1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook is making Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Loneyroy7, Jan 8, 2020.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

on off splits are a terrible way to gauge two players impact on their team. by this you could say the 2016 cavs would be better off without kyrie irving, but as we all know that is not the case. you guys trying to pull the same crap with the rockets cant see the forest for the trees.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Clutch can you please edit my title?

"Westbrook is making Harden better". That's all I need. Thank you.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

So what you're saying is the Rockets/Harden are much better offensively when Westbrook is playing next to him, just don't look at the data that would show that exact information. Got it.

jordnnnn likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Rockets have one of the top 5 man lineups in the league, which includes Westbrook. We score the most ppg and have the highest scoring duo since Kobe and shaq. Most importantly we are .5 game out of 2 seed despite not having a full roster all year. that's the data you need to be paying attention to. I see you also did not respond to my point about LeBron and Kyrie.

PhiSlamma15, roslolian and vlaurelio like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't like Westbrook, but as a Rockets fan, I of course hope that the OP turns out to be right...but it remains to be seen. Let's see what we can do in the playoffs. I guess chemistry matters.

IF Westbrook can just contain his stupid urges, this could work out. I'll support the Rockets no matter what.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Westbrook is a knucklehead. We lost about 50 IQ points when we traded Chris Paul for him. I cringe every time he makes a boneheaded turnover, takes an ill-advised shot, or blows a dunk.

However, I’m willing to admit that I have a bias for smart players like CP, and perhaps I don’t give enough credit to what Russ contributes through effort, speed, and talent. You can make that case with numbers. I just don’t think these are the numbers.

Easy, BaselineFade, Clutch and 4 others like this.
  7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Why you gotta be like Cp3 and be so toxic all the time? Be careful people don't ship you out like how Harden shipped out Cp3 lol.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

This thread is awesome, I should read the GARM more often.

hakeem94 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

That's true but IF this team had Ariza/Moute like that 65 win team I think it would be better than that one

#69 PhiSlamma15, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    steddinotayto and hakeem94 like this.
  10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I was thinking the same thing. Best thread of the season so far

hakeem94 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  11. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Why don't you admit you've been wrong this season about the Westbrook trade....said it was a bad move which robbed our future, team looks nothing like previous 2 seasons blah blah blah....It's okay to admit this is turning out better than u expected. Chris is playing better but to act like this team isn't better or at least on par with last year's shows you all you need

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

If you see another one like this in the future, please let me know. I'll do the same.

hakeem94 and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  13. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

ok cool shall do:)

14. EurostepHarde

EurostepHarde Member

I'll be waiting for the playoffs to judge wether the team is actually better with Westbrook rather than CP3, let's not forget most of those games were 2nd games of back to back games and that could explain the drop, it's not like Westbrook help stretch the floor or Harden is getting more assisted shots through Westbrook.

BeBreezy, clutchdabear and DeBeards like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a Win Win.

CP3 is also playing very well without Harden, at least in the regular season.

No need to pile on him, history is past tense.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2779/chris-paul

DeBeards likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

KD wasn't his best self that year, and he still put up numbers.

It is debatable, but sure, they were a close second even without that hammy injury.

I do not think they had the best shooters, even with CP3, Ariza and others were very inconsistent shooters, they had 0-10, 0-15 nights.

CP3 willed us to wins against Wolves and Jazz, and of course he is going to be hampered by injury, he would have picked up an injury in the Finals with the minutes that he played in regular season.

Given his injury history with the Clippers.

Not sure you can win with that. Even against Cleveland. (Too much unknown to 100% be sure about a ship without CP3 injury)

#76 daywalker02, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Are you out of your mind? We stomp the Cavs with or without him.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nope, Lebron averaged like a lot of ppg, recalled he was a beast. Had some 50 point triple double games.

It would have been close, JR Smith made a dumb error in the clutch, it turned some of the momentum in the first Finals games.

The game was very close.

Playoffs are a different monster, that's why people like Ariza are missing so many shots , every possession is intense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

One game? Did you not watch the rest of the series?

They lost by over 16 points per game.

The Cavs got pushed to 7 by Indiana and Boston. They sucked for a finals team.

We beat them with CP3 and without Harden too.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m laughing at fchump trying to act like some victim...like anyone should waste time debating the content of his garbage troll posts...the lack of self-awareness from some people is alarming

Honestly tho, do u really put no stock at all in what OP is saying? That Russ really might be having a positive influence on Harden? The sample size without Russ is small, but the difference is pretty significant. Harden playing like he was last night actually had me missing Russ out there to at least increase tempo and try to create for others since Harden was in “hold the ball and brick” mode playing very nonchalantly.

T for 3 and hakeem94 like this.