1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jackie Mac slaps down Windy for going after our great and fearless Leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by foggy94, Feb 4, 2020.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Just heard this on Windy’s podcast from last week. They were talking about China and the salary cap implications. Of course, Windy is giving the usual BS spiel about how players are the most hurt and LeBron is gonna lose money. Then Jackie puts him in his place

Windhorst: I understand why the players are not gonna be happy

Jackie: Well, y’know, the players have to understand the world is a bigger place. I just don’t see how anyone can disagree with the sentiment

Windbag: Well it’s one thing to take a position, it’s another thing when you don’t get your money

Jackie: Well to me, you’re not really taking a position unless you have something at stake...Daryl Morey isnt wrong in what he said. I would like to remind everyone of that. Daryl Morey’s sentiment was a good one.

Was just refreshing to hear Windpipe slapped down by Jackie. Was about to put my head through a wall before that

joshuaao, Clutch, Deuce and 17 others like this.
  2. WestendMassive

Jesus, I would have thought that even Windhorst would have enough sense to edit that out.

Imagine putting it out there that you think violations of human rights are ok as long as everyone gets paid.

What a piece of **** human being.

joshuaao, j3i, King1 and 17 others like this.
  3. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Even if you give him the full benefit of the doubt, that he is just ‘reporting’ players concerns and saying it how it is, without Jackie there nobody would have said anything and he would have just left it at that.

I’m so ****ing angry at the NBA. You decided to go into business with China. It’s China’s fault they blacked you out because someone posted a tweet supporting freedom. You wanna play with sharks, don’t cry when you get bit.

slothy420, Blatz, Remlap and 7 others like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Don't know Jackie but kudos! This whole thing about losing money, you know how incredibly entitled, disrespectful and ignorant it sounds??? People risk their jobs, their freaking live to speak up and now the NBA and players are pissed because they lost some money.

I really want to know how these guys feel, because anyone who feels money should be above human rights issues and speaking out, I have no interest in following, watching or supporting. It's clear how China has been cracking down on Hong Kong, freedom of their own civilians and the Uyghur Muslims in particular.

The African-Americans should remember the civil rights movement and the white Americans should remember their escape from Europe. Everyone should remember how hard previous generations fought for our freedom, human rights and to freely speak our minds.

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Windhorse will never take a stance unless food is at stake.

King1, Deuce, slothy420 and 9 others like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Yea that's nice and all, but what did the tweet change ? I don't really call some tweet taking a stand anyway. We haven't heard a peep from him since and nothing has changed in China. I think if Morey knew this would happen he would have not hit send on that. So was he REALLY taking a stand ? One tweet wasn't worth billions I'm sorry. He stilled screwed up.

ferrari77 likes this.
  7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I think Jackie was just shooting down Windhorst idea that it’s only fair the players don’t take a stand if there’s money involved, which is total bullshit

malakas likes this.
  8. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Rumor mill makes stressful, weary and outof breath…its dessert time to have some gossip chacha

[​IMG]

WestendMassive likes this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Windhorst setting up his Chinese harem after ESPN fires him when Lebron retires.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed that the Tweet wasn’t taking a stand...the 2nd the heat arrived, it was quickly deleted, and we haven’t heard a peep since

also agreed that he never would’ve even sent it if he knew it would cause that much damage

the social media/online activists pretending that they actually cared about HK were fake AF too...only doing it for quick retweets, likes, or attention...by the 2nd weekend of the NBA season talk about HK had died down considerably and it was back to business as usual

11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Jackie is the truth. Bit ch ass Doris should take notes on how a real woman should act.

12. malakas

malakas Member

I listened to the podcast.
    Windhorst was like "noone is complaining" and then spent the next 5 minutes whining about how millionaires have to pay taxes, and now can't get extra 10% of their already ultra inflated salaries :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wonder what people does he think exactly are listening to his podcasts?
    Did he really think any normal average person would feel any compassion that they can't now be paid 110%?
    Oh poor players I am going to start weeping for their suffering.

D-rock, Deuce, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

This ain’t it

Patience, lilbird20 and malakas like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

Fair point and that’s the craziest part: Morey didn’t even take that much of a stand and still players got mad at him rather than the Chinese government trying to mess with freedom of speech over a support tweet, nothing more.

D-rock, lilbird20 and malakas like this.
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Even better, on his own Pod too! Slapped down like a punk ass biatch in your own house!

D-rock likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Boris can't act like a real women, stop being unfair to him.

Air Yordan and juanm34 like this.
  17. WestendMassive

Jackie McMullen is an excellent journalist and a brilliant basketball mind. Not sure what Doris has to do with this.

D-rock, malakas and foggy94 like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

....like Gandhi once said

19. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Did you say steak??

20. Joe Smith

Joe Smith Member

Neither one of them are knowledgeable regarding the long history of China, Britain and Hong Kong, they are both clueless 'sportswriters'. Daryl Morey wasn't contemplating the long and complicated history of Hong Kong when he made that shortsighted tweet, he basically wanted people to look at him, like most people on twitter - it is a marketing tool at best, and lowers people's IQ by 20 points at worst.