1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

COVID-19/Coronavirus NBA Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Maromi, Mar 2, 2020.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The initial tests the Jazz players took did come from the government though.

#181 daywalker02, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

And the government could order the private labs to prioritize the testing, giving it to the most needed for the country, not to the richest. This is war time. Private profits shouldn't be the highest priority.

3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Yep, we will soon find out which Laker he is sleeping with. Pretty sure we know it's Lebron.

Sanctity likes this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

I always thought he joined the Lakers to be closer to Kuzma.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

All these NBA cases... did any of these players ever feel that bad? That's what's scary. They are among the very few privileged to be tested without showing symptoms AND ALSO being considered high risk. And they're rifling off positives.

Sleeping giant.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, good point. I posted this in hangout, but scientists now think between 30-60% of cases are completely invisible, in people walking around feeling normal.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41...fRbPB-b-xciFJ8oUhM2hZxO7_8fjjZUpLk0qBvqJDqcw4

While we complain about the NBA players getting tested, I think it provides a great random sample of the (active, traveling) population in this country, and the results are kinda scary, right?

Ziggy and Easy like this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was saying just a week or so ago that if a society treated this thing like it was a common flu, that society would soon have to make decisions of who they should leave dying. We are seeing it beginning to happen now.

8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

After this is over, I wonder if we will start sending our old not to an old folks home, but to a euthanasia center or if we'll appreciate and care for them and keep them closer.

Easy likes this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

They are going to miss all that money as well as the owners had 45 just listened this might have been under control by now.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Mr. Space City

the nets gonnabe the strongest 7th seed ever when kyrie and durant come back :D

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

NotInMyHouse and Easy like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are the players getting paid for their for their guaranteed money if the season is canceled?

14. jayland

jayland Member

Easy likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

HBSE broke AF ;)

16. PhiSlammaJamma

On One hand, I totally get why the NBA needs an emergency clause
    On the Next hand, I totally think it's the same type of BS insurance companies pull to get out of claims they agreed to pay.
    On the Next hand, I will kind of enjoy seeing these millionaires squirming even though I shouldn't.
    And on the other hand, I feel sorry the players too cause we all in the shitter on this.
    And on the last hand, I just want to watch basketball again.

Tfor3 and Maromi like this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If ~60% of people thathave it also have no symptoms, we should rejoice, because it would also mean that the death rate is nowhere near as high as the average person is projecting (epidemiology is way further ahead, but the people in this thread don’t seem to be reading their views).

The Goldman Sachs earnings call was great, if you want a realistic view informed by epidemiology that was also uncolored by Democrats denying aid. Highly recommended.

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

there are multiple D&D threads where you can berate whatever political party, FWIW.

thanks for GS rec.

Deckard likes this.
  19. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The denominator in death rates will become clearer as more tests are done, and you're right that the more asymptomatic people there are, the better is for the lethality. Even if it's 60% that's have no symptoms, that would still be a death rate of 0.5-1% in the US.