1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Story That Didn't get Much Coverage: White Supremacist Planned to Blow up Hospital

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 30, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That excuses the fact that he stabbed an Asian American family because he thought they brought Coronovirus? I wonder where he could've gotten that idea.

B-Bob, BaselineFade, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  4. biina

biina Member

So why are you not calling it the communism or CCP virus?

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No one is excusing anything. Crazy b*stard should rot in jail that's obvious. Psycho like this guy are just looking for an excuse to act out, it don't take much and it would have someone else sooner or later for any stupid reason.

What's not obvious is that his "details" were left out of the headline and tweet which is odd imo. I'm hispanic but I keep it real and if it were a white male I'm sure I would have seen those details. I mean look at this thread title, it proves my point. The sad part is, for all the complaining about Trump on the left, this is the type of **** why he won and will probably win again. Millions of folks are tired of the "games" the liberals and the media play but they are too stupid to realize it. I don't want to hear no b****ing and whining this Conceited in Chief gets re-elected because it will be there fault.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You know for someone who claims to be a Sanders supporter you sure do repeat a lot of Rightwing talking points.

Anyway the fact that an Asian American family was stabbed because someone thought they were bringing Coronavirus isn't changed. What materially does your argument do to change that fact? It sounds like you're deflecting here by saying the real story here is that the medial didn't give you the details of who commited the crime. I agree details should be known but that doesn't change the central motive of this crime nor that that many assaults and harassments of Asians have the same motive.

RocketWalta, Nook, TheFreak and 2 others like this.
  7. ipaman

You know... you don't listen if you don't like what you hear. Like clock work again you act exactly how I said you all did and do. Would be funny if not so pathetic and sad.

An independent(no party member), speaking his mind logically, who did vote for Sanders (twice, including last primary) , gets labelled as "you know... rightwing..." instead of addressing my point.

I hate behavior like this because of your, and the libs and media's, stupidity, we ALL LOSE! Trump gonna win again and you, the media, and every other loon out there, will blame everybody but yourselves. Don't blame me that's for sure, I won't allow it.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Do you think Sanders agrees with your criticism of "libs" and the media?

And again what does any of your criticism have to do with the fact that Asians are being assaulted because people think they are responsible for COVID 19?

Let me add what does any of that have to do too with that this thread was about a story of a WHITE SUPREMACIST who planned on bombing a hospital? A story that didn't get much coverage.

B-Bob, Nook, Sanctity and 1 other person like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Spoken like a true psycho...

10. ipaman

No, unlike me Sanders LOVES MSNBC and CNN, their coverage of him so so fair and balanced. Loves the DNC too!

The fact you don't see my point, is my point.

One last time, two evil males do something bad, in once case in the headline we know he's white and find out later he's a white supremacist. In the other case, the only "race" we see i the "headline" is the Asian victims. Those are games being played on you and everyone else. In fact your thread title mimics how the media play the game as well. Almost as if you are programmed, you don't even realize you behave the same way.

I'm simply asking others opinions on why the stories were prepared and delivered differently? I have opinion (the 2nd story, male wasn't white, was hispanic) and I don't like it.

Houstunna and Corrosion like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We all know how it works. When a white person does something bad - it's just a bad apple - a one off, some looney.

But when an Asian does something bad, the problem is Chinese culture. Or its black culture when a black person does something bad. Or it's Islam when a Muslim does something bad.

Why is that?

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

White supremacist is a well know label for an extremist group. It will get used every time a crime is committed by someone in that group. Same thing with any other well known extremist group.

If someone from a well known extremist group was responsible for that attack on the Asian family, the common label for that group would most likely be part of the headline.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. ipaman

Redirection and excuses. Don't cry when Trump wins again, I mean it.

14. Major

Major Member

The article referenced in the original post doesn't mention anywhere in the headline or text that the man is white. Oops.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There is no logic at all in your political beliefs, and Bernie would consider you somewhere beyond being a loon. With all due respect.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

White supremacists are the worst supremacists.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah! So uppity!

They’re not even that great.

18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yeah I can see this is a waste of time, except for the fact I'm stuck inside waiting to find out if my project will go forward..

Oh I see your point. You want to blame the media but it's a weak point considering your argument is based on comparing a tweet to a two actual stories that are much longer than 240 characters. For that matter that you know the details of the story, and yes I saw them too in the REPORTING of the Midland story, shows that it wasn't being held as some secret. Again though the subject of this thread is a story that didn't get a lot of coverage about a white man who is a white supremacists. We know because it says in the REPORTING "Ahead of Tuesday’s incident, Wilson “espoused white supremacist ideology”". That goes against your idea that the media is hiding one story about a Hispanic man while reporting about a white man. The sad fact is neither of these stories got much coverage.

Regarding your support for Sanders. You keep on complaining about the "libs" and how they are programmed yet SANDERS IS THE MOST LIBERAL CANDIDATE.. Do you only support Sanders because it seems like the media isn't fair to him?

I make no secret I don't support Sanders. I don't support him not because the media isn't fair to him but because I don't agree with his policies and also because he has had a heart attack, is the oldest candidate his health is actually more at risk than either Biden or Trump. Something I notice almost never is brought up about reporting on Sanders if we're going to talk about media fairness. I've had some tough debates with Glynch, Fchowd and other Sanders supporters but at least I know that they are honest and forthright in their belief and support of Sanders. I know that they understand and agree with Sanders positions. Reading your posts going back to 2016 I don't get that impression.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

“I’m a Hispanic but I keep it real.”

carry on then.

Buck Turgidson and BaselineFade like this.
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of Trumpsters support Sanders as a means to disrupt the Democratic party and try to get a better candidate for Trump to run against. Notice how hostile of a reaction I got when I suggested the 15% of Sanders supporters who say they will vote for Trump are actually Trump supporters? They weren't from Bernie supporters but from Trump defenders.

Try Harder!

RayRay10 likes this.