1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Trump for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, May 22, 2019.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I can ASSURE you of a few things. Trump will NOT win New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Delaware, or Rhode Island.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Conservative columnist says...

No Worries and JuanValdez like this.
  4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You do know the guy doing most of the talking, Rick Wilson, is a professional Republican consultant, lifelong Republican, field director for GWB's campaign in Florida and was appointed to work under Dick Cheney in the DoD, right?

Damm elitist libs.

5. NewRoxFan

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

jcf likes this.
  7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#327 Ottomaton, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was hilarious. A conservative Republican cracked up the anchor on a joke of a network talking about a President who is and deserves to be a laughing. stock.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If she is conservative then I am a spurs fan.

I dont hate the spurs but I havent rooted for them since robinson's rookie year.

10. mick fry

mick fry Member

Now you can see why nobody takes the left or CNN serious.

11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Democrats sticking their heads in the sand about their opposition in 2016 should work equally well for Democrats in 2020.

12. NewRoxFan

While she is a trump critic (a "never trumper" in trump supporter terminology) she certainly self identifies as a conservative. She writes "The Right Turn" column for the Washington Post and in the past she wrote for The Weekly Standard and The American Conservative. So... does her criticism of trump bother you that much? Do all trump critics lose their "conservative" label?

Here's a few articles about her:

Jennifer Rubin Is Whacking the Lefties
    Right Turn, her new conservative blog for the Post, is short on scoops but long on attitude.
    https://www.washingtonian.com/2011/04/25/jennifer-rubin-is-whacking-the-lefties/

WaPo Tilts Right, Hires Conservative Blogger
    https://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/wapo-tilts-right-hires-conservative-blogger/

No Worries likes this.
  13. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

She can identify as whatever she wants. Plenty of conservatives are not trump supporters. Her opinions dont strike me as conservative. I identify as a kawhi fan. I'm not, but i dont hate him.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...st-jennifer-rubin-isnt-one-of-us-hire-someone

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook and dobro1229 like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

LOL, jim demint and brent bozell?

Listen, I get it, she is a trump critic. And seems columnists are often targeted with "you aren't one of us" criticism (heck, when she was hired by the post she replaced other columnists that were criticized as "not being conservatives".

trump supporters should simply read another column, blog, newspaper and call everyone else that criticizes trump "fake media."

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So you finally admit that Trump is a crook?

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To be fair, I don't anyone that was seriously devoted to being a true fiscal conservative can call themselves a Trump supporter. Trump is not a conservative, and Trump policies are not fiscally conservative by any stretch.

Now socially conservative... that's a different philosophy all together, and yes Trump supporters can call themselves social conservatives who are against things like LGBTQ Human Rights, Pro Choice. etc.

So I think it's fair for someone like Rubin or Justin Amash to identify as a fiscal Conservative and despise Trump. I think that's fair. Calling themselves a Republican... I dunno. I think that party label is dead IMO. The party isn't the Republican party really. It's the party of Trump, and Trumpism. So I think folks like Rubin or Rick Wilson calling themselves Republicans is just basically signalling to the past more than anything.

In modern terms of identity as representing their philosophy in the media, they are fiscal Conservatives as a representative label.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Rubin_(journalist)

Jennifer Rubin is an American conservative columnist who writes the "Right Turn" blog for The Washington Post. Previously she worked at Commentary, PJ Media, Human Events, and The Weekly Standard. Her work has been published in media outlets including Politico, New York Post, New York Daily News, National Review, and The Jerusalem Post.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Didn't fall in line with Cheeto Mussolini. Can't be a conservative if you don't fall in line. It's an inherent part of being conservative.

jiggyfly likes this.