1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Exiled

Exiled Member

any patient on ventilation for more than 48 hours needs antibiotics, the least commonly antibiotics used the more safe it become

CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You mean like until all else fails? Oxygen via nasal canula is first, and intubation/max vent settings is last resort

malakas likes this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

France is caling back all their soldiers in Iraq because of the pandemic.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I mean like if someone was at home and was having minor trouble breathing.

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

WOW!

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Interesting... not sure how typical this is, but in California, 2 of 3 tests have yet to be analyzed. It just takes a while to properly analyze a sample.

So about 20,000 have been run, and 40,000 are still awaiting analysis.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Coronavirus-live-updates-news-bay-area-15151165.php
    (near the bottom of that catch-all evolving article)

EDIT: So when people say we're doing better than New York... even if all 20,000 tests had been positive, it is technically not possible for us to equal NY b/c they've done so much more testing. Yikes.

#4308 B-Bob, Mar 25, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    ElPigto and malakas like this.
  9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Cpap is one of the simplest mode of ventilation even sleep apnea / home usage has it , it does (pump )assist when inhale(aspiration), that it ,if you can afford it go for it , if not ,just a hot- mist humidity (40-45%) will be poor man only option

Italians struggle the most with ppe ,and main hospital o2 limited supply, and volume/pressure delivery based on stiffness propgrssion of the lung, mixed mode of ventilation must be periodically used and adjusted , learning curves suggest : if they had to go through it again, under same circumstances, outcome probably would be much better

10. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

****...my father-in-law just got laid off (not furloughed)...on his ****ing birthday.

He's 62 today...overweight...and probably has other medical issues I don't know about. The only jobs hiring now have high exposure to the public. He can't do that at his age with what's going on.

At least my wife and I have a decent nest egg saved up, and her brother makes good money. Between the two of us we should be able to help my in-laws keep their mortgage payments paid for at least a few months.

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If you have trouble breathing you goto the ER honestly, pretty wide differential that should be worked up

B-Bob, donkeypunch and malakas like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

yikes. sorry to hear. unfortunately, this is going to be more and more common so long as businesses are at a restriction during this time. So it's either continue to have issues like this as we go along the longer this drags out, or move towards what Mr. Trump is aiming for next week and that's lift some of the restrictions on the economy regardless of the situations at hand. Both sides obviously have its repercussions

13. likestohypeguy

Just bring your own blanket, and pop a squat wherever you can find some space.

14. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Just refresh every 30 minutes or so. Bought this Monday on Amazon at regular price plus a box of tissues. Arrived today. I had 2 rolls left i bought from a gas station. I didn't hoard, I could have bought more but this is plenty.

[​IMG]

daywalker02 and Nick like this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

Sorry to hear that. Thankfully he has you to help him out in these difficult times, at least for the time being.
    Keep strong and have courage!
    Let's get through this and then we can live to rebuild our lives the way they were.

Mazulis and JeeberD like this.
  16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

That sucks man. Hope that everything works out

JeeberD likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He needs to file unemployment and that will help a lot. He also should qualify for social security as well. There will be jobs he can do later when this settles down but honestly for the next 6 months he should use the stimulus package and unemployment and he will make what he was making.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think I have plenty now that I ordered a bit more yesterday on Amazon, but you're right - you have to keep refreshing and then pounce on it quickly. I just got an update saying my delivery date was changed from sometime in May to April 23rd or something. You got my favorite brand! I had to settle for Charmin Ultra Soft or something. :(

19. Asian Sensation

Charmin Ultra Soft is the GOAT TP. Specifically the ones they specially make for Costco with the jumbo roll and wider sheets.

Duncan McDonuts and Blake like this.
  20. Exiled

Exiled Member

the line will be short from NIC lung injuries