1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Knicks @ Rockets 2/24/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yes how moronic of me to not call people mushrooms. Yup ur a smart boy!

3. TimDuncanDonaut

Based on the photo, doesn't look like Harden stuck his foot out; it's near his body. Looks like Dennis just tripped on James' foot from playing too close. He was tight on Harden most of the game. I give him A for effort.

slothy420, D-rock and pr0wler like this.
  4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Definitely a forearm shiver there, quick jolt action, keep arm locked in place though. Offensive foul.

5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

RoCo low key rich man's Trevor Ariza.

hakeem94, D-rock, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  6. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Pretty sure James was being hand checked the entire time he had the ball.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If u are gonna btch about our HC, who do u think we should go for?

If u can't even give us a name, then u are literally btching just for the sake of btching at this point.

Why should we think of a name? when u are the one btching for one?

D-rock, Remlap, clutchdabear and 2 others like this.
  8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Lol at the idea that any of these "better" coaches would want anything to do with this kind of unorthodox roster and system.

hakeem94, D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  9. Fantasma Negro

Really love the aggression he plays with

hakeem94, joshuaao, pr0wler and 3 others like this.
  10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It definitely adds another layer to our bench that we were lacking. With BMac finally locked in, Austin surging and Jeff Green, we have a nice bench. Hopefully EG gets his **** together and joins the party and Carroll should be getting more minutes while Thabo starts getting benched again. As much as I like Thabo defensively, offensively he is a negative out there. It takes him eternities to get that shot off.

pr0wler, ak99999, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

hilarious there's still people that believe the rockets don't run anything on the court @Remlap

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Main takeaway from last night's game: the knicks are a really bad team.

pr0wler likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

Blah, blah, blah. . . .
    i asked a simple question and found no response. Only a bunch of ranting.
    So I'll ask again.

Your MVP Superstar apparently loafed on one play and demanded the ball
    on a fast break (the same guy who put up 37 points after flying round trip all day)
    You are apparently upset that this happened and feel that it should NEVER happen
    and he is a victim of poor coaching. (You are insinuating a 'real' coach would straighten him out)

So, how do you see yourself or your 'real coach' straightening out and addressing this situation?
    You want to complain about the coach, then let's hear some solutions, not just ranting.
    I'm truly curious how a coach would go about 'teaching' his MVP how to play basketball.
    You obviously have no answers, only angst. So I'll toss out a few options to help you out here
    and maybe you can pick one?

1) You bench him immediately and tell him plainly that his actions were unacceptable
    2) You ask him 'what in the world were you thinking out there'?
    3) You say "do you even know how to play basketball?'
    4) You say 'do you even know what a fast break IS?"
    5) Tell him "we have a team out there. The world doesn't revolve around YOU"

Or please add your own. We're listening.
    We'd rather hear solutions than mindless ranting. There's plenty of that (thanks to you and others)

#594 Remlap, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    hakeem94, D-rock, hieuytran and 2 others like this.
  15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

DMC just wants to have a chance to show that he can contribute. Since we are positionless anyway, just shelf Gordon until 2 weeks before the playoffs, let him heal completely and give DMC plenty of run.

Gordon is human too, so his competitive juices are telling him to play so he won't be forgotten with so many new faces now, but just rest, man.

IvanLCPM, hakeem94, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  16. Remlap

Remlap Member

NEWS FLASH: WITH ANY OTHER COACH, WE NEVER WOULD HAVE TRADED AWAY OUR CENTER IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Don't try and pretend that 'any other coach' would just adapt and make it work.
    That very move was ONLY done because of Coach D'Antoni.
    NO other coaches (with maybe the exception of Kerr who stole his playbook from MDA while in PHX)
    would know how to make this run 'effectively'
    This wasn't some 'accident' that we're having to work around. That WAS the plan

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I’m sorry man.

If you are watching us play and are unable to see and understand the actions, sets and plays we implement than that’s on you.

The idea that MDA just rolls the ball out there and says “alright James win me some games” is absolute ignorance of what’s happening on the court.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

You do realize you are disparaging and wanting fired the coach that masterminded the 7 Seconds or Less Suns which is precursor of modern NBA basketball and the WINNINGEST coach in Houston Rockets history, right?

This is a storied franchise with 2 championships and 3 MVP players (Malone, Olajuwon, Harden) and a multitude of HOF players.

Not to mention all the great coaches (Fitch, Tomjanovich, Van Gundy, Adelman) yet it is D'Antoni that stands head and shoulders above them all in wins. No coach has unlocked its stars like MDA, Harden has been an MVP candidate every season under D'Antoni and no coach in Westbrook's HOF career has devised a system that has him playing at his most efficient ever.

Both Harden and Westbrook are close to averaging 30 PPG, which has only been done ONCE in history of NBA. Both are legit MVP candidates this season. And Rockets are 2 games out of 2nd seed in West. What is there not to like? You simply hate out of sheer ignorance and follow fake media narratives like sheep.

Know your history before spouting nonsense.

pr0wler and hakeem94 like this.
  19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Knocks got destroyed.

pr0wler and hakeem94 like this.
  20. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

LOL Daryl is that you?

I love when morons ask dumb **** like "who should be our coach then?"

b**** im not interning here. I have to do my job and your job too?