1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook's legendary 3rd quarter against 76ers(lowlights included)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by psaman17, Jan 4, 2020.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I got this feeling that if we don't win the championship this year, a "Rockets fan" will make a Westbrook lowlight video that blows up over social media and create a false narrative that will follow him until he retires, very much like Harden's "defense" video.

Rockets fans really love to self sabotage our own star players.

2. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Oh come on. He made some important plays in the 4th that helped fuel the victory besides Harden’s greatness. As long he accepts as being the 2nd or even 3rd star in a team, which he seems to have adjusted so far, its all good. Most importantly, team is winning.

3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Are there any stats out there for missed dunks and layups? If anyone keeps up with this, and they should, I am guessing Westbrook is in first place and it is not even close. Why he misses so many is anyone's guess. I hope he figures it out before playoff time.

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

he's a player that relies on his athleticism and he's still recovering from the knee injury. he's probably not getting the lift he's used to

D-rock likes this.
  5. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

yea his 3 missed dunks and still winning is still more entertaining than watching CP3/Harden stupid state farm commercials. Not entertaining

D-rock likes this.
  6. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Or maybe the broken fingers on both hands? He seems to hit the midrange at an acceptable percentage. I am just concerned with all the missed gimmes at the bucket. More often than not they end up being momentum killers for us and rally starters for the other team it seems. He is entertaining though sometimes not in a good way.

7. psaman17

psaman17 Member

No his mid range is terrible.

33% from 3-10 feet
    38% from 10-16 feet
    37% from 17 feet- 3point line

38% from 2s is equivalent to 25% from 3s
    Its atrocious. Chris Paul, he is not.

8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

That is pretty bad. I crappy midrange just does not resonate and influence the flow of the game like a missed layup or dunk. Even though we won the game the missed dunks from a couple of days ago and all of the missed layups throughout the season are sticking with me regarding Westbrook. Even Clint Capela hits most of his dunks and layups. At the pro level shouldn't we expect even a scrub off the bench to make 80 - 90 percent of their dunks and layups?

tycoonchip likes this.
  9. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Like you said his miss dunks sticks out like a sore dumb. We remember his spectacular misses. But in reality Westbrook is still a potent finisher near the rim. Its his only valuable skill on offense besides passing.

My biggest issue with Westbrooks isn't miss dunks or layups. Those are sometimes funny to poke at. Its his decision making that's infuriating.

For instance, the play where he threw the inbound pass at a sixers back which resulted in a turnover was just pure stupidity.(dude was standing 10 feet away.....) He compounded that stupidity by making another bad inbound pass just one minute later. Serious lack of IQ and self awareness on display there.

jordnnnn likes this.
  10. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I dont' get how can you be a fan and dedicate this much energy to something that clearly does not help anyone. I guess it's funny for some people to mock our players.

I'm the biggest Westbrook critic, but the guy decided to come here, and you could argue that by accepting the pecking order and trying to dominate that spaces where Harden is resting, he already has elevated the ceiling on our team. Dwight demanded post ups, CP3 needed passing and movement to increase his powers. None was going to happen here with James.

I still have my doubts, but there are moments when you can see it working. Let's see how it goes when it matters.

D-rock, hakeem94 and 1Deep like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is frustrating often. But y’all are making him sound like Stromile Swift.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

The fact we were still up by 14 is absolutely amazing. This is preview to what will happen once he loses his explosiveness. He's already lost his shot and his turnovers are comical. However, his tenacity, rebounding, and hussle on D is what keeps him in the allstar conversation. Bottom line he has to play smarter basketball...

13. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I agree but James is worse. Matter of fact, the whole team operates off this premise. Make a mistake, trot back or not at all!

14. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

But he and Harden are the second highest scoring duo?

D-rock likes this.