1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

ICE works!

Trump stopped the Viking Invasion!

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The way forward.

NewRoxFan, B-Bob and Amiga like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

The thing I'm wondering is how hospitals are prepping for the long haul.

Are they opening up more icu beds or increasing training? Is there money or plans to do that?

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not that I know of. At least locally where I am. Our local hospitals are still continuing with elective procedures, for now (though my wife says she thinks this will change quickly). Gotta save those profits above all else!

I've said this before to my coworkers, after hearing our system's plans.

Everything in this country is reactive. Nothing is proactive. This is why we get in trouble.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Basically you have to flatten the curve. There simply is not enough hospital beds and unless you can find a way to quadruple that in a month (not possible) there is no solution (there is no solution). That's why it's so critical you limit the spread of the disease to a level that there is enough beds

nacho bidness likes this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

7. SamFisher

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

How has India kept this under control @malakas they seem like a country that would have been SUPER vulnerable

malakas and KingCheetah like this.
  9. SamFisher

I like the numbers where they are

N. Modri

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

How much testing is being done in India? Without proper testing it may look like there are very few cases. I’m guessing the numbers in the US are about to skyrocket with proper testing finally being rolled out.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I feel like the conspiracies and the liberal blaming is really just a lash out in anger about the change in their lives they’ll have to make.

Look.. it sucks. It’s going to suck more. We are going to have moments where we lose our minds. But we have to do this and everyone has to get themselves mentally prepared to deal with this.

A lot of people went to the bars and got drunk this weekend. I know cause I drove by and saw them packed. Glad you got the out of your system but it’s time to lock down now and deal with the new normal, and pray that this thing is seasonal and goes away with the warmer weather to give us a semi normal late spring/summer.

Get angry this weekend but come this week, people need to pull it together because we are obviously flying blind here and cannot rely on the government to have it together this time. It’s going to have to get worse before it gets better and you do not want to be on the front line when the cases spike and overwhelm our medical system.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No Worries likes this.
  14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If only every would-be twitter-influencer realized that you just have to use all caps, and misspellings.

15. Invisible Fan

nvm

#1935 Invisible Fan, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how good his stash of guns will serve him with the ongoing government take over.

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Catch COVID and infect your loved ones... to own the libs?

Nook and jiggyfly like this.
  18. jcf

jcf Member

I’m not glad that people “got it out of their system”. It was irresponsible. And to state the obvious, it isn’t a personal decision. It is a “I don’t care about anyone else” decision.

hopefully, this all blows over. But if the reports are real, there are a bunch of selfish a holes ignoring the recommendations who will likely expect to be first in line for what may be scarce medical resources.

Hakeemtheking and malakas like this.
  19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

The hard numbers on this without estimating how many undiagnosed people are walking around has the mortality rate over 7%. This quarantine response is clearly not overreacting. I initially wasn't too worried but the deeper I looked the concern set in. They don't want panic so they temper their reports but everyone should be doing their part to slow this down. There's no containing it but we can flatten the curve.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The intersection of Self Selection and Natural Selection.

Nook likes this.