1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I havent processed his death much honestly. Though life cut short, fortunate he got to play out his full playing career, with a great sendoff.

Kobe was a "larger than life" kind of figure. I guess even in his passing, his presence is still there literally larger than life.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. malakas

malakas Member

Yes and Reynard Sinarga who raped 195 men claimed that it was consensual and they were willing.
    Every rapist says the same old same old.

You grab someone 5 minutes after meeting them, annally penetrate them, ignore their calls to stop and choke their neck..there is no place for "innocent misunderstanding".

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yikes this thread has turned into complete garbage. Last few pages are either discussing his rape allegations or whether or not some newscaster said the N-Word. My question is, who the **** cares? Be respectful and keep the thread about the tragedy and the impacts it has on family, friends, colleagues, and fans across the world.

4. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

You forget, this is the interwebz. You also forget, this is ClutchFans.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Establishing intent to commit a crime is necessary for criminal liability, to my understanding. I think it's fair to surmise that Sinarga knowingly violated those men without their consent, considering that he was actually drugging them.

Of course. Which is why I didn't characterize what he did as an innocent misunderstanding. I was pretty clear that I think he did something he should have known was wrong. Whether he actually understood he was doing something wrong while he did it is another matter. Some of the things you're mentioning (her asking for him to stop) may be true, but aren't established facts.

#885 durvasa, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    RudyTBag, REEKO_HTOWN and ferrari77 like this.
  6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

On talking on deeds & misdeeds, obvious reminder this is first an NBA BASKETBALL forum. The connection here is the basketball sport. The players & participants contributions that grew the sport. There's many places to talk about personal trangressions.

Whats the the point of a place for basketball culture, if its going to be like any other social issues place? I dont even like Kobe much. As insufferable as he was, there's no doubt he was all about basketball, what we're here for. And evident he moved past his terrible act and focused on his family. No NOT ABSOLVING him, nor saying he's a good guy. Just that this is basketball, Kobe's profession & identity, and our main identity too.

Yung-T and ferrari77 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Or Shah Rukh.

Jontro likes this.
  8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

No, it's whomever dares to disagree bringing that up hours after his death. Like the Washington Post reporter did. There's a time and place for EVERYTHING. That wasn't it.

And he was a hero to many...for his actions on the basketball court, not off it. Those two things can be exclusive.

It's fair and perfectly acceptable for you not to be a fan or even care about his actions on the basketball court after what happened in Colorado but feel free to let people that want to grieve do so. We don't even know if his body has been recovered yet but you want to remind us about his misdeeds. A majority of us that are a certain age and followed the NBA pre 2004 do know and remember what allegedly happened. We don't need a reminder. We don't consider him to be perfect or even a great human being and we don't know for a fact what really happened. He wasn't convincing in his testimony that is for damn sure but whatever did occur, the hope is he grew and became a better person from that time on. Nevertheless, that case is a part of his legacy so trust and believe it has not been forgotten. This is just not the right time nor even the right thread.

Easy and Yung-T like this.
  9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

11. malakas

malakas Member

But I do not stop anyone from mourning.
    I don't go around quoting peope who say they are sad and say "You're wrong. Good Riddance".
    I am the one being quoted by others for my opinion- which btw includes that he was a great basketball player and father.

I also didn't go into the details of his crime and trial until others started questioning me and doubting.

And I have been a victim of severe verbal abuse in this thread.
    Who is the one stopping others from expressing their opinion?
    Those who told me I deserve a beating, to stfu, to get banned and that women are known liars, and rape is commonplace that everyone has done it?
    Or me who simply said that rape is a part of his legacy as much as his family life and basketball carreer?

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko
    If people really want to bring up the Colorado case
    Please go to downtown Los Angeles at the staple center area and talk to those people

it would be more interesting than bumping heads with rockets fans

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lol, that’s just asking for trouble. That’s asking for probable involvement in an assault case.

I’m not even reading these rape posts anymore, they’ve been getting skipped for awhile now...those posts are like a broken record at this point

ferrari77 likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You should also add that you accused someone on here of being a danger to society (in context, a sexual predator) for having a different opinion on whether the facts establish that Kobe was a clear-cut rapist. You may say you're just expressing your own opinions, but you don't say something like that unless you're trying to shut someone else down.

blahblehblah likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How could you possibly know this?

blahblehblah and RudyTBag like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DeBeards likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Well gematria is literally just A-Z, 1-26, where A=1 and Z=26. Very simple. All the extra stuff you put is what people who dismiss it do in order to distract from the main point.

Some people can't look at the events leading up to this... Kobe taken out of his last game with 4.1 seconds on the clock (he died at age 41), his team scoring 101 in his last game and him dying next to the 101 freeway, LeBron passing Kobe in his hometown, a day later Kobe dies the day of the Grammy's, etc.

There's more I could have posted but anyone who does not believe there are higher powers and external forces involved is extremely naive.

#900 Scarface281, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Entropy likes this.