1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Season Suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AstrosRockets1818, Mar 11, 2020.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

NBA strategically cancel games so they can bring back fans they lost. Ratings are in the dumpster, they have a chance to revive. We can all watch G Leaguers.

Jeremy Lin has to report to his Chinese team, they have recalled all the american players back to their teams.

DeBeards, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

this would be the perfect time for tillman to fire d'antoni.....jussayin

3. mingthething

mingthething Member

Hepatits C can be cured.
    AIDS can be cured in isolated cases.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Guys , think about this ... if Harden has it , then every stripper in the US is at risk

5. WNBA

WNBA Member

Then every Trump and Epstein

6. SORF

SORF Member

It is for people like Codman and myself who have a weaken immune system due to our fights wth cancer...this could be super deadly for us.

#126 SORF, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    jcf, Tfor3, pippendagimp and 3 others like this.
  7. JackLordsHair66

I

Not sure where you are getting your info that the vaccine they’ve have ready for clinical trials in China at the end of April, but they are skipping animal trials so there is no guarantee this is a sure thing at all, it’s been developed at hyper speed compared to the Normal development process so i wouldn’t be overly optimistic as we won’t know until May/June at the earliest based on everything ive read.

8. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Would be funny if the nba season was suspended till the summer time and kd and Kyrie came back...

9. AstrosRockets1818

10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

good time for harden to rest up and heal.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who cares? Kyrie is overrated as hell, and KD will be 32 coming off a devastating injury. Why are we worried about them?

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

As much as I don’t like Mark Cuban, at least he talked about developing a plan for all the workers at his stadium who will be without work. Tilman’s greedy, cheap ass would never do something like that.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

leave it up to salty CF members to start attacking Tilman...

hakeem94, Tfor3, pr0wler and 6 others like this.
  14. SORF

SORF Member

Mark Cuban said a "couple players" are affected...wonder who the others are?

D-rock likes this.
  15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Word. It’s soo played.

DeBeards and Reeko like this.
  16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

No, it’s real.

17. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Does anyone in the know have news about the Olympics? I’ve already bought tickets well in advance (because I live so close to Japan), it would be a bummer if cancelled but health and safety come first!

A little update on life here in Beijing, the quarantine has been partially lifted and I’ve returned to work in the 酒仙桥 area. However, there are really strict controls for entering and exiting both the office building and the 小区 (best translation I can think of would be “block”?) And in the office people are not allowed to sit close to each other and there are minders checking in on us every hour or so to make sure we’re adhering to the rules.

Most hair salons, Karaoke places, and concert halls/livehouses have yet to open but more restaurants and takeout services have resumed business, though it’s extremely quiet here. Most offices I know of are running part-time, meaning not everyone is coming in at once, and some haven’t opened yet.

I asked if I could just work from home going forward (and am waiting on a reply) because it’s not like it makes a difference if I’m at the office anyway, and parking and entering/exiting is a ****ing hassle, though traffic is much better recently without half of the workforce and with all of the schools closed.

Anyway, the NBA season being suspended is good for everyone involved—again, health and safety come first. With access to the best health professionals in the world, I’m sure all infected will be ok. And you’ll be ok too! Please, PLEASE minimize human contact and avoid crowds as much as you can. This virus, while not particularly deadly, is crazy infectious. But I’m seriously hoping we can resume the season and get the virus under control soon.

BeBreezy, Tfor3, Rocket River and 7 others like this.
  18. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Possibly Steph Curry

DeBeards likes this.
  19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Dirty...

20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

There’s no cure yet idk where people are getting that from. They are barely in testing. Yesterday I watch the joe Rogan show with an expert in infectious disease, they talked about the corona and other like ebola and sars.
    It’s a good and informative show. Imma post it here just for people who want to watch it.
    There was also another video about the wet markets and one about a guy who had corona and is telling his experience and what symptoms he went thru.
    If u guys want me to post them Ill gladly do it. The more informed we are the better.