1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump doj goes easy on roger stone...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 11, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

More like a YouTube video for it.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Mueller hasn’t even read that bs.

cml750 likes this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

So the well detailed counts of obstruction that you've never read are just bs? Mkay.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

It’s called talking down to someones level.

Os Trigonum and cml750 like this.
  5. CometsWin

I forgot you're on Idiocracy time.

AleksandarN likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You're right. Trump just took advantage of the system.

FranchiseBlade and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've gone plenty back and forth with them and I don't think they're cowards, keep in mind these are people who do martial arts and veterans. One of them is a volunteer firefighter. I judge them more by how they treat me than their political beliefs and they've always treated me well, other than political debates. What I do think they are is they've been fed a line of fear mongering and misstatements that they are locked into their own bubble. They are seeing the world change around them and frankly they don't know how to deal with it. The GOP has offered them scapegoats and validation. Trump has stepped in as the master con man he is and exploited the situation for his own gain.

This country is very divided and we're not going to get beyond that divide just going around calling those who dont' agree with politically bad people.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Not quite. Klobuchar doesn't use religion as much as Kasich. I think Pete Buttigieg is more Kasich like.

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm clinging to anything. I'm talking about actual evidence. The facts of what Trump did. Nothing even being investigated by the Durham report changes that at all. The Durham report could find everything it investigated was done 100% wrong by the FBI in DOJ at the time. It still doesn't change the facts of what Trump did and the evidence against obstructing justice.

Like I said, if you would like to point to a possible way that Trump did not obstruct justice according to the law, then mention it.

AleksandarN and dobro1229 like this.
  11. CometsWin

That would be a perfect emoji for all your conversations.

jiggyfly likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Sounds an awfully like the “whistleblower” narrative. It doesn’t matter how it came out just that it came out.
    So then you’re all for illegal search and seizure, ends justify the means? Ok that’s good to know as we Americans will start losing our rights. Didn’t Comey, Brennan, Clapper, McCabe etc.. lie? Justice for all is all I ask.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

still disagree.... strongly.

still strongly disagree the implied notion that these people are somehow “victims”. That they’re just subject to a con man and fear mongering political party and media network.

I’m going to assume your pals aren’t in their 80s? This isn’t your 85 year old grandma falling victim to some kind of retirement savings scam. And importantly this isn’t 2015/2016 .... we’ve seen Trump in action.

I’ve been scammed before. Not hugely but you know the house worker that asks for a little upfront with some sob story and then disappears forever. ONCE. then you learn.

I’m going to assume your veteran friends wouldn’t be cool - certainly wouldn’t be your friend anymore - if you constantly went around saying things about their wives p*****s or making fun of them in some way??

oh and also I think we’re way too concerned about being divided.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly the whole theory Mick and others are trying to sell here is that Two Wrongs make a Right. Assuming there are even two "wrongs".

We don't even have any evidence yet from this Durham investigation that the FBI did anything wrong or illegal other than the Carter Page FISA warrant issue which even the IG reported wasn't necessarily politically motivated, and again Carter Page's situation with the FBI as an informant, kind of informant, Russian mob connected whatever he was... is just a weird situation that goes back before Trump was even running for President.

If the Mueller investigation produced nothing more than the evidence that Trump had his personal lawyer negotiating directly with the Kremlin with a letter of intent to move forward with Trump Tower Moscow... to me... I dunno as a patriotic American... I think that is freaking damning even if not illegal.

Just imagine if we find out that lets say Bernie is actually a tech developer on the side and has developed a new App for ordering catering food to go for large events. And we find out that Bernie has right now a letter of intent to sell his App to the Iranian Government, and then in a few months the Iranian National Guard hacks Trumps campaign and releases his tax returns days before the election. Then Bernie works his butt off after winning the presidency to remove sanctions from Iran & showers praise at the Ayatollah.

Now it wouldn't be illegal for Bernie to be a tech developer on the side, but that is a business relationship with a foreign adversary who attacked our election, and potentially compromised Bernie's presidency in the process.

