1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] WandaVision (Vision and Scarlet Witch)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Marvel's 'Vision and Scarlet Witch' Series Lands 'Captain Marvel' Writer (Exclusive)
    [​IMG]
    Courtesy of Marvel Studios; Getty Images
    'Avengers: Infinity War' (Inset: Jac Schaeffer)
    Captain Marvel movie, has been tapped to run point on the series that will focus on the two characters that are integral members of the Avengers. She will pen the pilot and executive produce, say sources.

Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are expected to star in the series, reprising the roles they originated on the big screen.

Marvel, which likes to operate its development under a shield of secrecy, is known to be working on several series that will debut on Disney+. Other known series will focus on Loki, the god of mischief played by Tom Hiddleston, and a team-up of Falcon and Winter Soldier, the heroes played by Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, respectively. Malcolm Spellman (Empire) has been hired to write the latter effort.

Vision and Scarlet Witch are some of Marvel Comics’ most enduring characters, with a (sometime) tender love story binding the two through many decades. Vision is a synthezoid who was created by Ulton, one of the Avengers’ greatest enemies, and is a being who longs for human understanding. Scarlet Witch, whose alter ego is Wanda Maximoff, has various sorcery abilities. The pair have headlined several comics miniseries with their relationship featuring several twisty turns: The two were married and had two kids, which in a later storyline were later revealed to be figments of her imagination. Vision also later created his own android family.

For Schaeffer, the deal to run Vision and Scarlet Witch strengthens her ties to Marvel. In addition to working on Captain Marvel, she also penned the screenplay for Black Widow, Marvel’s movie project centering on the Avengers character played by Scarlett Johansson, which is due to shoot later this year. She also co-wrote the Disney short Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.

Schaeffer is repped by Verve.

2. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I still don't like the "Wandavision" name...it sounds like a bad European musical contest...but I love these two characters, so I can't wait to see what they do here.

I'm hearing rumors of a return of Ultron, or the use of Agatha Harkness or the High Evolutionary.

The latter is also rumored for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: Thor Eats a Salad.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Wandavision has been pushed up on the Disney+ schedule. It will now debut in 2020 giving the streaming network two MCU series for this year.

This is supposed to build into the next Dr. Strange movie.

4. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Anyone else burned out from Marvel?

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

I find it fun. I’m excited for more.

6. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

Same.

As long as it is done well and keeps me entertained I'll be back for more.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Should I assume Disney+ signups are not up to expectations and that's why they are doing this?

8. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

I think many people cancelled now that Mandalorian is over.

9. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I think that people may have canceled after the Mandalorian and they realized that they need more regular, original content to maintain subscribers.

There is also the talk that this show's ties to Dr. Strange and the expanded Marvel Multiverse may be pushing things forward a bit more quickly.

But yeah, I'm thinking that it is mostly subscribers.

10. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

It does balance out well, though. Better than before.

2020 - Falcon & Winter Soldier, Wandavision
    2021 - Loki, What If?, Hawkeye
    Unscheduled - Moon Knight, She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel

Two in 2020 is better than four in 2021.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

vision is super boring and so does scarlet witch. will give this a shot cus scawitch is hot.

tinman likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Looking forward to it. . .

Rocket River

13. Xerobull

14. droxford

droxford Member

I don't understand.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That's how I felt after seeing it.....HUH?....

I think it's Scarlet Witch going crazy

16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I was watching the first Avenger movie when Scarlet Witch had a Russian accent and realized that the accent magically disappeared in the next movies. Thought that was pretty funny and a pretty big gaff on the movie makers and actress' part.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think she can fake any accent. It's part of her shtick. She's a SPY. If you want to complain about that, Halle Berry's Storm is up your alley.

18. Xerobull

In the comics she’s one of the most powerful characters. She can change reality. If you watch the end battle in Endgame she is beating Thanos one on one until he tells his ship to bombard the battlefield.

Also in the comics she creates an entire reality then strips millions of mutants of their powers.

So yeah, she’s nuts and is trying to recreate her man.

She’s also reportedly a big part of the next Dr Strange movie, Multiverse of Madness.

19. Xerobull

Not a gaff, on purpose for some reason we don’t know yet. Or maybe she just learned the American accent. It happens- I had a boss from Germany who had been here since High School and you barely heard it.

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hope this is an early indication that the Scarlet Witch is about to have a mental breakdown from losing Vision and is hellbent on creating a reality where he’s alive. This would then be a very distorted reality that sets up a storyline similar to the one in the comics that leads to an Avengers vs X-Men showdown.