1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One of the best things about Westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Feb 12, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ive never liked the guy and some of his stuff with utah fans and being a general d******d.

I get his swagger now a bit more and where hes coming from from point of view that he really believes no one can stop him getting to the rim. I think thats a pretty cocky thing to think and it comes off bad. Like its still just basket ball.

I do think he has gotten too big for his britches and hes been humbled a few times on the court... he's realized a bit too..i guess thats called maturity.

I still overall dont like him the person too much either, and if we had dinner together i can promise you we wouldnt have much to talk about but who cares?

This is basketball and I ask you because I cant think of anyone ive ever seen that can get to the basket like that.

Who? Not with that speed. Ive never seen it like that. Dude is something else.

2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Good point

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Westbrook can score 30 without inflated free throws, three pointers or iso ball hogging!

Nobody can really do that except Blake griffin, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Michael Jordan, and Derrick rose (prime time).

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can he shoot at all?

eliefor3 and DeBeards like this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Uhhh so you side with those ******* Utah fans over Westbrook?

cheatpnz and RudyTBag like this.
  6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's an elite athlete, no question about that.

7. RyanB

RyanB Member

It's definitely going to help Harden who seems to have some breakdown late in the playoffs

8. macan

macan Member

Russ never give up

9. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

He is a DAWG. The heart and soul of the team.

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Brook in the West! Brook in the West!

[​IMG]

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who left the barn door open again?

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha i side with the idea that i dont like his nature outside of basketball including his past towards fans. I am not a big fan of him the person. Him the person is growing on me real fast in that psychology is an interesting thing and now I like the guy slighty more now as a person because he plays for the rockets.its weird. So thats on me. I can imagine people in okc must have hated beverly or how some folks in dodgers land hate the stros.

I still dont like westbrook the guy all the way including fan interactions.

So its a weird spot to be in since I am loving his skills and abilities for rockets and now starting to really like the guy for rockets and that heart he provides.

im like a big fan of this wide open lane of a freeway dantony made. Its like going to that 1/4 mile strip in baytown to watch them speed it up

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Cant tell if this was a joke post....MJ didn’t shoot inflated number of free throws?

But, Just so we are clear....

Westbrook is 2nd in the league behind Harden in isolation plays.

He’s 6th in field goal attempts and 15th in free throw attempts on the year.

During this calendar year he is shooting it 26 times(most in the NBA) with 7+ free throws per game. It would be sad if he wasn’t scoring 30 per game with that volume of shooting.

Let’s not act like Westbrook is making magic happen on limited opportunities. Let’s just be happy he’s scoring more efficiently than he ever has in his career.

14. lionaire

lionaire Member

Huh?? You mean when that racist j*zz fan was harassing him?

f*ck off clown

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hated WB before only because he was an opp and he won mvp over James. And okc fans can be pretty annoying but most fan bases are even this one.

But I was on board with the trade from day 1 and I love it even more now that they’ve gone small.

Rockets haven’t had a player that has this intensity since Trez and Bev were traded and neither has as much ability as wb. They needed this to help off set some of James’ traits. And James is a good balance for Russ to be able to calm things down. But Russ is going to do a great job of helping with the home crowd atmosphere in the playoffs.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol calm down.. in the words of eddie murphy f#uck you too!

Getting into it (besides reggie miller and spike lee)with any fan is not a good look

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Dude he threatened a fans wife. I know that says a lot more about you than it does him you race baiter but yeah I dont like wb threatening fans wifes. Im ok with saying that you jackoff

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

**** those people and the fact that you think their the victims says all I need to know about you. Ignored.

lionaire, cheatpnz and IBTL like this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What #Tilman is banking on.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you don't like wb threatening fans then they shouldn't act like they're entitled and say the most disrespectful bs just bc they feel protected. then when the player claps back its somehow on the player. foh with that garbage.

if you're a fan that feels you can run your mouth and say whatever you want, do everyone a favor and stay home. otherwise, don't get butt hurt when you get checked once you reach a certain line. you deserve every bit of it