1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

how many americans are in ICU?

Do you have statistics on the mean age of hospitalisation, icu and death?

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Old paper, copy paper, moisten it and get it dried again in the sun.

One could get creative.

Or jump into the shower.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Can you call it "guessed right" when they themselves caused the shortage? That's a self-fulfilling prophecy and doesn't make their original behaviour rational.

The vast majority of canned goods lasts 18+ months, so unless Corona decimates the civilization and production of all goods ceases, there's no point in having your supply of toilet paper last longer than the very food that keeps you alive if everything crashes.
    A standard can of food also is the same size as a roll of toilet paper, so can't use the storage space argument.

4. malakas

malakas Member

What a bunch of bullcrap.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

All european countries including Italy, tell mild cases to self isolateand get healthy on their own, with advice rom telemedicine.

And these doctors are saying now that even severe cases should be treated like this? How the fck can a patient on their own when they have 40c fever and bilateral pneumonia oxygenise himself?

Just say that you will leave most people to die.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, it's made me realize how stupid we are in general (not us directly but I mean the people with months to years of tp), believe me tp wouldn't even make a list of items I'd need if this were even more serious than it already is.

Well we still have a few rolls for the family, haha, at least we were able to get actual food and even then we didn't go stupid...

mikol13, YOLO, Reeko and 1 other person like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just got back from donating six old N95 mask and a pair of safety goggles that I found at the bottom of my tool drawer to Minnesota nurses. I didn't know if they would take them because they were old but they said they will take them because the need is desperate. Please check your house and garage to see if you have any stuff like that. Also for those who can sew there are online instructions for how to make masks and those who have 3D printers instructions for how to print them.

From talking to the nurses cannot emphasize the need is dire!

7. Major

Major Member

Why? They stocked up because they foresaw there would be a run on toilet paper. That's perfectly rational - it doesn't matter *why* there would be a shortage. They saw an upcoming problem and addressed it for themselves. If you suspect the stock market is going to go down due to a crazy unwarranted panic, then it's totally rational to sell all your stocks, even if you know you're going to contribute to the market falling farther.

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

They expect the common person to be able to intubate themselves and have a ventilator stored in their closet... Haha, not serious but some laughter could be good for us

daywalker02, FrontRunner and malakas like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Thank you for your donation. You have saved lives.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

My government sources telling me Htown about to get lockdown very very soon.. like within a couple days.. be prepared y’all

mikol13, malakas and Air Yordan like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so..

A side note I also donated a large pizza from my neighborhood pizzeria. The nurses appreciated that and in addition I supported a local business.

12. Major

Major Member

It's clear you didn't actually read the article, but beyond the specifics that you got wrong, their whole point is that this pandemic may not always have good, clean answers and our current solutions may be making it worse.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

dope man. props for doing this. salute

rocketsjudoka and malakas like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

It is selfish, but it has worked out in general for the people that 2-3 weeks ago went and stocked up on staples. Those same people are also not walking in stores, risking infection hoping to find goods. They are relatively safe in their homes limiting potential viral contact.

Also contrary to what is being told to us, we don’t know how long or strong the goods/staple stocking and availability will be. It requires healthy workers to make and send the raw material to another facility to make and pack the items, and last people to stock the shelves. All of this is dependent on healthy truck drivers as well.

CCity Zero, malakas and FrontRunner like this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

They stocked up on the tp because it filled the cart and made them feel like they had some control - that's it. You think in a more serious situation tp is going to make anyone's list? It wouldn't. The tp hoarding is stupid

daywalker02 and YOLO like this.
  16. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

The mayor is going to have you arrested and Clutchfans shut down.

Ziggy, justtxyank, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen any recent numbers on that. I will try to find more if I can.

CCity Zero and malakas like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

it will go down in history that one of the dumbest things that made 0 sense for what the world was going through at the time

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I don't disagree on buying important items and having a rolling stock on cans etc - ie you rotate old cans/goods out and use them. I'm more saying the tp thing is stupid

Nook likes this.
  20. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Fck it... I been wanting to fight mr turner... he looks like he can throw hands , back in his days

marks0223 likes this.