1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Did Alex Bregman sleep with Jeff Passan's mom?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They're still in the process of finishing the investigation. I think they said they expect the results in the coming weeks.

2. HookemHorns1250

Media - Astros need to come out and apologize....they need to be authentic.

*After Correa comes out and does just that*

Media - lol, u lie

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

**in case anyone is wondering, I could have made this thread to say "Did Alex Bregman sleep with Jeff Passan's wife?" but I'm going to assume Passan likes the dick**

4. PhiSlammaJamma

What if Passan likes Click. Is that Dick or Clit? Or something in between.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  5. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

He’s a liberal pansy working for a company who is coming around to the fact that they’re part of the cancel culture...voila

RKREBORN and texans1095 like this.
  6. AstrosRockets1818

Can’t wait to see him in Houston after a game. We’ll see who is smirking then.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@RKREBORN

I’m starting to hope that Bregman slept with Passan’s mom, sisters, wife and boyfriend.

Cannot stand the constant hate by Passan, and the media in general constantly spewed while ignoring important details

#27 mikol13, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  8. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

How dare you besmirch NAMBLA!

9. homewight

I promise you that won't happen. Manfred has already moved on. I bet we never hear about the Cora and Red Sox. Or how the whole scheme started with Beltran's stint with the Yankees.

10. homewight

He's a liberal? Don't be a schmuck.

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Which is a load of BS everyone knows they cheated .

12. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

This. The team could perform ritualistic seppeku and it would still not be enough for the media, fans and other players. It honestly doesn’t matter what they do. Just go out and win with a “me against the world” attitude.

13. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

The media has no interest in being fair to the Astros, regardless of how many other teams cheated. It's easier to attack us. If the Astros really wanted to get people to stop trashing us, they would accuse Trevor Bauer and Cody Bellinger of being cheaters themselves. This technique has a history of winning elections, though on the downside it would destroy MLB.

14. AstrosRockets1818

He won’t go away

conquistador#11 and J.R. like this.
  15. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Brah do you know what I meant by liberal? I didn’t mean it unilaterally across the board in meaning

16. Adiano-Malko

Adiano-Malko Member

Didn’t mean for you to be “triggered” lol but there seems to be an automatic defense mechanism when I mentioned Jeff passans liberal pansieness...guess it takes one to know one

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

To take a true geographic bias against our city with worn out tropes about who we are as Houstonians and Texans--perpetrated by these carpetbagger coastal journalists who's primary ulterior motive is to trash our city and its people as much as possible--and equate it to differences in political views which are just as incorrect--Houston is a blue city and is seeping its blueness into nearby suburbs, see Fort Bend County--is as reductionist and incorrect as what they are doing.

The point by native Houstonians such as myself, moving to other cities (now in Seattle) and repping Houston all the way, be it in the food scene or in sports, is that people should check their biases and give us some ****ing credit, like Phil Jackson said. I've always viewed sports as this kind of hegemonic battle between cities of impressing their cultural significance upon their peers, sorta like how the wealth elite in each city prop up their symphonies and orchestras through annual donations in order to maintain the higher salaries of their musicians and their conductors, all driven by national or international repute as dictated by an amorphous media. In reality, the media is just as integral a component to this battle, as they set the terms and definitions of the debate upon which the measure of cities is weighed.

Right now is a perfect opportunity for that media, based out of New York, LA, Boston, Dallas, etc, to kick us while we are down. The sad part is that no Houston journalist has taken up the mantle in our favor. Some of this is because of the Osuna trade, Footer's ire the entire time, and the subsequent Taubman blowup. It sucks, but it also creates a real void for a true Houstonian to step up and fight for us. As a city of immigrants and the most diverse city in America, with some fantastic history to boot, we deserve it.

18. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Why is anyone surprised by Jeff Passan's crusade about the morality of sign stealing? Don't you remember how passionate he was in 2017, when the Red Sox/Yankees were the culprits?

https://sports.yahoo.com/shocking-history-sign-stealing-baseball-053859138.html

Oh wait, nvm, he actually wrote an article completely shrugging off sign stealing, and acknowledged that cheating is woven into the sport. And this was his only article on the matter.

My favorite part of the article, when discussing the use of technology:
    " And yet it’s easy to get carried away, to believe the addition of technology to standard action somehow makes it more severe."

#38 crose, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  19. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I can't wait for this. I expect some backlash, mostly from LA, but I'm ready for at least some of the spotlight to be moved. Although, if it's ESPN reporting, they'll just do a 1 minute story and still focus on the Astros. I did like Harold Reynolds breakdown of Altuve vs. Chapman, basically saying it was pure baseball and no buzzers...it's getting out of control

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why can't anyone in the actual Houston media bring him on and call him out for this hypocrisy?? If he'll only do ESPN interviews, have 97.5 put him on and force him to defend himself. The dude's a hypocritical piece of **** looking to make this his Bob Woodward moment. **** you Jeff, you spineless shitstain.