1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarre Carroll or MC Ben? Green or Thabo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyTBag, Feb 23, 2020.

1. PatBev

PatBev Member

Did he sign here expecting to get play time?

2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Ben Mac has earned his minutes.
    Dude is shooting lights out from 3

I would say from our bench it’s gotta be

Gordon
    Rivers
    Ben M
    Green/ Thabo

those are the first off the bench. getting DMC up to speed would be ideal to replace green/ Thabo .

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

You need to earn your minutes in practice. He just got here.

clutchdabear and D-rock like this.
  4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Um no he was probably promised playing time before coming here. That would explain why we were already “frontrunners” before he was even bought out

D-rock likes this.
  5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Do give a S**t about bruno and thabo...

Need to see how we can play DC...but.... Ben MaC deserves all the mins he is getting....I do not see him missing out on his spot at all.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I pray this is about nothing cause I think we need another 3-D player with emphasis on the D part that DMC provides. I don't fully trust House to be our starting forward.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Green arrived at the same time and has played 24 more minutes than Carroll. You can say he needs to earn his minutes, but Carroll played against the Warriors and saw no time against the Jazz...whereas Green saw 13 minutes.

It's just a bit strange that Carroll wasn't played against the Jazz.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think green got 2 days practice in before the warriors game, while carroll signed right before that game. could also be pringles preferred other players in the matchup w/ the j*zz. if carroll doesn't get non-blowout playing time the next couple games then i think we can consider it strange

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I agree with pippendagimp’s reasoning above. Also, Jeff Green is probably already at some comfort level with Russ and James versus Carroll.

Yesterday was a big time game with playoff implications. I don’t blame MDA for not yet trusting the new guy when he had a full roster. Carroll should understand that too. He’ll have his opportunities. Of course I sympathize with him, but it’s not a case of the Rockets being a bunch of liars, IMO.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Looks like someone in the Rockets organization stole his Louis Vuitton duffel bag.

D-rock likes this.
  11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'm sure Houston promised him playing time. It would be a bad look to go back on that. Let's see what happens in the next few games. Post could be about anything.

fckbandwagons, forchette49 and D-rock like this.
  12. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I want to kindly welcome Markieff Morris, but won't...

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Carroll sucks. He couldn't even back up lamarcus Aldridge in San Antonio and popovich likes non-super stars that work.

Aldridge does most of the dirty work of rebounding so Carroll jumper most really be broke.

BigBum likes this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

If 8 man rotation, then green and house are not playable against Lakers and clippers.

House and green can’t guard lebron, George, Harrell, Dwight.

15. rocketsmetalspd

Finally have a deep bench! Stop me if you heard this before, MDA will find away not to play a deep bench. I wish he would and save Harden and Westbrook some much needed rest and be fresh for the playoffs.

Little Bit likes this.
  16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Problem with that theory is harden is a volume shooter which means he has to play the odds of knocking his shot down through from bad nights all the way through to the good nites.

Harden has to play the percentage.

Nothing in nba is easy. Trae young has scored 40 points at least 10 times this season.
    Any nba player capable of scoring at least 30 any given night.

17. farhen

farhen Member

10 man rotation is boiling now

D-rock likes this.
  18. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Ben is too good of a shooter to not play. Green gives us a bit of size as a small ball center, so I don't mind him getting some time. I think 9 rotation is the max so I have no problem with DMC and Thabo being depth guys coming in if anyone is injured, on back to backs, or if there is a special lineup situation that warrants their services.

D-rock and YaoMing#1 like this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

mike loves Ben because he’s prob well not prob he is our purest 3pt shooter.

I mean he was 4/4 tonight.

I like Ben glad he’ll be on the team next year for the cheap great signing by Morey.

I think Carroll will be play unless I’m missing something because he’s still imo a very good defender.

and I think his shooting will come back to ATL days because of the wide open looks James and Russ give these guys.

And I called it with my brother I told him green would play well here as a draymond green set the screen get the ball and dribble to the basket.

rockets have the ultimate small ball squad.

only way to make it better would be if we had draymond green. I don’t like the guy but he would be perfect for our team. But he can rot in SF cause Klay and curry are about to get exposed everyone has caught up to them and KD is gone so he can’t save them.

don grahamleone likes this.
  20. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

All I care about is the last 5 minutes of the game and these 5 will be on the floor (James, Russ, PJ, Covinigton, and EG) . Now MDA and his coaches need to earn their money on how we get there (did a great job in Utah).
    * If we can hide Ben, it makes sense to play a lights out shooter, yes his defense is suspect but that shooting can overcome a lot of bad defense.
    * I would like to see DMC get some of Houses burn to determine if he can add anything. This isn't automatic and practice should determine. House has hit some shots lately.
    * I like Jeff Green giving PJ or Covington rest.
    * Thabo is very good on defense but his offense is non existent and allows the defense to sag into the lane
    * Austin with spot minutes replacing Russ or James, however, we don't have to stick with him if he's not shooting well or guarding someone