1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does James Harden need to re-brand himself?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hikanoo49, Mar 3, 2020.

?

Does James Harden need to re-brand himself?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

43 vote(s)
    71.7%
  3. Maybe so

5 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Those who mind, don’t matter.

2. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

Re-brand himself. For popularity? MVP votes? What is our goal here? Lol.

D-rock and heypartner like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden isn’t articulate? Harden spends money on hookers? How dare u come in here and just make up bullsh*t.

u Lin fans are so pathetic

you’re trash

What personality does Giannis have? I must have missed Giannis and Luka being so articulate...

D-rock, Tfor3, Blurr#7 and 2 others like this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I really don't know where the not articulate came from??

D-rock, Tfor3 and Blurr#7 like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

to Kowtow to the OP and his fellow LOFs

CCity Zero and D-rock like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

or that he spends money on hookers

this POS @hikanoo49 is trying to paint Harden as this dumb, lazy black guy that spends money on hookers and wastes all his time at the strip club

When was the last time we saw evidence of Harden at a strip club?

Tfor3, Blurr#7, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Because Giannis is so articulate amirite?

LOL

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I've seen evidence of him putting in work at the gym, you put most players in his position last year.. and they probably don't make the playoffs (or if they do, probably 1 round and out), his numbers aren't a fluke, he definitely puts the work in and balls out, you know you're influencing the game when they try to make rule changes to slow you down and.... They don't work. Dude, is smart

Tfor3, D-rock, Blurr#7 and 1 other person like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden speaks well in every interview, but he’ll still have someone open their mouth and say he’s not articulate like he’s out here speaking in ebonics at the post-game podium...

Spends thousands of dollars or any money at all on hookers? Never. B*tch, how dare u...

Harden is loyal as hell...gives back to the community...is very respectful...extremely dedicated and hard working...he’s true to himself, and he doesn’t let all the BS faze him

I will not let some trash Lin fan come in here and disrespect his name to further their garbage agenda

Rock Block, Tfor3, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gottlieb has always talked out of both sides if his mouth, especially regarding Harden and Rockets.

He has admitted how much he dislikes how Rockets play, especially Harden. And really, what first hand knowledge does he have of how superstars are viewed or how they respect one another? Gottlieb barely had a cup of coffee in the NBA, he certainly was not a superstar, even less than a scrub.

The guy is best known for being the son of famous and respected college basketball coach. He has been wrong every season about MDA, Rockets and Harden.

His backtrack on smallball has more to do with our proven success and pushing Russ over Harden narrative. Anyone but Harden.

Tfor3, DeBeards and CCity Zero like this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, well there is a language barrier and he... Seemed articulate enough to joke with Barkley and pick Kemba (but then doesn't know Harden can pass and is top 10).. And then come out and state some bullshit "family man" .. He's got to be the worst at picking teams I've ever seen.

Why isn't the media checking Giannis's head on his picks for the game? That was hilariously bad. Lebron managed to get - AD/Kawhi/Luka/Harden, don't even worry about the other team with that lineup. Like how in the ****ing world do you pick that bad?

It's like Giannis must not pay attention to the game... But he knows how to attempt a step back from studying Harden but then fail hilariously with an air ball.

D-rock likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is basically what I posted to start but had super long post..... Harden is loyal and doesn't ****ing walk away, the media loved to state he'd probably play elsewhere, but yet he continues to sign... Hmm..... I can't think of a lot of newer players doing that. Also, the community stuff he does is big. Wtf else does he need to do? As far as I'm concerned, he's a Rocket and represents Houston great, hell you know it's working when all the media can do is talk ****.

Lastly, I still really have no idea where the God Damn "articulate" comment comes from. He gives good interviews too I think.

D-rock and Reeko like this.
  13. riko

riko Member

Michael Jordan spent million if not tens of millions on gambling and associated with under world criminal figures for years which ultimately resulted in his fathers shooting. Should he rebranded himself. The OP a lin troll who has now been fully exposed is just stating his own personal vindictive thoughts on harden and thinks it’s a fact.

He has tried everything now. Starting a Russ v Harden thread and now this. What a sad entity you truly are.

D-rock and CCity Zero like this.
  14. SemisolidSnake

He didn't brand himself in the first place. Everything you just mentioned is how the media has fawningly branded all of those players. I see no mention of the assy, vindictive sides of Curry and Giannis even though those also there. I don't see any mention of Harden's high assist totals. What makes you think Harden has any decent amount of control over how he's portrayed? He doesn't, and thus it's impossible for him to "rebrand himself."

Here's a thought experiment. Last year, Curry tried a stepback three, butchered it, and got called for traveling. Immediately, like a child, he flashes the numbers 1 and 3 with his hands to indicate that Harden would've gotten away with it. It was so bizarre that he must have planned to do that. Almost no attention was paid to it. Now imagine if a Rocket got called for an illegal screen getting Harden open for a three, and Harden flashed a 3 and a 0 to the world to indicate that those don't get called on Curry threes. Do you think it would similarly ignored? And there's your answer.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, Currys butchered step back was so bad - I loved watching Kerr scream too, screw those guys.

Honestly, I sometimes wonder if he just said "**** it" and spoke mad trash - throw up the 3-0 etc etc, but he's too smooth for that, he's living rent free. I mean curry did that I believe against the Kings, Harden wasn't even in the arena. Pathetic

D-rock and SemisolidSnake like this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Jordan should have had a campaign when he was talking mad trash on the court - and also starting fights with his own teammates - wanting to win so bad in practice, straight up destroyed his legacy :rolleyes:

riko likes this.
  17. riko

riko Member

You know after seeing this clown and his sloppy trolling my respect for fchowder and his articulate trolling has gone up! Fchowder atleast trolls in a highly skilled manner and is quite educated and has made his style of trolling into a art form. This guy is just stupid!

He and Smoothie king and his billion other ids should learn from Fchowder

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  19. PatBev

PatBev Member

Yeah stop looking for fouls in the playoffs and bring back the step back king

Promise the kids will love you

20. YaoMingsSoulja

No, idgaf about the media or what the media thinks. I want the Rockets to win a title. That is all. I want them to win a title because I want my team that I've watched since I was a kid be the best team ever. I want them to win because bball is my favorite sport to watch and to play. I want to enjoy the championship celebrations with the other fans and brag to my friends who don't follow the Rockets but are fans of the game.

I like Harden very much. I like WB very much. They are both mvp's and leaders of this team. I like this team. Small ball seems dumb af but im goin with it because that's all we got.

SO CAN YOU ALL PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASEEEEE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE MEDIA? STOP MAKING THREADS ABOUT WHAT THE MEDIA SAYS ABOUT HARDEN. PLEASE. I'M GOING TO POKE MY EYES OUT!!!!

Tfor3 and D-rock like this.