1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Witcher series on Netflix confirmed!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRedRanger, May 17, 2017.

1. mikus

mikus Member

Jaskier is the Bard's original Polish name. It means Buttercup in Polish but when they translated to English they decided to call him Dandelion instead. Either way, he's a great character.

superfob and NotInMyHouse like this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

Loved the show. Only played Witcher 3 and loved it. I had a number of wanks to yennefer the game character so i was looking forward to her. The girl they cast as yennefer is the worst thing about the show for me. They blew it on her. She looks like one of those basic stuck up persian girls. Not feeling her at all.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

9/10 loved it. Hopefully the pos critics that don’t have anything better to do don’t sink this like altered carbon

NotInMyHouse and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you play the DLCs?
    Also I think it's impossible to finish all the side quests of the main game, you would have to play forever.

5. myco

myco Contributing Member

Haven't played the game or read the books. I didn't find it particularly hard to follow, but I'm inclined to enjoy fantasy to begin with. The show isn't without its flaws (I think the pacing and tone can be off at times), but overall immensely enjoyable. It makes me wonder what some of these critics are watching to give such low ratings.

6. Beezy

Beezy Member

The critic for Entertainment Weekly skipped from episode 1 to 5 and then gave the show an F after not watching most of it.

I just finished the show and enjoyed it quite a bit. You could actually see what was happening in the final battle so that's a big plus.

Plenty of room for improvement to make the 2nd season better. It sounds like they're redesigning the Nilfgaard scrote armor so that's good. I think half of the fan complaints could have been prevented if they had just swapped the actors for Renfri and Triss.

NotInMyHouse, tinman and arkoe like this.
  7. myco

myco Contributing Member

I don't have any connection to the source material so I don't know how either character compares in that sense. But I will say Renfri made a bigger impression on me than Triss in the show.

tinman likes this.
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Good production but it feels like it needs 2 more episodes to complete the season arc, and thus ends a bit disappointingly.

Nilfgaard seems like an unstoppable force. How did Fringilla manage to be stronger than a clan of mages? I understand she uses dark magic but she still seems too OP.

Especially compared to Yennefer who Tissaia talked up having potential to be one of the most powerful mages. Yen didn't seem to do much the whole season.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I was aware of the games but never played them and I didn't know they were based on books.

I thought it was just OK. Not great or even necessarily that good, but I ended up watching the whole thing which means it wasn't that bad either.

6.5/10.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Good show, but some of the casting choices are baffling.

Yen actress isn't the best fit but at least plays her role well, so most fans like her.

But wtf did they do with Triss, the actress is incredibly bland (opposed to source Triss) and looks completely different. I'm not a fan of the sjw bashing many do, but in this case it seems a bit accurate.

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

12. tinman

Supporting Member

She’s suppose to be hot . Even if they casted a different race they are suppose to get someone to rival Yen.
    Look at game of thrones
    [​IMG]

Not sold on frangilla either
    She seems like she’s overacting

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'd be fine with her playing every female role in the show. :oops:

tinman likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

Ciri for next season
    [​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

But must be with Alexis Texas or Xtina Hendricks.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

This is next on my list to watch...My gf binged watched this with her family and loved it...I have no idea what this series is about and would rather watch it going in with no expectations...

18. omgTHEpotential

Is this affirmative action or what.

Jontro likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Any other fantasy series would be getting woke/SJW/PC calls from the fan boys, but since that Entertainment Weekly review was so scathing and horribly bad, they had to pick a lane and it is absolutely hilarious!

If The Witcher was getting positive critical reviews the amount of woke/SJW/PC flinging would have been at a crescendo online for this type of race bending. #notmyfringilla would have trended.

I love it. LMAO!

#79 DreamShook, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    jiggyfly and Rocket River like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

She's mixed but she still has red hair. lol.

The bad critics reviews made Witcher fans prop up the show instead of tear it down for something they would bury any other fantasy show for. It's fascinating and hilarious.

Rocket River likes this.