1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

People still think media bias isn't real?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol...walked all the way to Greece

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know about media bias
    But I know you are a media groupie

and none of you have any real opinions

@Os Trigonum

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lakers vs. Bucks in the Finals. It is what the league wants. It will do what it takes.

Sajan likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Rusillo is a low quality person.

He is a drunk and has problems with females.

I also am pretty sure he still has Kobe’s **** in his ***.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Shots fired!!! Love it! LOL

burlesk likes this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Kawhi travels a lot in his triple threat position.

Lebron been taking 3 steps for dunks his whole career MJ included.

even our dream traveled on some of his dream shakes.

stars get away with this because they dominate like 99% of the rest of the league can’t.

who cares.

and russillo is wack.

D-rock likes this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

This league is sinking, neglecting refs kidnapping games
    Either gobert's goaltending or Greece freak's euro 4-step, just no call

D-rock likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

how can you blame tilman then?

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I honestly have no respect for THE BEST when they get extra "respect"
    It is tough enough to guard Jordan . . .but when he gets to push off, 3 steps, palm the ball and jump into you and get a foul at any moment
    what's the point of even trying . . .when they cheat like that

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  10. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

But even when we win a championship it makes them work that much harder against us. Granted the Astros cheated and have paid a heavy price, but the vitriol has only increased since it broke on November. And there Red Sox investigation is... I don't know. Where the **** is it. And all the credible accusations against the Yankees and Dodgers. Nothing. And what about the Dodgers completely embracing Mookie Betts? Didn't he just come from a team that's been cheating? Doesn't that make him a cheater? What about the Rocket championships with Dream? We only won because Jordan was kicked out of the league for gambling, I mean retired. The world has always hated H-town sports. Always. I'm grateful that both the Rockets and Astros are great enough to be considered villains.

#50 homewight, Feb 24, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

They're just trying to get web- and social media engagements. I don't think there is anything more to it. Rage about it all you want, but doing so will likely encourage more of it.

ParaSolid and BaselineFade like this.
  12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

"'LeBrons Dream Shake"

??? "might have" ??? o_O o_Oo_Oo_O

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28768505/lebron-james-dream-shake-lifts-lakers-celtics

"James might have referenced Houston Rockets legend Hakeem Olajuwon for his clutch shot, but the day was decidedly Lakers-Celtics. Former Lakers luminaries Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper, Robert Horry and A.C. Green were in the building, while Celtics cult heroes Kevin Garnett, Cedric Maxwell, Brian Scalabrine and the greatest winner in NBA history, Bill Russell, cheered on Boston."

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The league wonders why ratings are down when half of their efforts goes towards denigrating their own product and clowning certain stars, and then saying nothing in the regular season matters.

Dumb league

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

here is the problem though, take someone like myself who doesn't watch cable sports at all, i have no social media either, etc... and yet... i have a big problem with the undeniable bias. why?, because it hurts my team. Harden, Morey, MDA, Owner, etc... all have a negative bias when it comes to MAINSTREAM media, the folks with a platform. That creates the narratives that can hurt the Rockets in many many ways. From FAs, Refs, league office, etc... those sources can have a direct impact. Uncontrolled lies presented as news should never be tolerated because once you stop getting the calls, or FAs pass your org up, etc... it's too late to complain.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with the sentiment! It's bizarre how many current NBA analysts are invited on TV just to say how much they dislike it. And many teams' color commentators do this as well, though the national ones are the biggest offenders.

I saw on twitter a while ago someone wrote that he prefers NBA to NCAAB, but when watching NCAAB, how it sure is nice to watch a basketball game without the announcers and halftime people telling you how bad it is and how everyone playing and coaching are stupid.

Where I dissent from your post is that the crap comes from ESPN et al, and not from the NBA itself. I think the NBA would be ecstatic to have less talk of missed travels or flopping or how boring games are.

16. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Not even CLOSE to being a travel, ffs

17. TimDuncanDonaut

There are small things I see Rockets org do to mitigate. Doesn't cure but helps a little. If once in a while, you give the media few interviews, giving your side it soften their stance a bit.

Last year during MVP race, Daryl went on some shows to help campaign. After playoffs, Austin went on ESPN gave a really good interview. Had someone actually in the locker room spoke up, instead of speculation. Recently, after Giannis' publically taking shots at James, James finally clapped by.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Houston does have an aggrieved fan base that plays the victim card all too often.

Is there media bias against Houston? Yes. There is. So what. Who cares?

At the end of the day, winning is what shuts people up. Winning championships. Until then, nothing matters. MVP's are feel good consolation prizes. Needing positive media validation is narcissistic. What difference does it actually make in your life?

None.

Feel good about what YOU see in the Rockets, not what others.

burlesk likes this.
  19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me against the world is what Tupac said

when the rockets win and rockets fans can’t be happy
    Is when they are the softest fans in the world

The 99ers aren’t in that group
    @Rocket River

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I do. I think my posting history supports that.

But I also relish punishing the liars and haters.

Maybe a little too much.

LOL

cmoak1982 likes this.