1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many Of You Guys Miss Kubiak?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by pgabriel, Dec 23, 2019.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

This is your bias showing.. Hyde for rankin has been overwhelmingly seen as a great trade. My friends are chiefs fans, Rankin is only starting due to injury. We had Miller go down. Rankin was sucking. You bashing this trade is just trying to make your argument seem stronger. Hyde is top 8 in rushing this year haha.

No Worries likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The Patriots are unreal in their Super Bowl appearances. In Kubiak's defense he also had to deal with Manning and the Steelers.

Im sure everyone wishes their team had the Patriots discipline. In reality every team has its Denver moments except seemingly the Patriots.

I have my issues with BoB. I dont understand why things are falling apart in Fuller's absence is my main issue as many others im sure. I would like to see Akins and Fells get more throws. But the team wins. Yes i want to see more

houstonstime likes this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Seen by whom? Hyde is just a replacement level rb. And he's a free agent next year.

Guard depth from a guy who is still in his rookie deal for several more years is extremely valuable.

He's starting because of injury? Exactly.

Obrien seems to be the only coach who has guys like Chris Clark as his depth in case of injury because of stupid trades like this.

4. Mr. Clutch

This is basically the defense of O'Brien. Some other teams suck. Some other coaches lose in embarrassing fashion. So lower your expectations. If you give credit to obrien for the job crennel has done, wow he's in the top half of the afc (lol)

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So when the defense is good, it’s crennell, and when it’s bad, it’s BOB because he needs to fire crennell? Ok, got it.

edit: it’s not just some teams. It’s MOST teams. Some teams fans would kill for a first round exit every year compared to what they have.

6. Mr. Clutch

I never said Bob needs to fire crennel. Clearly the defense is bad because of dumb moves like the clowney trade

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

He proved it by going to an entirely different organization/team...
    What guarantee is that he would have got the same results with the texans?

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whats the point? One post you're saying defense is saving overrated so called offensive guru

Next post you say this. Stop being childish and silly about it. You get called out on your Hyde trade stupidity and you just keep going and going. Really you're ruining your reputation only

raining threes and houstonstime like this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

I don't understand the first point.

We're talking about Carlos Hyde here. He's nothing special.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Hyde is better than Lamar Miller. So there is that.

DatRocketFan and pgabriel like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What makes him better? (Except for the obvious that he is healthy) In 2 more games he will have marginally more yards than Miller did last year and less yards per touch. The same amount of TDs ( or perhaps one more).

12. SemisolidSnake

No, I don't miss Kubiak. I was more than glad to see him go. AND I don't think the Texans ever have a chance of winning the Super Bowl with BO'B at the helm. If this were the GARM, no I'm not thrilled with Russell Westbrook's three-point shooting. AND I don't miss Chris Paul and/or want him back. I also think if the Rockets actually pull off a championship, it will be in spite of MDA, not in any part because of him.

And, most importantly, NO, I don't have solutions to these identified problems, and, no, that doesn't mean I have to accept the superiority of some previous or current configuration simply because I don't.

13. Mr. Clutch

He is better for this system for sure.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Does it matter? Miller is out. I can understand Mr Clutch stupidly complaining about getting Hyde. But why are you arguing about what Miller could do? He can't do ish right not. Thats not up for debate. Good lord

15. bobrek

Did you read what I responded to? I am curious as to why he thinks Hyde is better than Miller. Why shouldn't I be allowed to ask a question? I'm not complaining about the trade or about Hyde's performance.

raining threes likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Okay.

Edit: i am a Miller fan. I didn't realize Miller had a higher yards per average. I would not argue Hyde is better after reviewing

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

My lame answer:

When they handoff to Hyde, I am more hopeful of the outcome. The OL is dramatically better this year versus last, so my lame eye/gut test may be colored by that. Running between the tackles this year seems to be better than last? Running in the red zone this year seems to better?

pgabriel likes this.
  18. bobrek

I have absolutely no problem with the "eye test" fan evaluations. :)

raining threes and No Worries like this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Miller is a rich man's Duke Johnson. Or at least worse. If the Texans used him to run outside the tackles and catch passes out of the backfield he would have been a lot more effective.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Wow, come on. Top 10 league rushing. But a little 2nd string guard depth in case of injury is better than that?

Its not so easy to just throw in any replacement level player, despite those Kubiak / Arian Foster years fresh on our minds. No rusher in the top 25 is a FA scrap heap pickup.

houstonstime likes this.