1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buyout Candidates 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Feb 6, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Would take either 6'3 Johnson, 6'3 Waiters or 6'5 Jonathon Simmons right now. Waiters is shooting best from 3P (38%) this season vs. Johnson (28%).

Johnson has crazy hops (42" max vert) and fearless on defense. But Waiters may be better switch defender due to his size and strength.

DeBeards likes this.
  2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

imagine if we had a taller player defending the last shot today or being able to dunk alley oops today hmmn........

D-rock likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

also you got to chuck different line ups at the other team, have different game plans. teams are killing us in the paint at the moment because we are small

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Another name to consider.

5. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol or if pj would of defended.the last shot properly lmao.

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

let me guess not being mean here. but i feel u dont watch the game n just going on narratives. u shpuld look at the numbers before u say teams.are killing us.

D-rock and Tristan_fiore like this.
  7. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

What the hell was Tyson Chandler doing at the end of the game though? He was going for the rebound? Like seriously bro. Maybe try and throw your hands up at the shooter instead.

mikol13, D-rock and BMoney like this.
  8. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I didn't watch the game so im legitally asking. They had Chandler in the game guarding the inbound pass which is how any team would use a big man no? Like how many teams would run out two bigs with 1.6 seconds left

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Tyler Johnson, when on the Heat, was averaging close to 37% from the 3.

jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We need someone that score in the paint efficiently when Westbrook is not there. It worked the first game and now people are catching on. They are not leaving the 3 pt shot open. They are being strict about sagging off the perimeter and helping.
    Snyder is a great coach and the Jazz are disciplined enough.
    We still need a big man. Not for the whole game but to switch up and keep opposing teams teams on their toes.
    The westbrook trade was the domino affect to our demise.

12. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i watch every game..................no way Clarkson scores as many points inside today if we have a legit centre

5-7 inside the key

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you should run out as many as you can, makes it harder for a player to get a shot off. especially with that much time left. You could guard 5 on 4 and not guard the inbound pass. Just make sure none of the other 4 get the ball

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is too short to seriously challenge a guy like Bogdanovic's shot

15. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Bismack Biyombo , Jeff Green , and Trey Burke...

Rockets need two sign atleast 3 of these guys to somewhat strengthen there bench. Green and Biyombo for the fact the rebounding is god awful. Green and burke could be better than Mclemore, and Thabo.

If they have this money Morey need to start handing out 1+1 2 mil contracts to them. If tilman is passing on these buyouts its cause there not looking for this year to even try to compete. I would sign them 4 right now with insentives, all are great bench players and know they would love to play here with 2 stars.

#515 Le$$, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

i dont blame him. that was hia job. rebound. cause could of been a tip or alley. im telling yall it was pj. n i bet u pj would admit. now be aware im splitting hairs here. but he didnt do all he could. its not like that guys was atlethic like a tmac....he wasnt gonna hit that shooting over u....he should of keep his hands straight up. not move his body to the side giving guy a clear look at the basket

17. ilias

ilias Member

Waiters and Johnson are the most talented of the already waived, but I think we need another lengthy forward in the mold of Covington rather than a scoring guard. Jeff Green would be my pick. He had a decent season last year, but for whatever reason he failed miserably in Utah. Harkless would be another good fit. I prefer Green because of his athleticism and length; he can disrupt passing lanes and provide help defence at the rim, plus run with Westbrook on the break. Would be keen to see how a 3-forward lineup can finish a game compared to the standard 3-guard one we most often use at clutch time.

jcmoon and DeBeards like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jeff Green is a certified choker and a cupcake.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets outscored the Jazz in the paint.

While I think the Rockets ideally are able to add someone like Biyombo, you have to pick your poison.

There are strengths and weaknesses to every line up configuration.

The Rockets without a traditional 5 are never going to be in the top 5 of paint defense........ but they also are going to score a lot of points in the paint at a highly effective rate.

The Rockets need to get Harden back healthy and work on getting to the line more on offense....... and on their PERIMETER defense, that will make the biggest difference.

I would love someone like Biyombo or even Ekpe........ but as counter intuitive as it sounds, firm up the perimeter defense will help the paint defense a lot.

BigMaloe, joshuaao, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Dude is terrible. Let him go to Dallas.