1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WOJ: BREAKING Westbrook to Houston for CP3 & Picks!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Xerobull, Jul 11, 2019.

1. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I feel bad for Chris, I wanna see him win a chip before he retires. But at the end of the day he isn’t without choice. He could probably get a trade to a team like Miami if he agreed up front to turn down his player option. I certainly don’t blame him for not wanting to, it’s an insane amount of money, and it’s not like the Heat would be close to favourites even with him. But he isn’t stuck completely.

Deuce and J Sizzle like this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You are smoking crack if you think this team is better with Westbrook. Truly.

coachbadlee likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The day Harden’s window closed.

DD

#2163 DaDakota, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    coachbadlee and J Sizzle like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He wasn't going to win one here anyways.

2018 was our window.

We still are a versatile defensive 4/5 away from being a true contender.

Relying on PJ Tucker to play 35 minutes a game is insane. He's my favorite player on this team but he needs to be on a 20 - 25 MPG restriction to stay fresh.

Morey should be begging Orlando for Jonathan Isaac. Easily give up two future firsts.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

So far he's been exactly what we thought he would be: a year older version of an inefficient player who plays with great effort and athleticism but still cannot, for the life of him, make shots or decide when to shoot.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The *slim chance* was CP3 for Westbrook "straight up." Morey probably felt OKC wouldn't do that. It wasn't until Tilman forced Morey to get a deal done no matter what and forced Morey to use draft picks to close the deal.

7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Russ has given us energy and we have won a couple of ones thanks to him. Imagine if Harden was playing like he was the last couple of days. I’m sure he would have just given up on the season just playing passive the rest of the year. If Harden is friends with Russ and still is giving this effort imagine him next to CP3.

Today at least today they played well and as a team. Hopefully they keep this up

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden has never just given up on a season, nor would he ever...people need to just stop it with these nonsensical, baseless talking points

Hard_foul, BigM and Lawlruschang like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ is averaging 30, 8, and 8 on 57% TS so far in January...I’ve been pretty satisfied with his play for awhile now

ElDobleK, J Sizzle and Lawlruschang like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Anyone else that says they haven’t been satisfied with his run would be lying.

Questions are... Is it sustainable? Will we see typical inefficient Russ in the near future? I hope not. This is how Russ should always play. Seems like he’s doing what is best for his game and the the Rockets as well.

Easy, ElDobleK, J Sizzle and 2 others like this.
  12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He gave up on the team and winning a ship when he ran Chris Paul off.

13. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I think that he's been trending in the right direction since the beginning of the season:

3 Point Attempts per game / TS% per game, by month for Russ:

Nov: 5.7 / .487 (13 games)
    Dec: 4.4 / .508 (13 games)
    Jan: 2.7 / .561 (7 games)

I think they're letting Russ play his game, and he's benefiting from it. We've been struggling lately, but I agree that Russ has been one of the bright spots during this slump. I think that we need to let him continue to play this way and adapt around him.

Morey and D'Antoni hate the midrange jumper, but Russ is a key member of this team, regardless of the fact that his lack of 3 Point shooting clashes with what has been our "core philosophy" over the past few years. Russ is a far cry from the eye-popping efficiency of Chris Paul, but his midrange shooting numbers lately have been around average for players of his volume. If he can maintain his recent play and continue shooting at an average-to-slightly above average clip from midrange, I think that we'll have the potential to be successful in the postseason.

We know Harden will bounce back, and I feel confident that the minutes restriction will help rehabilitate PJ's numbers. If Westbrook continues playing this way, and if House and Gordon can return to high-30% three-point shooting, I'll feel good about our chances heading to the playoffs. That's a lot of IF's, but I don't feel as doom & gloom about things as some people around here do.

Reeko likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

nope...now move along

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

thank goodness they told wb to stop shooting 3's and long jumpers. that's one of the biggest knocks on his fit here for sure. credit to him for actually buying into this. definitely not easy to accept and willingly change when someone tells you to cut something out at this stage of your career. half a season left. lets see what happens

Easy, napalm06 and mikol13 like this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have been surprisingly satisfied as well. He’s played much smarter and is the only player on the team who consistently brings it night after night. I appreciate that and have come around to him. The trade was still very dumb because of how many assets we gave away for what is, at best, a marginal upgrade at the position, but what’s done is done, so I guess whatever.

Still worried about what he’ll do in the playoffs given his track record, but his recent uptick in smarter play is reason for optimism.

ElDobleK, napalm06 and Reeko like this.
  17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Okay. I'll move along now, but I'll be back.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

Was this an optimistic, somewhat positive post from J Sizzle?? One regarding Russ at that?? This must be an alternate reality @Os Trigonum :eek:

B-Bob, Os Trigonum and J Sizzle like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He has been the Westbrook we hoped he would be in the past month.

At the same time, the price we paid to get him means we can't improve much of anything anymore.

Tough pills.

Easy and J Sizzle like this.