.

#496 BigBum, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There's also consistency with the 3 teams he played for since then, they all realized they'd made a huge mistake and ditched him as soon as possible.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's interesting. they're the ones who gave him big money. im glad phx, wash, and sac are your benchmarks for your standard there. but ok

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I personally know at least 5.

Easy likes this.