1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 2/29/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

He can. He just needs to realise he has the help and adapt. He's still alpha and on his night he can do as he pleases but now he has other closers he just needs to trust the guys like Russ who got us in the winning position.

2. Drogba

Drogba Member

These guys also fail to mention we've completely tweaked our system to maximize Russ' strengths.

Harden is the one that's had to adjust the most which is why his numbers & efficiency have tanked since Russ started cooking. And he's doing it while receiving the most defensive attention in the League.

When Russ blew that Clippers game in LA, these were the same clowns that were crying about trading CP3 and bashing Russ, now they're his biggest fans lmao.

HP3, King1, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mr. Space City

harden is going to have a big game against the clippers in a W and all will be forgotten.

until giannis embrasses him on the 25th

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah everyteam who wants to win a chip needs 2 superstars

D-rock and PeterKingX like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He should get fired for that. OK, retired for that.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His clutch play was running into a dude to get a foul call. We can't rely on that in closing portions of a playoff game. Refs usually don't call that in the closing seconds.

Harden is moving slowly out there. Maybe it's so jarring because of seeing Russ side by side.

7. vlaurelio

yeah not sure why ego not bmac was first off the bench

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Russ is the fire to James’ ice. They perfectly complement each other personality wise and it shows on and off the court.

clos4life, D-rock, smp and 1 other person like this.
  9. vlaurelio

LOL that wasnt a charge he was bumped LOF

D-rock likes this.
  10. Junebball

Junebball Member

Everyone talks about WB, rightly so, but PJ & Covington were huge tonight.

Remlap, Rocket River, jcmoon and 5 others like this.
  11. JackLordsHair66

I was never a straight up HATER But I didn’t like the way he played pen fit in in Nov and part of Dec, but he is straight up a certified bad ass amen has been the Rockets best player the last two months and it’s not even close ! He is awesomeness !!!

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm going to be honest, I didn't think we'd win tonight. Simply because the Celtics have been on a great run the last 20 games or so. They're also a tough team to play away. And they also kinda play small ball themselves.

Now that we've beaten them, I honestly think we shouldn't fear any team in the league. We clearly are a much better team with the small ball. If Harden and Westbrook can play anywhere close to their best, we ain't losing.

The scary thing about it, our team hasn't even properly gelled yet. Give them another 4 or 5 weeks playing together, under this system and I think we'll be unstoppable.

RayRay10, DVauthrin and Hakeemtheking like this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol u just killed ur point when said not boxing out on the free throw, low key that tells me u dont know what u watching. u can clearly see tatum cause the whole rockets team off guard by how fast he shot it. if u lost a bunch of players was calling out defensive tactics when he shot it. meaning they thought he was gonna take longer. he basically pulled a fake spite

Rocket River likes this.
  14. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Harden turns over a lot under double team or pressure defense. It is part on him and part on coaching.

15. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Reminds me of when CP3 won a game for Harden and the Roxs, turned around and was like "I got you, I got you. "

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's just not a play I'm going to rely on in a closing situation of a game. Harden was obviously trying to draw the contact first and think of scoring the bucket second there. Refs blew the whistle. Good. But i would rather trust a elite high flying finisher trying to finish at the rim than trying to hope the refs blow the whistle.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was getting used to our team and coming in after rehab. He was bound to struggle early in the season. I'm with you though about the win. I'm so happy. Who cares if Harden had a bad night if we won.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Drogba

Drogba Member

Harden wetting the bed tonight is actually a blessing in disguise. Wasn't too long ago we couldn't win a game unless he went off.

Shows we've evolved past the Harden show and our defense is legit now.

Richie_Rich and Hakeemtheking like this.
  19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Westbrook has been sensational. No question we did the right thing trading for him. I think he is going to be closing our games for us when we couldn’t in the past. That’s not to disrespect Harden, Westbeast is just so athletically gifted and has such killer instinct. You can’t teach what he has and with the floor spacing we have going small he is that missing piece Harden has needed. This team is great.

Remlap, jcmoon, RayRay10 and 4 others like this.
  20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Games like tonight is the exact reason why they WILL win games like tonight. Not sure what game you watched.

Down 17, couldn’t buy a bucket in the 1st half, Harden 7-24. They come from behind, one of the best teams in the NBA, and one of the better home teams in the NBA. And they WIN.

Get outta here with that mess.