1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Burke's Bias

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Feb 3, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

So Doris Borke basically spewed 2 games in a row about not putting in the contender bracket because of our defense. Now while I agree, her criteria was because we were not in the top 10-15 in defensive rating and if MDA somehow managed that, we would be contenders.

Funny enough, we're 15th on defense. Maybe someone can point that out to her so she can just come out and say what's really her issue w/ the Rockets. I actually rather hear commentators being honest about their bias or just feelings about the team, certain players and or the coach if that's the issue.

My main point is though that if you're going to go by stats and facts, then get it right! They have whole teams to look stuff up, can search on Google for a minute and get all the stuff they need. Be a professional for the fan's sake, you owe it since you're on national TV and most fans eat their **** up.

D-rock, JuNx, htwnbandit and 6 others like this.
  2. JackLordsHair66

She’s a massive cunt (and i rarely use that word because it is so degrading, but it’s fitting here !!!), I swear she literally argued every foul
    Harden had called in his favor yesterday.. Id like to punch her in the dick

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

well damn

4. Red Nation RGV

She used to have a hard on for Westbrook when comparing him to Harden and now all of a sudden she doesn't harp on that anymore. Instead she just outright discredits the Rockets at every chance... eff her, shes another Beadle lol

5. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

who cares

ico4498, RustyHarden, malakas and 5 others like this.
  7. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I mean we are definitely on the brink of “bad.” We had one excellent stretch a couple months ago and that’s it.

amaru likes this.
  8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

So you’re angry at her even though you agree with her point about the defense not being good enough because we are one position ahead of where she put us on defensive rating

gotsis, robgue, amaru and 1 other person like this.
  9. lionaire

lionaire Member

She’s the WOAT

10. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

She’s just not good. Never been a fan.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You guys are vastly underrating the strong, intelligent Women we have in the world today. Shame on you.

After all...

Without women...

... there would be no cookies.

Air Yordan likes this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

Ow I agree, she’s just there to fill the female quota. I don’t know what hillbilly farm she hails from, but that nasal sounding voice w/ her emphasising every word she says makes her very unlikeable!

hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You do realize there is variability on how a team ranks according to defensive efficiency, depending on how possessions are counted, right? She could have been going off a different calculation than what you are looking at, especially if the figure you are looking at has us right at the cutoff point.

gotsis, amaru and xaos like this.
  14. JW86

JW86 Member

She didn’t mention our position and BRB and NBA.com have us at 15, two respectable stats sources. In other words: she pulled it out of her ass based on her bias.

D-rock, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How much is separating us from 16th on those rankings? Have you also considered the possibility that when she looked at it during her prep for the game we were not in range?

amaru likes this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ya'll sound like a bunch of snowflakes.

I like Doris.

dobro1229, Maromi, gotsis and 5 others like this.
  17. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I totally disagree on Burke.

She loves Harden. She isn't a Rockets fan, but that doesn't make her a Rocket hater...

Just because someone says something negative amongst other positive things, it does not make them a hater....
    People like Pmac or Squattie are far more annoying media personalities because they are running their agendas.

Doris Burke (and CWebb) are some of the better ones out there

Maromi, D-rock, malakas and 3 others like this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

Again, if she had actually checked it, she would’ve mentioned. We’ve been 15th for most of the season since our bad start.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

She's fine other than having a passive aggressive beef with Harden

D-rock likes this.
  20. Juxtaposed Jolt

Interesting how the OP cherry-picks the bias of one person in particular, when there are plenty more influential people to complain about. I wonder what distinguishing characteristic separates her from the re-

...oh. Oh, there it is.

Maybe instead of talking about Doris' bias (or as I personally see it, the lackthereof), maybe we should talk about your bias.

#20 Juxtaposed Jolt, Feb 3, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    gotsis, malakas, robgue and 1 other person like this.