1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I have to say that this has been Bill O'Brien deserves to be flogged in the middle if the streets of Houston. Our franchise has lost their minds. The death of Bob McNair unleashed an unstable psychopath who is destroying our city, and our rep. Bill Obrien keeps punching this city in the nads over and over again.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yep; and here's their write-up - let me know if this leans more "fine" or "****":
    Yeah, "****" for sure...

If I were ranking their offseason priorities, secondary, pass rush, DL, running back and wide receiver (even before the trade) would all rank higher. And in some cases - like the secondary - they need multiple pieces.

I would say something personal back to you - but I honestly have no idea who you are.

Look - you're the only person that's griping about the OL like it's still 2018, refusing to acknowledge it was better last year with the likely potential of getting better in '20.

The offensive line is fine and I'd wager the vast majority of Texan fans would agree. *Every* position has room for improvement; but given extremely limited capital (early draft picks; pending cap concerns), they'd be foolish to waste any on the OL (barring unforeseen circumstances).

Gray_Jay likes this.
  3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

BOB brought trading Hopkins up with gaine last year and gaine said are you crazy?

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

6. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. the shark

the shark Member

Just because they "exceeded" expectations compared to 2017 + 2018 doesn't mean jack $hit!

20th out of 32 teams puts their OL in the bottom 3rd which sure isn't "fine".

They not only gave up SEVEN sacks to Buffalo but they also gave up FIVE to KC the following week.

Also, all of this was brought up because Warner tried to claim that the reason this trade was made was because Watson was too dependent on Hop and thus wasn't progressing as a QB. You said this made "sense".

When you have a bottom 1/3 OL (and they do) the proof is in the pudding and Watson was constantly being pressured and having to run for his life.

As I've pointed out countless times now (but it doesn't seem to register with your pig headed brain), it doesn't matter who your QB is, when you're constantly pressured you don't have time to go through your reads.

Also their OL in 2017 + 2018 were flat out embarrassing. So they improved beyond "expectations" in 2019 STILL DOESN'T EQUATE TO IT BEING FINE!!!

TWELVE SACKS in two playoff games!!

Keep on arguing Hey Wrong!!

9. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Reading some of these posts makes me realize that O'Brien isn't the only one that's not right in the head.

No Worries likes this.
  10. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

If this type of trade doesn’t make people realize they need to stop showing up to games then I don’t know what will. Enough is enough, man!

I honestly don’t know what’s worse, The Astros cheating their way to a World Series or the complete incompetence of The Texans organization. Each one has left a black eye on Houston sports, it’s just flat out embarrassing to be a sports fan of this city

Hey Now! likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

This is just sad. suspected something like that but once it comes out you just can't believe it.

buffalobills!!! and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What makes this feel worse is knowing Hopkins' skillset and talent, his game would probably age pretty damn well kind of like Larry Fitzgerald.

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If this is true the league needs to step in and remove bob from the league. What a ****ing joke.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk why Cal McNair didn't just clean house right from the start after he took over, to make his own name. Instead he promotes incompetence to full power literally makes his franchise a laughing stock.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's why Gaine and all these other guys get fired.

They say no when BillyBob wants to do something stupid. Then BillyBob can't win the argument because it's obviously stupid, and he fires them.

Jturbofuel, SWTsig, gucci888 and 3 others like this.
  17. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

I am done with Houston sports for awhile and I’ve been here my whole life.

Astro owner throws GM and manager under the bus

Rockets owner not paying workers during coronavirus

Texans owner simply just don’t give a flying **** and give the OB power of communism.

I am just waiting for roughnecks or UH sports to come back.

Fulgore, dreamshakin and coachbadlee like this.
  18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Bill O'Brien has officially lost every fan in the city. This was the bag of skittles trade for your star receiver and the ensuring complete control that impacts your QB. DW4 is a God fearing man, but I would demand answers for this trade or demand one out of here. Bill O'Brien is a coward and I honestly cant believe that I defended this POS in the past. These trades he has done has set back our franchise years back. Regardless of any success this f*** has in this city, This trade was personal. 100%. And Deshaun needs to know why.

19. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Such a joke of a trade, would've rather got Kenyan drake in return than washed up David Johnson.

UTSA2step and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Here Is the injury that ...eventually caused him to lose his starting job...