1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Carter-Williams to be named Rookie of the Year

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, May 3, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

When Michael Carter-Williams was selected by the Philadelphia 76ers 11th overall, many didn’t expect the point guard to be in contention for the Rookie of the Year award. But not only was Carter-Williams in contention, the former Syracuse star is likely to come with the honor as NJ.com is reporting the Rhode Island native will be named the 2013-14 NBA Rookie of the Year award winner.

Michael Carter-Williams, the Sixers rookie point guard, will be named the NBA Rookie of the Year, a league source has confirmed to NJ.com.

The award is expected to be announced sometime next week.

Carter-Williams averaged 16.7 points, 6.3 assists, and 6.2 rebounds this year, compiling one of the best rookie seasons in Sixers’ history.

Despite dealing with injury and a self-admitted struggle to maintain full health during the 82 game grind of the NBA’s regular season, Carter-Williams continually put up stats and separated himself from the rest of the NBA’s freshman class.

Victor Oladipo of the Orlando Magic, who was the second overall selection in the 2013 NBA Draft, seemed to be Carter-Williams’ only legit competition.

http://fansided.com/2014/05/03/76ers-michael-carter-williams-named-2013-14-nba-rookie-year/#!HO2c6

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

In today's piece about Exum, you said the Sixers could draft him and you said "I think the more obvious fit comes if they trade Carter-Williams, an idea I'm told they have bounced around." Could you elaborate on what you've heard and the seriousness of it? Does that mean they don't think MCW is a future allstar?

Chad Ford: Sam Hinkie is as asset collector. There are no untouchables on the second worst team in the NBA right now. Carter-Williams may have over performed a bit this rookie year given the situation he was in. If a team blew away the Sixers with an offer for him, yes I think they'd consider it. They like Exum and if they got another piece for Williams that made them better in the long-term, I think they could be willing to let him go.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

After Bledsoe-Dragic, i thought the dual PG lineup was en vogue

It's not like MCW would be a defensive liability at the 2

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

I honestly don't think that much of this kid. Good scorer on a bad team. He could develop nicely - but I don't think he will. I have a feeling he'll end up being like Brandon Jennings - can't do much without scoring and he'll need the ball in his hands. I think Sixers should sell high while they can.

5. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

When you let mcw be his roy self, we are definitely screwed.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Again?

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

At least in 2015 carter-williams was on a great bucks team with oj mayo , jarred bayless, middleton. I think they even had giannis at the tiime!

8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Second time oh mayo name came up on cf

At least it's not mayo and Harden are same player

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Goat of the scrubs that cannot shoot.