1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden’s floater

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Alkaholic, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Alkaholic

Alkaholic Member

What happens to his sweet floater he was doing in the beginning of the season?
    That thing was deadly when he was driving down the lane
    We could have used that last night

carib, Deckard, ak99999 and 2 others like this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

He started getting called for charges, he’s gotten away from it since.
    Last night the way the Knicks were camping in the paint not sure it would have helped. Harden may have fouled out by the half. His 3 needs to start falling

#2 Blurr#7, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yep, and teams also started undercutting him hard after the release, and of course zebras always looked the other way

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

We didn't play D last night and thought we could just outscore the Knicks.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is how Refs affect the game
    That does not necessarily show in the stats

Rocket River

gfab-babyboi, Blurr#7 and slothy420 like this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

* This is how Silver affects the game

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

He hit 2 of them last night if I recall. The main issue is that his jumper is broken right now. He was 5-9 in the paint last night, and that’s with him smoking 2 easy layups. Meanwhile he started off 0-8 from deep.

8. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

I didn't see the Knicks game, but I recall that Boston was doing it pretty bad to him the game before :mad::mad::mad:

It not only gets Harden into foul trouble, but it takes away some of his aggressiveness, and also increases his chance for injury when he inevitably lands on the defender. I'm not surprised that the refs allow it to continue.

Rocket River, pippendagimp and saleem like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

His offense has certainly regressed in 2020. Far more inconsistent than he was. Hope he's back by playoffs.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No poop threads in the GARM please.

11. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Lately he got more n more euro step while driving to the hoop, ever since we start playing micro ball , more spacing in the lane n less big defenders clogged under the rim.
    floater would be better used to deal with big man under the rim.

12. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

He just need to shoot the mid range shot. I'm telling you... it was open his game right back up.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Notice how James in his 1st year with the Rockets seemed to be more athletic and in shape. He made quicker decisions and didn't let the defense prepare for him. He didn't shy away from making a pull up jumper if he saw the paint was clogged. Nowadays he lazily tries to bamboozle his defender with his dribbles before making a desperation stepback 3. 2 years ago he would be able to drive past his defender after the dribbling, but he doesn't have that explosive first step anymore. The stepback 3 would be a good option if he was in better shape, but he's not in that condition right now. Obviously defenses have also keyed in on James with the double teams and the packing of the paint since then, so thats a big factor as well. So James, please get in better shape, or at least add the jumper back into your game to make it less static.

gfab-babyboi and farhen like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Floater!!

[​IMG]

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty much. It would discourage defenders from camping in the lane and with the ease at which Harden blows by defenders, they won't be expecting Harden to pull up, and would probably foul him from behind.

Harden just needs to add some unpredictability to his game.

gfab-babyboi and carib like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Comparing Harden at age 22-23 to age 30? Come on. Obviously he was more spry 8 years ago; can't exactly get youthful legs back.

And Harden still beats his defender every time - he just needs to add more moves so that opponents can't gameplan every time for the step back 3.

Blurr#7 and Reeko like this.
  17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

WTF are you talking about? I can literally post gifs of Harden less than 5 games ago with his first step looking just as good as ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harden is the type of player that doesn't use the full extent of his physical capabilities on a game-to-game basis. As a Rockets fans, you should know this by now. Some games, he chooses not to go as hard and his movement just won't look quite the same. He's done this for years. Russ is the opposite, in that he goes hard and puts his physical abilities on full display every single game.

It's pretty clear to me that Harden has been coasting more than ever this regular season and he knows he can because of how well Russ is playing. I can guarantee that when the important games start coming, particularly in the playoffs, you will see the best form Harden has. He's just been holding it in the tank.

18. Entropy

Entropy Member

His dribbling and blowbys this season haven't been as good as they were last year or the year before it. Just because he's able to do it sometimes doesn't mean its as good as it once was. Maybe he is saving his energy for the playoffs as you say. We'll see.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Harden's style has always been more craft versus athleticism, which is why I find it concerning that he may have lost some significant spring in just 1 year. I hope thats not the case. I put up that video to show how his offense was more diverse back then, with a variety of ways to score rather than just relying on the step back 3. So I agree that he needs to diversify his offense to keep the defense guessing.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  20. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

The point is that he's had plenty of games this season where his explosiveness has been just like it always has. The capability is there and that's what matters.

People always complain about Harden going too hard in the regular season and having not having anything left for the playoffs. Now, he's finally having the opportunity to coast and it will pay dividends.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.