1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Belgium...why ? Why such an escalation so fast? +56 new deaths..They locked down so fast and took measures in time..

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be fair the theory was about slowing it down......as Libya, the hottest place on the planet due to some sources, had its first patient.

Mazulis likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

So many young people dying now and there is no excuse of an overwhelmed heathcare system.

41 y.o mother of 3 ..her only pathology was a slight asthma
    42 y o german professor..had been battling the disease for 2 weeks, was doing well. Deteriorated very fast and didn't make it in the ICU. No pathologies

In the UK..36 year old woman died in her home.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...covid-19-after-being-told-she-is-not-priority

Nook, joshuaao, pippendagimp and 2 others like this.
  4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One thing to note is that it wasn't particularly warm during mardi gras. Warm weather won't be a saving grace, but hopefully there is a little slow down effect. Any little bit helps.

5. omgTHEpotential

One town in my country (fairly small town) had a corona outbreak. There's only 1 uninfected doctor remaining.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm looking forward to warm weather if only for more sunlight

7. likestohypeguy

Wait is that a typo, where is this?!

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Houstunna, Mazulis and malakas like this.
  9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm very sure news media are reporting every single under-50 person that has died. This is not at all surprising. Outliers happen. I'm not trying to say this virus isn't dangerous, it absolutely is.

But just be aware that mortality rate is skewed because not everyone is hospitalized and hospitalization rate is skewed because we don't know how many people stayed home with mild systems and didn't report or didn't get tested.

malakas, B-Bob, HTM and 1 other person like this.
  10. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like more and more young people are dying with no pre-existing conditions.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-21-old-becomes-youngest-164716017.html

I haven't read this but there is supposedly an 8 year old with the virus in Friendswood. My source is my mother who lives in the area.

malakas likes this.
  11. omgTHEpotential

It's a small town of only 20000 people here in Lithuania (Eastern Europe). But still, not looking good.

12. HTM

HTM Member

I don’t think any serious people have said young people couldn’t be killed. The media putting every young person killed at the forefront seems disingenuous. Yes, young people can be killed but they are much less common then older folks.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i've spoken to 3 doctors in 3 diff countries each on the frontlines dealing w/ these patients, as well as one EU member minister of health. they've all said the same thing that when someone without a pre-existing condition (respiratory, immune, onset diabetes, etc) dies from this virus, it is because they were not administered medication or didn't make it to the hospital in-time, usually both

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We are all in the same boat.....but great to hear from the land of the great Dmo.

Mazulis and malakas like this.
  15. Gdaliya

Gdaliya Member

Thats a very good question and they said that they dont think its the peak yet.
    I do belive that real lockdown and important measures were taken 9-10 ago so we still have hope that things will start getting better in few days from now.
    And this weekend there were still pepole geting fined and breaking curfew laws(hope that they all learnd their lessons).
    I did hear about some nursing homes infected with the virus which is a nightmare and can raise the numbers+ clusters that overwhelmed some hospitals.
    I didnt really watch or follow the news the last 2 day as im trying to calm and slow down a bit, i can feel the impact of the stress and the sitaution one me and my health.

Mazulis and malakas like this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

[​IMG]

I believe you I just couldn't help it.

Richie_Rich, TMac'n and B-Bob like this.
  17. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Stay safe brotha

B-Bob likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

well more and more PEOPLE are getting infected, so we could find all sorts of specific cases, right?

the percentages are probably more or less the same - virus isn’t mutating much, which is an incredible blessing in this struggle.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

Here is some statistics from here :

10% of people who arrived from Spain in the last 3 days were found positive.
    Only one had mild symptoms, everyone else completely asymptomatic. (Most of them were Erasmus student)

You have to stop the flights from NY asap. NOW.

AroundTheWorld, Nook, Mazulis and 2 others like this.
  20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member