1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook to Harden: "look at me! I'm the captain now"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IBTL, Feb 7, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member

2. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Damn damn DAMN!

Houstunna likes this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Westbrook is an absolute stud.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Harden: Capt the Game starts at 8:00 pm...
    Westbrook: "You see, I'm not gonna do it. I can't do it two nights in a row. I would, but you see, the way I got my LOAN MANAGEMENT is set up, I got a check-in and a save-in, but all my SKILL is in my save-in, so I gotta switch it to my check-in, but it's gonna take 3 business days...I don't think it's gonna go through."

Rocket River

5. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I prefer battier, Landry, and scola but all good

beard4life likes this.
  6. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

I see what you did there.

7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind the only reason the games go this way is because of the double teams on Harden. This is still Harden's team and if they guard him 1 on 1 you'll see that. Major credit to Westbrook for performing so well in these situations, but credit to Harden too for his willingness to play this way. I'm sure we don't want to go back to watching him turn the ball over trying to beat these double teams over and over.

8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

i luv the gif…lol the look of tomhanks

[​IMG]

9. vator

vator Contributing Member

Very true. One guy had a flashy stat line and the other had a sub par one, but the guy with the sub par stats unlocked opportunities for everybody else to succeed because of his known scoring prowess and ability to completely warp defenses, sometimes by just standing 35 feet away from the play. Respect to all those other guys that took advantage of it. We've seen in some previous games that this should not be taken for granted. Russ has been an absolute stud, but give Harden his respect. I also like the fact that he didn't get caught up stat chasing and forcing bad shots.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

At this point, everyone knows what Harden is capable of. He could average 10 points a game for the next 10 games and teams would still double him at the top of the key. It's called respect. And if for some reason teams forget to respect him, he will burn them for 50 to quickly remind everyone what he's capable of.

#10 rockbox, Feb 7, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  11. MadRox

MadRox Member

When Harden had the ball with Westbrook and Capela, teams can sag off them, leaving Harden with only 2 shooters. When Westbrook had the ball and with Capela gone, he's got 4 shooters and a open lane. Even better when team double team Harden and he kicks out to Westbrook, WIDE WIDE open lanes to attack.

D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THAT'S NOT WESTBROOK! THAT'S PASCAL SIAKAM!!!

DeBeards, alpha7283, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  13. onreego

onreego Member

I'm okay saying this is becoming both their team. There are going to be times WB taken out of the game by defenses and Harden needs to go off. I don't think many defenses can plan for both of them.

It's also pretty unselfish of Harden that he doesn't really care who the "leader" is when it comes to WB, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DeBeards, snowconeman22 and Corrosion like this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member

Harden could be the best 1B player

If he wants to..

Lets hope when it becomes more clear westbrook is our 1A - that harden doesnt go all pouty.

This capela move was made for westbrook.

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Pat Beverly is back?

KingCheetah likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

stop trying to divide the team by pitting Westbrook against Harden, it’s corny

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think it impossible to stop them both .... you just cant double both of htem and leave 2 guys open.

NBA players are just too good to be left open and think they wont score. Last night is a good example of that , double Harden and the rest of the team killed it. They scored 121 and Harden only had 17.

If I told you before tip off that Harden would only score 17 .... how much do you think they would have lost by ?!

onreego and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Pat Bev would be great on this team .... I really hated to see him go , one of my favorite Rockets and I been a fan for 50 years.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  19. IBTL

IBTL Member

Haha bullard is corny but I will take it thanks

We need to let harden know NOW about 1b and let him get the pouty out of his system NOW.

For this to work harden needs to oprerate at 1B with zero days since last pout.

Harden is awesome he is the man etc.
    But... Westbrook is the captain

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

James Harden is the only player I can remember maybe in my lifetime who is doubled for no other reason than he’s just standing 3 feet behind the three to half court (sometimes he’s doubled the second he crosses half court).

the TNT guys aren’t the smartest But Kenny usually has good points. Don’t double either dude and never leave the corner threes. It’s at least worth a shot if you’re defending the rockets.

in any case... if the other team is going to guard Harden this way, Westbrook HAS to take over.

DeBeards, Blatz, SORF and 2 others like this.