1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's a communist country, the doctors/nurses are basically slaves, they will be overworked to the point of complete exhaustion, and then made to work more.

Medical professionals are unfortunately going to be at the highest risk, but they do overworking in a fashion we haven't known since the dawn of the industrial age.

malakas likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

It will not be only China.
    Already Italy who one can say is in the beginning stages or at most middle stages of the outbreak have doctors working from dawn to night. When they get infected and they have mild symptoms they still work. They already recruited the retired and the medical students.

This is the reality.
    It is a national emergency and you don't have to be a communist country to have this situation.

I posted it in the other thread but here a "doctor" refused to report to hospital because she was scared.
    Doctors give an oath and have a duty.
    Whoever refuses to fullfill it should face the full extent of the law. These people aren't real doctors.

Otherwise nothing stops the army as well when at war to just fail to report or resign.
    There are provisions in the constitution (at least here) that in cases of national emergency people will be forced to do their fill.

3. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The rate of exposure means they are going to run the highest rate everywhere, I'm talking specifically about the work load as a contributing factor

Pursuing such a level of punitive justice at a time of such heightened tensions probably isn't the best idea, this isn't a defense of the nation scenario, if they're not going to turn up to work, do they still keep their job? I don't think i would want to be seen by such a doctor though, i can certainly understand loss of medical license but let's not go crazy here, full extent of the law is for legit crimes.

I shouldn't laugh but this immediately made me think of the greek communities made up almost exclusively of national service dodgers that popped up all over the world, but those aren't the sort of provisions that exist in countries that have their roots in the magna carta, comparing it to the purpose of the army is over the top.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Word on the street is that Ted Cruz has relocated his self quarantine to a Spanish brothel.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

The dentist whose family hates him so much they made a campaign ad against him... now weighs in on the Coronavirus virus. He is self-quarantined (he's a wingnut so he attended cpac) and of course, spouts wingnut talking points (calls it Wuhanvirus) and also blames wingnut talking point that the virus is a hoax... on Democrats.

6. NewRoxFan

Since trump's mismanagement of the Coroavirus is crystal clear, he goes back to trying to minimize the crisis, blaming Democrats and the media.

Meanwhile, the market dips yet again...

7. NewRoxFan

And while trump is busy tweeting about political rivals and how Democrats and the media are over-hyping the health crisis on yet another do-nothing day... the CDC is advising people to avoid cruises and long airlines flights...

#947 NewRoxFan, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    No Worries likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Shh don’t tell @Trader_Jorge. He is not afraid and is planning a cruise soon.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

BUYING DEM DIPS

conquistador#11 and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All you need to know about the political response to this situation.

During Superstorm Sandy Obama embraces Chris Christie, pledges US government help to NJ and praises the job Chrisitie is doing. A man who frequently criticized and campaigned against Obama.

This weekend Trump during. Press briefing at the CDC wears a MAGA hat and calls Governor Jay Inslee of WA a snake. Talks about his ratings on Fox and brags that’s he could be a doctor.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[Read my lips] Stock market is starting to look very good to me!

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

13. NewRoxFan

Credibility? "perfectly coordinated and fine tuned"? trump and his secretary of health services (and former Coronavirus czar) disagree on whether the health crisis is a crisis...

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

really, people who shake hands with ted cruz probably need to be quarantined.

his kids know whats up...

FrontRunner and RayRay10 like this.
  15. No Worries

16. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

False News Covid for thee, Quarantine for me.

superfob likes this.
  17. No Worries

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

malakas likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Since trump rarely does any work in the white house I suspect it may be "business as usual".

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What is up with Switzerland and Sweden???