1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Suns 2/7/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2020.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets only hope is Russell Westbrook.

Only this dude can bring us win with his impressive effort!

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I know WB & Ego are out... but down 32... to the Suns?

Every time Houston has a great game, they follow with a sht one, and we're just back to the same old inconsistent bullsht.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm referring to the systemic stlyes of play. You've played a team sport like pick up football or basketball before right? Notice how you expend more energy playing defense? It's because the defender has to guess movements while the offensive player already knows where they are going. When you have to constantly guess movements and correct yourself while still trying to maintain balance results in expending more energy.

Harden's offensive style which is stagnant and stationary allows defenders to stand around while Rocket defenders have to play more traditional offenses where they have to chase players more often and expend more energy.

This slowly creates a drain effect and is part of why I think the Rockets often blow leads. They get tired legs having to defend more movement based offenses while our opponents get some relative rest.

That's why Westbrook is so important. He makes defenders burn some calories and get winded.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

Im talking about our guys. I know they are still playing there starters/second unit.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's more than enough reason to get excited the problem is Dumbtoni is going full r-word on the midget ball. As said in tropic thunder you don't go full R-word.

There's a reason Kerr used the Hamptons 5 sparingly, it takes a lot of energy and effort to do. But Dumbtoni doesn't know the meaning of restraint he's like a horse with blinders on all he can see is the regular season win in front of him. The smart play would've been to play Hartenstein, Chandler or heck even Caboclo who is actually 6'9 and then go do the death lineup last quarter or w/e. Everybody's tired from balling against the league's biggest front court yesterday except for Harden who sat back most of the game. They are a group of vets who are drained from yday and they have to play high pace bball and Dumbtoni wants them to go toe to toe with a bunch of kids no wonder they got ran out of the building.

A loss is def inevitable and I won't be surprised if the Rox win the first few games in the playoffs and then fade like they are doing right now cuz they are tired and Dumbtoni is too dumb to manage the rotations properly. MDA just not a subs or rotation management master he is better as an assistant coach who implements the offensive system than the actual HC who is in charge of subs, adjustments and rotation mgt. He is just too bad at that. I'm just happy we won last game despite Dumbtoni's ineptitude otherwise we wouldn't hear the end of it from the media. Morey made some god tier moves in the summer and this deadline too bad we don't have Spoelstra, Kerr or Nurse who can make the most of it we have Dumbtoni.

#585 roslolian, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    buffalobills!!! and Little Bit like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yeah, expanding rotation is the cure for all ills.

LOL

DeBeards, hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  7. Slimfa

Slimfa Member

Everyone that’s saying this loss was expected because a back to back and no Russ, well I think the Utah game was more of an expected loss but they played with a lot more heart and pride and pulled it off w/o harden, Russ and Capela so I don’t buy that expected loss for tonight.

buffalobills!!!, hakeem94 and bro2044 like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL alright buddy.

9. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Every time I think "well, they cant shoot this bad all game" in the first quarter, Rockets prove me wrong.

:(

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

my favourite part of the game was when Clemons was defending Ayton in the post.
    Hahahahahhaha

11. Red Nation RGV

Sonnuva bish... well I was about to start the game off dvr but don't need to now

hakeem94 and juanm34 like this.
  12. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Exactly, that line of thinking is crap.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dont bother with him, hes enjoying his face full of j*zz.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

What you would expect from the Rockets after playing a good game. Playing with no effort against a lottery team. No defense no energy and no one can make a single bucket. And Phoenix making everything too

hakeem94 and bro2044 like this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Can you delete it from my memory?

Red Nation RGV likes this.
  16. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Nobody expected the Suns could destroy us within 3 quarters!

17. HP3

HP3 Member

This had little do with small ball, it was about guys not making shots, which would have happend with Capela anyways, on every single back to back, we have looked awful.

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Anyone that didn't see this coming sooner than later, was fooling themselves.... WB or no WB!

Little Bit likes this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly it doesn’t matter if it is a 10 point or 32 point loss. They have excuses with Westbrook out and Gordon out and a new starter added to the team... and a back to back. Still it would be nice to win these games.

20. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Somebody please knock Oubres punk ass on his ass. Dude just keeps launching 3s. Punk

bro2044 likes this.