1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Can anyone do some internet sleuthing on Prince Luc? Is he calling it a career?

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Phoenix Suns have signed Bolden

amaru, bj3175, malakas and 2 others like this.
  3. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

He could be our poor man's Korver. Always good to have a couple of scrappy, smart, hustling, one specific skill set type players and him shooting the 3 so well fits our style.

D-rock likes this.
  4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Ditto! I checked his twitter today and he hasn't posted at all. He was pretty consistently keeping up with is last season. I think it's just purely health at this point, but man he would be ideal!

amaru and D-rock like this.
  5. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

So no bolden...are they going to sign anyone at all?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

6'6 Justin Anderson is tearing up the GLeague. Just put up 48 points. Needs a call up!

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/nets-release-10-day-signee-justin-anderson/

3-D wing with 6'11 wingspan, whopping 38" max vert.

He is also T H I C C, another linebacker for the Rockets. Kid plays with an edge too, especially on defense - very disruptive.

Morey has 5 spots on this roster (2 open and 3 unplayable) that need to be filled.

https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2016/...locks-from-this-past-season/comment/387974107

7. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

Are Morey and the Rockets really interested in any of these players or is it all simple speculation?
    Insiders please!

amaru, saleem and D-rock like this.
  8. onreego

onreego Member

To be fair, there's only been like 5 players bought out so far. Anyone that we do sign, we'd at least hope could compete to be in the rotation. Anyone between Bender, Bolden, and Johnson you could see cracking the rotation?

I'm not counting Williams and MKG cause it seems like they knew where they were going to end up before hitting the market.

I'd say mayybe Bender but he's been ehhh thus far in his career. I'd maybe take him over Hartenstein.

Jwise44 and D-rock like this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lol... keep playing us.

amaru likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets crazy pace need bodies to keep the players fresh to gang rebound and switch everything while still be able to shoot 3ball and attack rim.

Right now Rockets are essentially only 10 man roster with 2 open spots and 3 unplayable guys (Clemons, Tyson, Harty). And of the 10, Thabo provides nothing on offense.

Would sign Bender, Broekhoff, Johnson and Anderson right now, even if only on 10 day contracts.

Dump Tyson, Harty and Clemons now so they can sign with another team.

We need the bodies and ASB is perfect time to incorporate new players to revolutionary new system

That still leaves one open roster spot plus Thabo if Harkless and/or Spellman are bought out.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Y'all too impatient. Morey and team are doing their due diligence, I'm sure. It's only the start of the break after tonight.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Morey needs to do his due diligence sooner.

Bshaud likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Why would Aussie forward Ryan Broekhoff be available? I know Dallas has made some moves recently, adding to their roster, but Broekhoff looked to be having a breakout season before fracturing his fibula, which sounds worse than it was, from what I’ve read. I haven’t gone through the entire thread, so maybe I missed it, but it seems odd that Dallas would let him go. Salary cap? Looks like he would be a good pickup

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Not sure if i remember well but i think Codman had this guy in his signature or talked about him last season at some point like a possible sweetener in a deal, maybe the Rockets kinda like the guy. Not to bring some hope up D-rock, just saying lol ;)

saleem and D-rock like this.
  15. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

No action from Morey. What is he doing if he's not trading the right guy for the team?

D-rock likes this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. Some of y’all thinking you’re legit scouts. OH NO. WE LOST OUT ON BOLDEN

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dropped him when they signed MKG.

Broekhoff seems to have no physical problems since returning from broken leg.

Deckard likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks for that, was churning my brain trying to recall who brought up Anderson first!

Vivi and saleem like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not that delusional as all that, just trying to add another set of eyes and create discussion.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love how he moves to both create separation and maximize passing angles.

Smart.

JuNx and saleem like this.