1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we flame out in the first round, do we trade Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 8, 2020.

?

If we flame out in the first round, do we trade Harden?

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No

89 vote(s)
    53.3%
  1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm a Rocket fan.

lw17 likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I doubt they'd trade Harden. I think, instead, we'll see Morey and D'Antoni fired. I don't care that much if D'Antoni isn't brought back. It bothers me that we may lose Morey.

I'll also add that it's been widely speculated that the Knicks are going after Masai. I could see them pivoting and going after Morey if he becomes available.

3. fchowd0311

Because of racism of course. He's black.

You tell me why you think that is?

Maybe it's because for Harden during the regular season a large chunk of his fouls are from baiting. Look at regular season active leaders in drives to the rim. Harden is usually somehwhere in the top but he also has a disproportionate amount of fta for his drives compared to the rest of the league in the regular season. For example, this year he's 6th in drives to the rim but first in fta generated from those drives.

It's simple, the foul baiting doesn't work as much in the playoffs so the players who actually aggressively attack the basket whole only looking to score the bucket rather than baiting probably will get calls more because they probably become more aggressive in the playoffs.

SkareKrow, Tomstro, lw17 and 2 others like this.
  4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Maybe the season is wearing on him and right now after these last 4 games has really made him look horrible. It's really sad to see the ineffectiveness of this team. It's like the coaches have told all the players to give the ball to Harden and let him do his thing, which isn't working. Once again MDA is lost with making adjustments (It's clear that Jeff Green should start in place of House, who is lost on defense). PJ is scared to pull the trigger, the whole team looks lost on both ends.

Sad day in Htown, however, still feel as if we can get out of this funk and get back to playing winning basketball. 19 or 20 games left.

This season will define Harden's legacy...

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

But Flopping does pay off more in the playoffs
    Interesting

Rocket River

6. fchowd0311

No it doesn't. That's the point. A lot of stars become more aggressive in the playoffs both on offense and defense hence why for some stars, fouls drawn go up. If you rely on foul baiting for a lot for your fouls in the regular season, they probably won't go up as refs tend to hold their whistles for them probably because the league office doesn't want those type of whistles called as often because they know the uproar it would cause by fans in the playoffs. They want ratings as high as possible and rewarding someone for foul baiting is going to decrease rating.

lw17 likes this.
  7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I had someone tell me I fell off ooh I needed that :D

Nah but forreal. Hopefully Harden just getting all the bricks out now so he can shoot lights out in the playoffs. He was shooting a career best from 3 earlier this season at 39% before he started slumping.

8. Newlin

Newlin Member

Harden and Russ are under contract for three more years after this season. The last year is a player option for each player. Harden is 30yrs old. Russ is 31yrs old.

The Rockets don’t really have the ability to make a major addition to the team now that they have traded away most of their draft picks and young players. Eric Gordon isn’t likely to bring much back in trade considering his injury issues and large contract.

I think once Tilman and Morey feel they’ve gone as far as they can with Harden and Russ, then they very well may consider a major rebuild. Trading Harden and Russ and other vets could allow the Rockets to get back young talent and draft picks for a reboot.

The rebuild has to happen at some point. I would rather the Rockets trade Harden and Russ while they still have value. I’m not afraid to start over from scratch. What we have on the court right now just isn’t working, and I don’t see us being able to improve this core with so few tradable assets.

Y2JT and ilovehtownbb like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . .. . for the next 5 years
    You would be attending games for a 39-43 teams?
    You might but be afraid but Tillman is deathly afraid

Rocket River

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Memphis is in the way, but if the Rockets keep playing like they are now, they might not make the playoffs. Sounds absurd, but is certainly possible. Currently, they are dropping like a rock.

11. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I am confident that we will make the playoffs and anything can happen once we are in

We are still a dangerous team when we hit our 3s

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

First round exit is impossible.

2nd round exit is highly likely.

I would not trade harden and WB.

trade Gordon, House, Ben.

13. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

if we are 7th, 8th seed, then we play Lakers or Clippers and it will be a tough road ahead....

14. Fefo

Fefo Member

No we dont. Will never be able to get anything close to equal value for harden. I think if we loose early, Mike Dantoni is gone, and probably Daryl too, but Harden and Westbrook are untouchables. I think if we could get a big that can shoot a bit, this lineup will be really good, with Russ having all the spacing to attack the rim and 4 shooters, but on D, we will have somebody who has some height to rebound and contest shots at the rim.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Only way Harden gets traded is if he asks for it.

So the question should be if a first round exit will frustrate Harden so much that he asks to leave...

I don't see it. He's pretty much put down roots here in the city. He's the Rockets right now and will go down to many as at the very least the 3rd greatest Rocket of all time...(I would argue that he's only behind Hakeem, I know some would put Moses Malone over him though) but he's this franchise.

It's just hard to imagine him in any other jersey, personally, but who knows. Kobe almost left the Lakers after a bad season, so it can happen.

16. plates300

plates300 Member

no way you trade Harden. The offensive philosophy has to change. Three's and lay ups only is a disaster - feast or famine and when it counts, it's always famine. Harden has unlimited offensive skill. Morey and company have relegated him to the three point line and lay ups. You've made him that much easier to guard and you've made the entire team that much easier to guard. The GSW are an exception - they had 2 and 3 all time great shooters to execute that philosophy and they don't even take it to that extreme. The fundamental problem has always been the three and layups philosophy. On paper it's a great idea but in reality, it will only work to a certain extent. Morey, the new coach, and ownership need to be on board with the change in offensive philosophy. These missed three pointers lead to easy lay ups for the other team yet we keep on shooting them. It's been hard watching the Rockets the last week.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

Lol I am down on Harden, but his is silly...

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

omg...lmao

please stop...

Rockets missing the playoffs has a 0% chance of happening unless we witness Harden and Russ injuries

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

2nd round is flaming out too, IMHO, WC Finals or blow it up.

DD

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

More a possibility than you might think. All that has to happen is to continue losing.