1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/25/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2019.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No. They call me a troll for speaking unpopular truths, something idiots like can't fathom. Did you see the video? I rest my case

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

DD, I’m sorry, but you are becoming a troll. We all know you’re not a Westbrook fan, but these days you are just lurking around and waiting for a loss to crap on the team. They were bad today, but it’s disingenuous to act like they have been bad all season.

3. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

mda tried putting in different players to receive the ball at the top of the key after the harden double. i saw house, clint, russ, pj at different times receiving that pass off of the double. they all were given the opportunity to create... but nothing came of it. house and russ were shooting midrange shots and bricking them or running into 3 players and losing the ball. u had rivers and mclemore in the corners open for 3 all day long and russ couldn't hit them with a pass one time.

this is where u just miss cp3 so much. he always made the right pass when it counted.

it was bad decision making by key players today.

fckbandwagons, BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know you guys are asking for adjustments, but I mean, how much easier can basketball get with 4 on 3 basketball? Harden is being doubled up at half court, therefore, his team has all the the space in the world to actually get a wide open shot. They get a wide open shot the majority of the time, so how is this bad offense? What, you want them to do what Westbrook does and step in and brick mid-range shots? Lol.

I know y'all want to blame somebody, but it's hard to put this one on Mike. He could of called all the time outs in the world and he still wouldn't have been able to shoot for these guys.

On the defensive end, it is clearly an effort issue because the Rockets have proven they can play lock down defense when they feel like it. Mike needs to do a better job getting effort out of these guys, but how many times can he say "play harder!!!"

I don't know, maybe my mind is too simple and sometimes I just see a team beating themselves. That's not to say Mike D doesn't have his faults (I have an issue with his minutes distribution and lack of rotations), but Rockets pretty much killed themselves today.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Absolutely most embarrassing loss this season

In no way Rockets can win championship like this.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why not try Harden playing off the ball running around screens?

7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

How often do you see Harden driving to draw the defense on him and then making passes to the 3 point shooters nowadays? Comparing to the numbers guarded step back 3s?

8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

thank you. this is pretty much it.

Patience likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden just shut himself down completely when their scrubs starting to double team him.

He just gave up.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Haven't watched the game yet, but this isn't a great look on this possession. Not quite "The Toronto Game" but...

#1130 Haymitch, Dec 25, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

exactly, he tried to run the same exact ISO offense, but w/ the non-harden players in the rotation. expecting capela/house/tucker/etc to create at the top of the key is something even an 8 year old little league bball player would laugh at literally ROTFLHAO. again, we are getting zero parades with commander pringles in the driver's seat

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We don't have to agree to disagree on that because that's not what I said. All I said is that the refs too should be judged by their performance, they should not get an excuse just because a team didn't play up to its level.

That's what people ALWAYS do, give the refs an excuse because a team didn't do something right.

13. Caprah

Caprah Member

Go back on log on as texasasianfan. Troll

fckbandwagons likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

Harden does the Mcgrady Toronto game impression multiple times a game. Some posters here say it's by design to generate more spacing. I don't buy it. I think it's just being lazy.

15. farhen

farhen Member

Laughingstock
    Team Pretender's
    Get embarrassed on national TV
    Well deserved. Bravo. Cheers y'all

16. HP3

HP3 Member

So you are hoping for a stylistic change to our offense? Instead of hoping our NBA PRO BASKETBALL PLAYERS CAN HIT WIDE OPEN LOOOKS, yea sounds great dude sure lol

My point is that we have no need for that because our guys SHOULD BE ABLE TO HIT OPEN LOOKS. We are playing strengths of our roster. Sure there will be times when we need off ball cutting and stuff for good defense, but agains the Warriors and DOUBLES .....miss me with that stuff, Im not hearing it.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not sure how this is on Mike unless we're saying he tells player to walk and stand there on the court instead of run and move...that's just James and how he plays at times, which is just bad tbh, like he was overall in this game for me, he had his numbers offensivley because he can pretty much score whenver he wants, but his defense, energy and mindset from the start were absolutely awful, he literally rolled a carped and let scrubs score for free without even trying at least a handful of times in this game, good luck having a team playing defense if you as the leader come out with that mindset.

Mike wasn't good either btw, aside for the rotation thing which is something i'm tired to talk about at this point, some players get benched for missing like one shot, others will still be out there no matter what even if they make mistake after mistake for 20 minutes, he just rolls with who he likes and whatever.

Anyhow, embarassing loss, evertime these kind of games happen they brought me back the idea that this team just doesn't have what it takes to be a championship team, cause you can always lose, even against bad teams, but how often and how it happens to the Rockets just doesn't look good to me, they just don't look like a team on a mission, they just don't look like the 2017/18 team.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Cause he is apparently Lazy.............o_O

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

People said MJ developed the fade away when he was getting older so he get to the rim less.

If you compare Harden’s step back 3 is more of the same to extend his career, I will agree.

But you will never see MJ playing this kind of style of lazy basketball in his whole career.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

Can't find another reason honestly.