1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You asked for it

FrontRunner and B-Bob like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It’s why Sam is freaked out. We all should be freaked out with the stunning incompetence of, yes, the toddler, the lying conman in “charge.” However, there are some governors, a few, who are taking charge in their own states in the way a “normal” president would have taken charge of our country in this unprecedented crisis.

George W. Bush wasn’t my favorite president. Heck, I voted against him twice, and his mad adventure in Iraq was, and still is, a trillion dollar disaster littered with blood and lives, but he showed his mettle in the days following 9/11. He showed what he was capable of when dealing with a national catastrophe. He stepped up, gave the nation hope, vowed to avenge that act of terrorism, and the word “terrorism” just seems inadequate to describe that terrible event.

However, his war in Iraq, a monumental mistake by Bush, was something calculated. A calculated grievous error. A totally different situation, completely different from the shock of 9/11 and the shock of a different kind that is the seemingly endless terror of the Coronavirus pandemic. With 9/11, George Bush gave the nation the leadership it needed. Sure, he wasn’t FDR or Churchill, that half American Englishman, but he was steady. He was solid. He was good enough.

Then we have Mr trump. One would think that America beset by a deadly pandemic that the country and the world are still trying to come to grips with, still attempting to understand, would be enough of a nightmare. Yet apparently fate has decided that our nightmare must be far worse than it need be.

That we be given a “leader” devoid of empathy. A “leader” who cares nothing about the country and it’s people, of only what he thinks he can squeeze out of us for his own profit. A coward who can never admit a mistake, and is unforgiving if one is pointed out. A liar who blithely spins his lies without effort, without a conscious, without caring, without decency, with the thoughts in his sick twisted mind only of how he can help himself.

The reason I saw hope in Sam’s article is that it gives us a road that just might whip this pandemic as quickly as possible, and with the least amount of suffering and death, if we have the kind of leadership shown by the governors of New York, of Ohio, of California. In my opinion. Having written all this, I guess Sam is right.

We are ****ed.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Here's something you may not have heard .... from the "neoclassical invasion"

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Modern PC culture made this worse along with China's deliberate inaction.

People were too worried about being called a bigot and looking wrong and closing the borders off, and doing the right thing, and the normal people are paying for their actions. I blame China for not closing its airports but I also blame other govts that failed to act quickly in response to this. And I especially blame groups that were in govt and media that spent the early days of this throwing out accusations of racism to anyone suggesting we quarantine and close the borders.

Furthermore economic fears were also involved in the slow decision to act. Plus a general fear of taking an action when others aren't. None of these cowards wanted to be the first to close their borders. Especially in places like Europe which is now a hot bed. I am going back and looking at corona virus news and in the second half of January nearly half the articles are about racism and not about the airports that aren't closed and not about how temperature checks at the airport aren't going to stop a disease that spreads with no symptoms. No ****. An 8 year old could figure out that connection.

I remember Italy being over run with Chinese tourists and people go mad they Italians didn't want them around them. Tough. No one wants Wuhan Virus.

#2384 dachuda86, Mar 22, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  5. biina

biina Member

Yeah, only Chinese people can transmit the virus cos the virus doesn't speak English.

Guess you don't mind looking stupid simply to push your stupid agenda

T_Man and Blatz like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

OMG stop it with your regurgitation of Trumps spin that closing the border was some major leadership in crisis achievement. Dude the virus was already here. It was going to get here regardless. People fly from to China to a million other places that ultimately end up here. China didn’t act enough to contain it locally and that inevitably led to global spread.

This point you and Trump keep trying to make is pointless spin. Nobody cares that Trump closed the border to China via travel. Your trying to give a future case to be made for Trumps leadership which he does not deserve to be made.

Rashmon, FrontRunner and joshuaao like this.
  7. dobro1229

The Dude finally said what we were all thinking.

Buck Turgidson, Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Apparently, trump supporters are targeting Dr. Anthony Fauci for not being "supportive" of trump and digging for dirt on the esteemed doctor that has served under five (5) presidents (both republican and Democrat)...

Fauci Love Letters to Hillary Clinton Surface….
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/03/20/fauci-love-letters-to-hillary-clinton-surfaces/

Buck Turgidson and T_Man like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s a cult. Of course they are going to attack anyone not worshipping their god and defend him to their death bed. I hope media gives them no attention.

10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ooh **** you got coronavirus

dachuda86 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

The same guy, popular on twitter for his support of trump...

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's how I picture @Trader_Jorge

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You have TDS. The problem is bigger than Trump. It is pc culture. Sounds like you are drinking too much coolaid about old Trumpy to make it all about him.

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

15. NewRoxFan

Two tweets comparing two California and Florida cities and their responses to the virus...

joshuaao and B-Bob like this.
  16. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Lol The Kool-Aid Man telling some one they are drinking too much kool aid...

RayRay10, Deckard and dobro1229 like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

happy if it’s working here, but it feels a tad early for this.

18. dobro1229

Again stop it with the tactics. We all know you were trying to seed an argument (border closing = solution) on his behalf. 99% of your posts in the DD are Trump water carrying arguments on his behalf. Now you are using his tactic of accusing others of what you are guilty of. Nice job.

19. dobro1229

Yeah I think we need to see a much much larger trend line to draw any conclusions but I get the notion of praising the regular folks who are taking this serious.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

curious how do they look at “abnormal fever”? And what does it really mean...?