1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

That's what I'm thinking. If I'm stuck at home, then rather play with this and use the day trades as a way to try to maximize the volatility?

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I was interested in BA about $100 ago but now that it’s trading a trough valuations I don’t have the guts to buy. The price action in their CDS is quite worrying.

Instead I bought some goog today. Nice clean balance sheet and I can rest easy at night. Will probably pull the trigger on MSFT and AAPL soon.

Sajan, saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Right, like if you're going to be home and have access this could be the best chance to do it. Obviously I'm sure there's stories of people making bad choices but any in you're confident on I wouldn't wait. I mean obviously that's always the case but when you're seeing 2-4x+ just trading or making calls like this example there's money, obviously in this guy's story he even admits this was luck, but with how volitale it is right now it seems you're either going to make a lot quick or it could go bad quick, it definitely makes it more interesting on gambles though.

RKREBORN likes this.
  4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Just upgraded to Gold and went at Gilead Sciences. Thinking of picking up more Inovio, but got in at 6.68, now at 9.40. What do you think?

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

The day Disney closes Disneyland, buy.

JPM also super strong balance sheet and the government is going to ensure cash is available. I like it $80 to 90ish.

Nook and CCity Zero like this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Gilead I think could be very good for short-term with how fast news changes, but recent reports I think it's looking good. Inovio could be good still, I just don't know on holding AH if up like this. like all of these companies are one upping each other. Obviously I could be wrong and it jumps but I think that's nice on the value you're at. Like I'm thinking daytrading these drug/research stocks might be a great move, just want to be ready to follow the wave to the next company that makes a big move.

RKREBORN likes this.
  7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Dude, I also had some Slack (WORK). They got killed today, insane

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is crazy on market, like after hours dipping, hopefully it turns to a lot of buying over night and it goes back up at a nice gain. It's crazy on these how fast it changes.

9. astros123

astros123 Member

Live nation is looking good if it dips another 10-15%. I still can't believe how cheap UAL is at the moment. I work part-time with them and they have a solid balance sheet and are ripe for growth. They just invested 340 million dollars in the most sophisticated bagroom in the world at IAH. They have 6 new wide body gates being built at IAH right now.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think they announced it was closing about 15 minutes after your post.

CCity Zero likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I haven't looked in depth into their asset quality, but do consider that in a recession the 900bil in loans on the asset side of its balance sheet is under threat due to defaults. rate cuts squeezing NIM, assets disappearing due to defaults, and investments declining in value are real risks. On the positive side i read that JPM has been stacking silver for years.

whag00 and seanluu like this.
  12. Agent94

Agent94 Member

****, you might have bought my goog. I wouldn't touch this market with Bea Arthur's d*ck. SQQQ for the next 25% down.

fallenphoenix likes this.
  13. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Gilead is the one of the drug companies that made everyone hate drug companies. I'm 92.7% sure they paid someone off to streamline the testing of their coronavirus drug just to get a bump in their stock price. Once that fails, Gilead will drop like a rock. Then again, you have a 7.3% chance of hitting a home run which is better than most investments right now.

14. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

First time. Long time. Did CCL (election year cant let Florida fail). Marathon Oil (htown). And left over on BoA. Right when I went in I took a 30% loss. But in 8 to 12 months I should double up.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gilead for Remdesivir? I was thinking about getting into it since it seems to be the most promising as being "the" drug to combat COVID-19 for now. It's also further along in testing than most others, I think, and is being used in clinical trials in Asia and now, the U.S. I think it was proven to be effective against SARS and MERS, as well. It was originally created for combating ebola, but didn't prove to do so well there.

There are probably another 10-20 of these vaccines and drugs in development. Pick the wrong one and you may suffer.

BenjaminChen and CCity Zero like this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On Disney, I'm thinking and this is a (maybe) we might see a $75ish mark, I'm guessing but I feel with the parks closed/travel impacted this could be really good time, 75ish or maybe lower. I'm thinking the sports industry and advertising, along with the delays in movies coming out will all be large impacts. I mean the parks alone will be huge.

Of course market response could change things but I think the longer sports are suspended - abc/espn etc are going to be causing Disney to drop further

htownrox1 and RKREBORN like this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, I think Gilead could be great for this and was a good pick considering things, It looks promising for treatment option (but definitely need to watch). I also still think if we get lucky vaccine chasing could be good but have to be on point to dump and move. You don't want to be left holding bags since it moves so fast on the vaccine news.

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Great minds think alike! I set an offer limit on Disney for $75 last night. Let’s see what happens!

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. BenjaminChen

BenjaminChen Member

When the market stables,I'll buy Ferrari.When Italy gets better,the formula one season restarts,it will rise.
    And I bet a lot of people will get super rich this spring,some of them will buy Ferrari cars too.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

Noob here. Just here to read everyone’s advice. Thank you.

CCity Zero, RKREBORN and Ubiquitin like this.