1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It's over Biden won the primary as far as I'm concerned. The goal now is to beat Trump. Biden to me is a moderate republican, and I don't think he will doing anything to progress our nation... but at least we won't regress the nation like Trump. So #Biden2020

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That seemed kinda edited especially the second one it cut off after Biden said Social security and Medicare so I didn’t hear how he would deal with it.

even taking the claim at face value if we're concerned about the younger generation shouldn’t we be concerned about the debt we leave them?

3. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You can think Biden is a moderate Republican but he is left of me.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My political scale is balanced across the top half of highly developed nations. The top 20 or so most highly developed nations. For American politics, Biden is moderate Democrat, but if we open the political scale to Europe, Nordic countries, Australia, New Zealand and Japan, suddenly the scale shifts and he becomes a moderate conservative, and what the GOP/Trump becomes is a disgusting joke.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I always think of this map when I think of what a "moderate" politician is relative to the developed world
    [​IMG]

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...-health-care-americas-still-not-on-it/259153/

CometsWin and ThatBoyNick like this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yes, and clearly, many countries on that list are not very developed countries.

[​IMG]

Another interesting map. Note it's a 2009 map, which really speaks wonders to our values as a nation.

https://data.oecd.org/chart/5RAg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_infant_and_under-five_mortality_rates

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_inequality-adjusted_HDI

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

I'm going to get some "this is Bernie Bro rhetoric" flak for saying this but God damn boomers have PTSD over Red Scare propaganda and it really has ****ed following generations over with a lack of worthwhile progress.

Nook, JayGoogle, CometsWin and 2 others like this.
  8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What exactly are you to right of Biden on? I also consider him to be a moderate Republican, basically a 90's Republican... the pre-Bush jr. cluster**** because people wanted to have a beer with him Republicans.

#1008 CometsWin, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  9. fchowd0311

To be fair Biden is left of people like Bush Sr on healthcare policy. No he doesn't want M4A but he at least wants a public option while Bush Sr wanted a god damn tax credit of 3000 dollars per year for a low income household.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It’ll be impossible for Biden to avoid being a pretty liberal president regardless if he comes from the pre-George W Republican class or not.

In order for Biden to win, he’s got to consolidate the vote with the progressives to get Bernie to back him, and as president he’s going to have to deal with the likes of AOC, etc. who he’ll need to keep on his side to not fracture his support.

The Bernie wing of the party now has Freedom Caucus like power, and they will use it with a Dem president regardless. The Bernie folks here need to know this if Bernie loses to Biden. Bernie still has a base that’ll walk on hot coals for him and Biden will have to deal with Bernie and AOC as much if not more than the Republicans as president which will give them the ability to push him left on many issues just to keep the party in tact on key votes.

jiggyfly, Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My gut is that Biden takes the nomination and Klobuchar is the VP. Just a gut feeling. Especially since Trump is going with Haley.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s all relative, but a m4a gov option that cost nearly a trillion over a decade was consider radical left during the Obama year. Spending nearly 2T to fight climate change, shifting from mass incarnation to prevention and education, ... so on. The time has changed but these would be radical just 4-8 years ago. And given how much trump has pushed subset of things to the right, a Biden presidency with a Dem congress can “radically” shift it back and more. That’s huge progress that is realistic. I was on the Yang and warren train and I’m for single payer but I preferred real pragmatic progressive shift... right the ship first and then steer it in the right direction. The newer gens will be here to come and will push a more progressive path in time soon. Ps. Judges are vitally important for the long term and that will “radically” shift relative to trump or any “moderate” gop (no such thing left anyway) user Biden as well.

#1012 Amiga, Mar 4, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
    Hakeemtheking and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

hope not. Warren would be a great choice imo.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

With the age of Biden, you need someone younger, there is a very good chance the VP will be the head of the ticket in four years.

Two Sandwiches and Amiga like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I kind of like the idea of Biden only serving one term and leaving it to his VP.

I'm curious what do people think about Stacy Abrams or Andrew Gillum as potential VP's for Biden?

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I have to admit I am very surprised by Biden's surge. I thought yesterday he would do well but I didn't expect he would do this well. I thought that Bloomberg would take more of Biden's potential support.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

My own views probably fit best with a 90's Republican like Bill Weld. There's a reason why for much of my adult life I haven't been a Democrat. As I've said I am as much a Democrat as Sanders and Bloomberg.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    In four years? In the unlikely event that Biden wins the General Election, there's a very good chance he is mentally unfit for the job on Day 1 and his VP needs to take over. His mental faculties are declining rapidly, and we haven't even gotten to showtime with Trump! The man is currently incapable of making it through a speech without several slurs and mental collapses. The 25th Amendment will enter the discussion very quickly if an elderly man suffering from dementia is elected President.

GOOD DAY

19. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I think you are talking about the stable genius right? Want some covfefe?

20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Bernie supporters have a right to be mad as hell. They have been disrespected for too long.

GOOD DAY