1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TMZ: Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I guess this is not the time to rationalize things. I probably made that post because experiencing (not first hand) much tougher situations, I'm becoming immune to these things. Sorry to bring it up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Sounds so genuine. Did you just list Kobe autographs on eBay?!?!?!?!?!?

RustyHarden likes this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

European countries have many songs and monuments about fallen soldiers and the pride in their self sacrifice. Mostly in wars for freedom or self protection.

Vivi, Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

RIP to this man and condolences to his friends and family too

5. teknokid

teknokid Member

"Bryant admitted to an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Bryant's accuser refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by the woman. This was settled out of court and included Bryant publicly apologizing to his accuser, though admitting no guilt on his part."

In the US, the one is innocent till proven guilty. Kobe was never proven guilty; also the accuser had settled the case. There was no victim in this case; only the accuser. You have mentioned that the rape is a serious crime that often gets overlooked and you are doing this to bring the awareness. What else have you done in the past to bring the awareness to the public? Have you made any donation, joined the rally, or been a part of an organization? A man died in a tragic accident with his daughter and you are bringing his accusation on the table. Are you really proud of what you are doing here?

Tfor3, Richie_Rich, Bearded13 and 2 others like this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ottomaton likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

I understand what you are saying but a couple of points. First, the idea of being proud to send your child to die in war isn’t an American sentiment. I can see why you would think that, but it largely isn’t accurate. The overwhelming vast majority of Americans do not want their children to join the military and certainly do not want their children fighting in war. Sometime read more about the Vietnam war. What you are describing is a sentiment that was very popular in Western Europe, and to a lesser extent in Eastern Europe through World War II. Read about young men all through the West joining to fight in WWI and WWII.

Gray_Jay and malakas like this.
  8. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I agree, it's a bit too passive-aggressive. I explain why I wrote something and then end it with "don't mind me" so people would stop replying to me and just go about their business of extendind condolences.

9. malakas

malakas Member

I have went to the police with a rape victim to help her make the report. Are you satisfied now? Does that make me elligible to post about the rape commited from a rapist in a forum?
    What have YOU done?
    What gives you the right to ask the credentials of a poster here?

In the US the one is innocent till proven guilty according to eyes of the law.
    But in the US and all around the world, criminals get away with crimes.
    Reality and the letter of the law are two different things.

10. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Thanks, I needed an answer like that. Peace and out.

(Btw, this sentiment in Europe was prevalent because guys were going to war to actually defend their country).

Vivi, daywalker02 and Nook like this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

So sad to hear about this tragic crash and the terrible loss of several lives. Much sympathy to families and friends of those lost.

12. MONON

MONON Member

It's just that at this time of tragedy, you choose to remember the negativity in his life and we remember the positive aspects of his life.

13. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

She didn’t call anyone N word, she word jumbled a word that sounded like Naker.
    She called them the Knicks earlier and probably just combined Knicks and Lakers by accident. People took it and want to be offended. Didn’t sound anything like N word

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh?

17. Nook

Nook Member

No, she choose to remember both. She even said so early in this thread.

She has had a poster say he would punch her in the face, another call her “darling”, numerous others deny rape occurred, then others say “we all know he raped her” but not the time to bring it up.

She never said she was happy he was dead or said he shouldn’t be mourned.

malakas likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

19. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

There are politics, debate, religion and sex change discussions threads. I don't know why some of you choose to spill unnecessary baggage in here. I'm not a fan of Kobe, but I respect his NBA numbers. Some of you should just go to the Lakers forums and spill it there. You guys would be envied.

RustyHarden likes this.
  20. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Agree to disagree breh

Rocket River likes this.