1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nets aren't moving Allen for a pick and the Knicks aren't moving Robinson for it either, both guys are pretty much younger Capelas, but cheaper and with more upside, if we trade Capela we have to settle with a guy like Noel or Holmes (assuming they're available), imo the best we can hope for in that scenario and they would still be a bet, other options just aren't out there...Dedmon, Baynes maybe, but good luck with that.

2. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Congrats. You have just won the "2020 Worst Internet G.M. of the Year Award".

Astrodome, Reeko, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=u2ubqqh

If the Rockets do make a trade with the Hawks for Capela, I would like to see them do a three team trade and also bring in a Nerlens Noel or other Center to try to replace his production at the very least.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I like where you are at but the sheer amount of players switching teams is so unlikely.

In this trade. A) The Rockets get what they really need. B) The Hawks get what they really need and they dump Parsons C) The Pistons get a pick, an expiring and a very good young building block piece in Bogdan D) The Kings get CC, who they have wanted for what seems like 4 years.

https://tradenba.com/trades/t5wYk0wTE

CDrex and fattz like this.
  6. sogood.

sogood. Member

I wish lol. Collins is younger and better than Capela, they wouldn't do a 1 for 1 swap let alone give up Hunter also.

#1126 sogood., Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    ball4life66 likes this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Scary trade.

8. deshen

deshen Member

This is the oldest team in the league, It will take years of work to fix it. It will not be easy and pretty.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

But is the Orlando Magic willing to trade Aaron Gordon?

D-rock likes this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I love Harden I still want to give him a chance to win, but that is a good deal. Michael Porter Jr has star potential. He’s like young KD if he can stay healthy. Solves all our immediate needs and we don’t have to do a full rebuild.

11. Sen89

Sen89 Member

I think we could be able to get Jae Crowder and Marvin Williams without dropping any major cogs in our rotation (some 2nd rounders and filler). Neither one would be the answer, but both guys are vets who can defend multiple positions, and Williams can shoot (high-30s) too.

Bigs - Capela, Hartenstein, Chandler
    Forwards - Tucker, Crowder, M.Williams
    Wings - Gordon, House, McLemore
    Guards - Westbrook, Harden, Rivers

12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Hawks would be idiots to trade Collins and Hunter on their rookie contracts for Drummond. If they want him that badly, just offer him the max when he opts out of his contract this summer.

baller4life315 likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Williams has a cap hit of over $15m ..... not happening.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

...unless he gets bought out, which is something i can see happening, cause i wouldn't bet on a team making a trade for him, 15M is not easy to match for other contenders too, i'd bet. And i would expect teams to trade for Marcus Morris, Crowder and even Iggy before they think about moving 12M and assets for Marvin, although he might also cost less then the others, a 2nd rounder is probably enough to get him, while for the other you have probably to move a 1st, but that's just my guess.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

PJ Tucker
    Sefalosha
    Nene

for Andre Drummond

16. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I think blazer is super strong in every position after getting Ariza, we need to upgrade and becareful with it especially after their injuries recover

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish Clark hadn't been waived. I would have added him and a 2nd round pick for O'Quinn who has a 1.6 M cap hit on an expiring contract. He would be useful, unlike Tyson and Nene.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would be happy if the Rockets acquired Marvin with a buyout.

Vivi and D-rock like this.
  19. ch44

ch44 Member

Markieff is still a target, but a few teams are in the mix. Detroit will take the best picks available I think. They are busy trying to get 1sts for Drummond and Rose still though.

Not related to the trade deadline, but I heard again that Ty Lue is the top candidate next year to replace MDA. I've been super busy, but will try to keep my ears open.

20. malakas

malakas Member

ch44 dropping BOMBS left and right tonight!

saleem and D-rock like this.