That is the Mueller Report... and only ONE PART of the Mueller Report. That is damning. Anyone coming back and trying to brush off the Mueller Report after the fact is being very un-patriotic and kind of a hack. That was not good news at all for Trump, and people should never forget what was actually in the report and not let people like Mick try and re-write history, or setup some false equivalency. Even if the FBI completely broke the law in the process, and Mueller needs to go to jail because of the laws he broke as a special prosecutor, it still doesn't just wash away all the wrongdoing and criminality uncovered by Trumps camp.

#154 dobro1229, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and havoc1 like this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I'm not in favor of illegal search and seizure. I believe there should be consequences for that.

Your point was that Dems should wait until there was a crime committed. I pointed out that there has been. Whether or not the procedure was properly followed doesn't change the fact that crimes were committed by Trump. It might change whether or not he can be charged. But he's committed the crimes.

As far as Americans losing their rights, Trump has already tried to push that too by restricting freedom of the press merely because he doesn't like what certain reporters report about him.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Interesting we've gotten to this point with Pete. He really seized the "moderate" lane he was aiming to snag when Biden started flailing.

Just a few months ago Mayor Pete was WAAAAYYYY more liberal in his policy ideas than Amy Khlo was. This is the guy who proposed adding seats to the Supreme Court which would make most Republicans lose their damn minds.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I get this, my Mother, Father and GF are all Trumpers and I dont get it, there educated, well mannered people and for the life of me I cant figure out how they fell for this. My parents are in there 70`s live in the Midwest and when they told me they were voting for Trump I almost lost my $hit.....they think he has changed the economy and look past his BS, my poor mom always says, hes just misunderstood LOL........I cant even talk to them about it because I dont know how they can condone this man. My parents are good people, but we DO NOT talk politics. There mind`s are made up and NOTHING will change them

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The DOJ uses an algorithm for their recommended sentences to ensure consistency and fairness across all their prosecutions. That system produced 7-9 years. I see no reason that's unfair. I read (and posted here and summarized) their rationale for deviating from what anyone else would have gotten and it sucks. Had it not been Roger Stone, prosecutors would not have been able to deviate from the algorithm without a green light from their bosses, they wouldn't have asked for one anyway, and the senior bosses definitely would not have concerned themselves unbeckoned in that perp's plight. So a fair recommendation is 7-9 years. Of course, it's on the judge to decide what an appropriate sentence actually is. If she wants to consider his age or other arguments from the defense as mitigants, great.

Burn it all down, amirite?

It's funny how all the traditional complaints black defendants have made about our justice system -- a malicious prosecutor, an overbearing warrant enforcement, oppressive bail conditions, biased juries, and excessive punishments -- now get trotted out by people who have long been numb to such arguments.

But I don't see much wrong with that jury. There's an accusation against one juror, but all 12 voted to convict.

Obviously you don't want a misbehaving law enforcement. And I'm fine with them throwing out even murder convictions if the evidence was illegally obtained. But elections and impeachments are not criminal trials. You can't and shouldn't forget the things you've learned about the president because of the legalisms of how that information came to be. We didn't just disregard the hacked DNC emails because they were disseminated illegally. Neither should we forget about the abuses of his office Trump has committed. We can investigate and punish illegal investigations and still use the fruit of those illegal investigations to inform an impeachment vote or an election vote.

RayRay10, NewRoxFan and Andre0087 like this.
  19. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Man, there are many more minorities that are conservative, Republican, or like Donald Trump than I thought. Strange that Republicans in Florida are fighting against allowing felons to vote when they'd all vote Republican.

All those folks crossing over illegally must be conservative, Republican or like Trump as well...why is Trump trying to keep them out when all he has to do is legalize them and get them to vote instead?

****ing Hannity :rolleyes:

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The argument of "I wish he'd stop tweeting, too, but that's just who he is" is one of the dumber arguments the right is making. There are so many...but this one has to be in the top 3. Especially coming from the part that threw literal hissy fits over President Obama wearing a tan suit.

FranchiseBlade likes this.