1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Understood. Just remember that the Knicks front office just gave away an untouchable "unicorn" just last year. Never under estimate the Knicks FO.

2. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

Capela + House + fillers + 2 first-round picks for Towns + Convington

matchesmalone likes this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Any chances to keep our starters to get love or towns? I think the existing team still able to get championship this year. The current problem is in small forward and bench players only.
    We just need to think about how to beat bucks and Lakers are enough. both teams have strong forward players

matchesmalone likes this.
  4. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

No. The bench is made up of minimum salary players and they have to match salaries in a trade. Play around on any nba trade machine and you will find this out.

5. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Kuzma?
    We have a few guys on our roster who Im sure the Lakers would take a look at, including a few picks. Not sure if the Lakers would trade him to us, but he’d fit in nicely on this team.

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I suggested Rivers and a first for Kuzma on the last page. The Rockets aren’t going to help out the Lakers and the Lakers aren’t going to help out the Rockets so it won’t happen. If Kuzma is traded then it will likely be to an Eastern conference team.

saleem likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rivers has vet min w/veto option. Stupid to get rid of vet who took less to stay with team.

Bad precedent.

8. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

It was a random idea that I didn’t put a ton of thought into. Obviously they wouldn’t be able to do it without his ok. The situation changed after he signed his deal (Westbrook trade). I don’t think he is too happy with his current role and wouldn’t mind going to a contender where he could have more of a role. All hypothetical and I was just looking for the best player the Rockets could offer the Lakers. IMO the best route with Rivers is to S&T him to an eastern contender during this offseason. Parties would have to agree all around for that to happen but it would be the best way to get that middle salary trade chip that the Rockets need.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not saying you were stupid, just would not look good for Rockets to push this trade.

I have not heard that Rivers unhappy.

DM'sVP likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

Maybe the Nets...
    In: Jordan, Wilson, & Claxton
    Out: Capela

Nets get super Capela

We cash in on Capela’s insanely good play of late to round out the team by bringing in a hometown hero in Jordan —> more minutes to Hartenstien, an aged glue guy in Wilson —> MDA would play —> Tucker playing time goes down. and youth with size and upside in Claxton.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

Cash in what exactly? Declining DeAndre, washed Chandler and a guy like Claxton that still has to learn how to play basketball? No thanks, that's literally giving up a top 10 center in the league for free.

topfive, D-rock and saleem like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

He said in a post game interview that he is trying to expand his role on the team. He can’t be happy only getting 10 minutes per game. Especially with the sacrifice he made in the offseason.

Vivi and mikol13 like this.
  14. Sanity2disChaos

Gordon unfortunately is the perfect trade piece if we could.

his spot needs to go to an athletic wing that’s long.

sigh.

I don’t think you trade the best big man that can switch on all 5 positions in the league and seems to got his legs and wind. I think this is our team fellas!!

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'll be surprised if we improve via trade too. I think we'll just be waiting to see what the buyout market is like. Hope the SF/PF equivalent to an Austin Rivers shakes loose.

Sanity2disChaos and fattz like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Fixed it for ya ....

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Probably wouldn't need to include our first, since it saves New York some cash. Gibson has had a bad year, but was excellent his two years prior in Minny. I am thinking it is just the toxic environment in New York. He is a great defender and a decent rebounder, two areas where we could stand some improvement. And in my opinion, we need more big men for certain matchups.

Westy / Rivers / Clemmons
    Harden / Gordon
    House / McLemore / Howard
    Tucker / Gibson
    Capela / Harty

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

+ a pick to Detroit

Harden / Rose / Rivers / Clemmons
    House / Gordon
    Tucker / McLemore / Howard
    Love /
    Drummond / Harty / Chandler

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Looks tempting on paper but the chance of injury to one or all in the near future is almost certain.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure that equates to wanting to be traded.

Rivers loves playing with Beard, for MDA and the Rockets, he has stated this often and unequivocally.