1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin spoke frankly in post-game interview…right after a the big and amazing W over jazz

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Jan 27, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Austin and EGo think they are sacrificing for this team.
    Action louder than words. The ball is kicking back to star players.

And :eek:dear fertitta tweeted…means no firework?

#1 DeBeards, Jan 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Vivi, saleem, JuNx and 19 others like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Was hoping the interviewer would ask EG after the game if he had fun tonight.

3. amaru

amaru Member

Star players? Lol try the head coach.

dreamshakin, roslolian and DeBeards like this.
  4. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Let's see if these guys actually start showing it on a more consistent basis. But I feel they'll just go back to their inconsistent ways.

Tilman is loving that Gordon performance, because it gives him an excuse to not bring in any other players now.

#4 aliadiere25, Jan 28, 2020
  5. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Objectively to say, what or who the SACRIFICE point to:
    LTS
    handling/ball sharing
    coaching
    others

Anyway, there is something pointing at; our role players never spilled out like this before, they want a change, they want more team chemistry, this is a good thing to face the music.

6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Everything was good on that post until... Tillman butted in.

slothy420, ryano2009, vick and 3 others like this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

:D:D:D

saleem likes this.
  8. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

They were all playing for each other.... defense brings everyone together and that is why Harden's and Westbrook's constant effort on that side is so important. Yes, the Jazz looked off but that is because we were making them work. Our stars need to lead by example and grind.... it is on our coach to hold them to it. MDA did a great job tonight with timeouts and calling his guys out. I have never seen him once yell at Harden about defense the way he did on his players today.

#8 slickricky, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    Remlap and DeBeards like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

i held my breath reviewing this lovely game…definitely a beautiful small-ball game our team built for and searching for, what's more, everybody played D including Mr 50pts EGo who play D as hard as others, see below clip

EGo literally scrambled back to slow down jazz fastbreak transition and streching his arm to contest a shot from the arc, right after his layup (see interaction between house and EGo)
    Their intensity and resolution were key to this W.

#9 DeBeards, Jan 28, 2020
    Ramo$e, saleem, Remlap and 4 others like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I mean these players all want to sacrifice, so the right thing. But that's just "clap clap try harder" motivation it is up to the coach to take that player will and transform it into action. If no better plays other than give the ball to Harden and WB and have them iso are available what do you expect those guys to do?

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he scores 40-50 every game, then he is an Allstar starter, Harden is going to make way. :eek:

DeBeards likes this.
  12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Hakeem and Clyde are great especially while supporting around them with pieces like horry, Sam, kenny, Maxwell, Elie etc. The game never change as for team defense and team offense.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was a semi joke though. Nothing serious.

I mean Corey Brewer scored 51 once against them Rockets. Ego is no doubt the much player better.

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  14. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I'm over excited cuz i thought role players would have got with loss mentality. This W let me see silver lining.
    Roles players shed signal.

The third one is what I care about

15. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Impressive victory ! I think we caught Utah sleeping a bit, but thats only a small part of the equation. Very nice win from the Rockets! Something they can build on moving forward. The energy on defense was especially encouraging. They need that consistently.

seclusion likes this.
  16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Say it again Bro, defense is about hustle and desire. That's exactly what this team brought to the table tonight along with the passion to try harder on every possession. We need our Superstars to play better D and get everyone else involved.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great quote in there from EG:
    Gordon didn’t want to talk much about himself but about his teammates. How they stuck to the game plan, how they defended and most importantly, how they played together.

“I mean tonight was a special night for me,” Gordon said. “It means a lot that we won. I just want our team to build off of this, but it is special for sure.”

“I had it going, but how we played tonight was how we need to play. We got after it defensively. We just got out there, and just played. We ran the offense and we just played our game. When you play within the flow of the game, you’re going to get good shots and everybody contributed. That’s what made things a lot easier. I had it going, but other guys played well. It was a team effort. The most meaningful thing is that we won.”

D-rock, Fyreball, slothy420 and 8 others like this.
  18. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

luv his quote

[​IMG]

D-rock, Remlap and desihooper like this.
  19. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Gordon really dropped 50 on the Jazz. Made it look easy and could’ve easily had 70. I don’t know what happens next but I do know that he’s an all star on any other roster.

joshuaao and DeBeards like this.
  20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The way they played was probably what EG means when he said he wants to have "fun.". Ball and people movement kept everyone engaged and guys just took turns: EG, Rivers, and even Thabo had room and the green light to create/attack.