1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We ACTUALLY HAVE A FREAKING GUY NAMED BILLY BOB AS HEAD COACH GM! And he doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground. Its ridiculous.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hey ya still have JJ WATT!

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Did you test the post directly below the one you quoted?

4. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

5. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

This one.

the shark likes this.
  6. homewight

Bob McNair was a shitty owner, too. Didn't think it could get worse, but it did.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  7. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

People can b*tch and moan about the Fertitta-run Rockets or the post-Luhnow Astros, but the Texans are and will continue to be the most inept franchise in the city.

coachbadlee likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#768 zeeshan2, Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  9. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

At least DHop get's to thrive somewhere else and not lose his whole career playing for the Texans.

pugsly8422 and arkoe like this.
  10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I was certainly hoping for, well, at the time, agency. He's managed - in less than two years - to establish himself as a significantly worse owner than his father.

11. Hey Now!

Yeah...... you're probably right. He's developing a culture of yes men. So disappointing...

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Hey Now!

..... So, you just stopped reading?.... Here, let me help you:
    Any chance you understand the difference between me stating there is merit in selling high on Hopkins... and the reality that they did NOT sell high on Hopkins?......

I did not defend the trade. I have not defended the trade.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Michael Irvin:

I got on the phone right after I heard about this trade & tried to pull it out of him. What happened? What happened here man? No way they give away one of the best receivers for a ham sandwich like they did.

He kept the high road. "I'm just happy about where I'm going." He left it there. I couldn't rest my mind on it. I called him 24 hours later, late yesterday. He was willing to talk more. Tell me what happened in Houston. He went into it. He told me "Michael, it was a bit of a power struggle there" because Bill O'Brien thought he had too much influence over the locker room. He called DeAndre Hopkins in a meeting to talk about this and hash it out. In that meeting, he started the meeting with telling DeAndre Hopkins this, that blew my mind when DeAndre told me this, he said "Last time I had to have a meeting like this, it was with Aaron Hernadez." I was like, he put in Aaron Hernadez in this meeting? He said "Yes he did." He said "Michael, that blew my mind he would bring it up. I've never been in any trouble. I don't know why he would equate me with Aaron Hernandez." From there, the meeting just deteriorated. He got into talking about DeAndre Hopkins, because Hopkins has a few kids from different women and told DeAndre he doesn't like he has his baby mamas around sometimes. From that, the relationship went bad & thus we have a trade of Hopkins from Houston for a ham sandwich all because of that relationship.

#774 J.R., Mar 18, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    BaselineFade, Dgn1 and Gray_Jay like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Buck Turgidson

How any player could have even one iota of respect for BoB after this....

What a disaster. It's really a shame nobody saw this coming.

mikol13, BaselineFade and marks0223 like this.
  17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Heard it live... Marcus Spears was speechless. If they don’t fire him today it’s time to burn NRG to the ground. And I don’t mean figuratively. Like any semblance of the franchise needs to be wiped off the face of Houston.

I’ve always been somewhat indifferent to the franchise - I wasn’t around when they started so I never attached to them, never had the emotional connection like I do w the Astros and Rockets and like I did w the Oilers - but they’ve actually become an embarrassment to this city. Outside of the players, there is nothing worth salvaging w this franchise. ZERO. From ownership on down to BOB and the “culture” of the franchise.

mikol13 and Hey Now! like this.
  18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So not "Texans worthy?" The more things change...

19. homewight

I got a bridge for you, bud. You've been mansplaining this trade for dozens of pages. "Stating that the merits..." is explaining, and in turn, defending the trade. Why can you just say the trade sucks (which you've agreed with) without being so contrarian about it?

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Nobody...?

Dgn1 likes this.