1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

trump doj goes easy on roger stone...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 11, 2020.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

How do you feel about a biased jury?

cml750 likes this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Pretty upset at those impartial jurors in that impeachment trial.

FranchiseBlade and mick fry like this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which case had a biased jury? Stone's? On what are you basing that? Did the lawyers from both sides not agree on the jury?

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Word to the Dems. Stop provoking Trump and declaring a constitutional crisis at every turn, all it does is strengthen his support. Maybe it’s just me but it may benefit you to lie low and pounce when there is an actual crisis or crime but I do know time is running out.

cml750 likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There have been actual crimes. Numerous actual crimes. The evidence has been presented but the policy of justice department prevented action being taken.

The requirement for obstruction of justice has been laid out. https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/obstruction_of_justice

You can read the criteria. Feel free to tell me how you believe he is not guilty of that. The evidence in the Mueller report showed clearly that he was guilty.

6. mick fry

mick fry Member

Look up Tomeka Hart and tell me at the very least Stone doesn't deserve a new trial. Time and time again the cards seem to be stacked.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

You still clinging to the Mueller investigation? I would say to wait for the Durham report to revisit that fiasco.

cml750 likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Judge Jackson "looked up Tomeka Hart" already... and ruled as follows (citing your preferred news source even):

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/roger-stone-juror-justice-department-anti-trump-social-media

btw, it was an unanimous decision on all seven counts. Unless you are imagining the entire jury was "biased."

RayRay10, JuanValdez and foh like this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting you bring up durham and his report... appears trump is getting anxious to get something... anything he can to help his campaign.

AleksandarN and foh like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What do you mean? What has he exposed (besides himself) that hasn't already been exposed?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

He knows.

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

You don’t believe that. If that’s the case then he would be falling and not surging in the polls despite the movement. People are hip to what’s going on. Btw bobrek criticize the left every now and then just to make it seem you aren’t what you say you aren't. Also I agree that Trump brings a lot of this on himself and he should tame down the rhetoric but it’s what he does.
    [​IMG]

#132 mick fry, Feb 13, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    cml750 and seemoreroyals like this.
  13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I find this perspective ... well... sad and too forgiving.

your friends aren’t some victims of a con. not a masterful one that’s for sure. They’re playing along with it. They’re complicit in it.

they know what he’s done - every p***y grab comment, bullying if disabled people or fallen soldiers families, racist comment, unethical quid pro quo, short sided decision, cronnyistic act, etc, etc, etc.

And if they’re supporting him after all that they’re idiots... or accepting of it all which makes them bad people. They’re supporting a plain and simple bully.

The reason it works isn’t because it’s a super amazing con... it’s because there’s too many folks like your friends who are too cowardly to call wrong wrong.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You chose not to answer my question. What has he exposed that hasn't been exposed? Another thing I don't understand is what swamp has he drained? The same old stuff is going on. Lobbyists continue to have their way.

The left has plenty of problems. Mainly, they don't have a charismatic, qualified, sure fire candidate that can beat the current version of Trump. They spend too much time not focusing on the issues that Trump's policies have caused or will cause. They should just take a list of his campaign promises and platform and go line by line and critique them. They need to get those voters who won't vote to go vote and convince them there is a chance (which I don't believe currently exists). As of today, they only way that Trump loses is if his base thinks he will win in a walk and doesn't get out and vote.

As has been proven time and time again, his base flat out doesn't care that he is a horrible human being who constantly lies. There is no Democratic candidate that can rally the undecided voters substantially enough to effect a change.

And, as I did in 2016, I will write in a Republican other than Trump when I vote. My conscience will not allow me to vote for the despicable human that Trump is.

FranchiseBlade and AleksandarN like this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Too bad the democrats don’t have a Kasich type in their ranks.

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

This is what Fox New’s Sean Hanity says about the Roger Stones case

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sean-hannity-roger-stone-case-thrown-out

This what people in the right hear. This is the problem. Manufacturing consent indeed

RayRay10 and JuanValdez like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's not Trump specifically. It's the right wing media infrustrcture that started with talk radio a few decades back.

Trump would still be a zany playboy reality TV shithead if it wasn't for that infrustrcture.

#137 fchowd0311, Feb 14, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    seemoreroyals likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You read the Mueller investigation yet? I'll settle for you reading Mueller Investigation for Dummies.

Why do Trumpanzees use so many cartoons? It's really weird.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I was just having this conversation today and we thought Klobuchar was the Democratic Kasich basically.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Better hope there's Cliff's Notes for it.