1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. prospecthugger

The report indicated that there wasn't any cheating in 2019 when Springer had a career year, and Correa was on pace for a 6+ win season. I'm not sure the value on those guys is down.

2. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Their value is down due to the reputation hit. Any team that trades for Correa or Springer is going to catch hell from fans for trading for a known cheater.

3. prospecthugger

I don't think that's a big deal. None of the remaining players were specifically named in the report, so there's room for the team to claim that they weren't heavily involved or whatever. Teams value winning, and there's not too many superstar players available right now. Fanbases will welcome them with open arms as soon as they see them in spring training.

jklb, The Beard, lw17 and 1 other person like this.
  4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

no they won’t.

The Beard and lw17 like this.
  5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

After you make a statement like this, I have serious concerns about anything you will post in the future that tries to pass off as "analysis"...

The Beard, lw17, crose and 1 other person like this.
  6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Anyone going to Astros Fan Fest this Saturday? I got my free vouchers a few weeks ago. I always like attending the speaker sessions (players, coaches, broadcasters) in the Diamond Club. Those might have a weird vibe if they continue to allow fans to ask questions during those sessions.

7. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

cool, guy.

astros123 likes this.
  8. raining threes

I dont think these players value is at an all time low at all. I'm for keeping Correa now and hoping Correa/Altuve/Bregs/Alvarez/Springer have MVP type yrs. It very well could happen.

With a little luck Urquidy/Whitley could become future studs for this rotation and in the future. This is why I'm not for making trades until the deadline. The young guys may have Wacha/Buehler type rookie seasons.

9. raining threes

Who give a Fvck what the national media thinks.

BTW, I'm glad Osuna is on this team

Kiss the ring and hopefully despite what all Manfred/Owners are doing to bring the Stros org down there will be many more to come. Talent is there, just gotta find the next Luhnow to run the show.

10. raining threes

You think fans care about this ****, they wont if say Correa is traded and it helps their team win. There may be a few fans out tere that think like you do but they are few and far between.

The Beard and everyday eddie like this.
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

I have tickets to go but dont know if I'll go though. Seems like a very precarious situation. Going to be awkward as fk in my opinion. Ive gone previous years and it was mostly kids and families. I wonder if that will change now that the investigation is complete.

VanityHalfBlack and marks0223 like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am having second thoughts. Last year, they had a Fan Forum segment with Bregman and Kemp that was great. This year, Tucker, Stubbs, and James may be the most interesting session. Biagini is in the Biggest Moments of 2019 group. Was Devo not available?

14. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Terrible take. Not the case at all.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Just have a couple of thoughts on the Astros and the disastrous situation they put our city through.
    1. why werent any players punished for this?? Players were culpable for this bull ****.
    2. The sports industry and the lapdog media needs to get off their high horse. The hypocrisy of MLB and other pro sports organizations is just astounding. Cheating happens on a daily basis in sports. Its how betting lines are set in Vegas. Inside information send to a select few which result in billions made off of an "educated guess". And to the hypocritical players that are speaking now in the media, often have some dark secrets that just havent come out yet. This problem wasnt just a Houston Astros problem, but they were stupid enough to get caught.
    3. I believe that the Astros would likely have been forced to vacate their title if it wasnt for the Cardinals screwing around with our franchise.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Players tend not to cooperate if they fear punishment.

There was never any chance they were gonna be forced to vacate their title.

The Beard and kaleidosky like this.
  18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

F@CK does that WS loss to the Nationals hurt that much more, as if it wasn't painful enough without this **** show of a scandal.

19. Jeremy Williams

I have been thinking--what would all this have felt like if we HAD won the WS this year?

dmoneybangbang and htwnbandit like this.
  20. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

the same... but with 2 championships!

elrond, JayGoogle, htwnbandit and 4 others like this.