1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2019.

1. AXG

AXG Member

Good thing is the Rockets probably won't see the Spurs in the Playoffs. Otherwise, they'd sweep us

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Its happening!!!!

hakeem94 and roxallways like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Aldridge is Capela’s daddy

I was getting T-Jones flashbacks all half

hakeem94, lionaire and bj3175 like this.
  4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Harden has his money. He don't care about the fans @J.R.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Our season is about done in my opinion. Even if we make the playoffs we ain't making it far. We're getting destroyed by the worst Spurs team in years.

This is by far Harden's worse game in years. If he doesn't turn up in the first 5 minutes in the 3rd quarter, just drop him to the bench. He's just not as focused tonight.

smp and PeterKingX like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

They really aren't incredibly rare or else his 3pt percentage would be higher than 35%. He has absurdly bad shooting nights about once a week.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Mr. Space City

I can deal with harden missing shots. Every player misses shots.

But the lazy unforced turnovers, not running back on defense, and not contesting shots is unacceptable.

smp and DreamShook like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Pop has James Harden's soul. The guy doesn't look like he wants to play tonite. Reminds me of game 6 when Harden quit on us

PeterKingX, J.R., smp and 2 others like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Exactly.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yeah . . . you should definitely be GM

hakeem94, jcf, juanm34 and 1 other person like this.
  11. macan

macan Member

time to rebuild...

rockets11206 likes this.
  12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Even the assistant coach on the interview looks rattled. Unacceptable and nowhere contender status. The organization has empowered our (lazy) players too much.

You can´t have 2 superstars not doing the small things in defense and then pretending is everyone else´s fault. Embarrasing effort, say what you want about the losses and the years of mediocrity, but we never stopped caring like we do sometimes with all this talent.

Very bad moment, but tonight is an insult to the working people showing up like this to work.

13. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Yea but that's exaclty why the team isn't that good. If harden has 25 first half points the team is up 10+, when Westbrook has 25 points we don't function as well. Partly due to his horrific body language and D but our team is completely reliant on one guy scoring 50+ and getting others engaged every night, whether that's doubles giving others open looks or him scoring 30-40 ppg. I just don't find this sustainable.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you know what they say about opinions

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. PWR

PWR Member

Dont forget Chandler. He fell off the face of the earth. Longest flu I've ever heard of.

16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Fertitta needs crowds to service his debt. Trading Harden and Westbrook won't bring crowds in. Moreover, I think he cans Morey before even thinking of moving WB.

That said, this is awful. I easily can see Fertitta pulling the flush handle on MDA's continued tenure here. And Morey after the trade deadline. This is not sustainable.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Talking about the one legged 3 pointer in the half time all access but I haven't even seen Harden attempt that shot since the second game. Has he? I recall him missing two and then it never appearing again.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

At least the saints are destroying the dolts :)

19. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I'm afraid to say that even with Gordon back, this team has no shot to compete for the title as currently constructed. They're seriously lacking length & get almost no production from the forward position. Their offense is way too inconsistent/gimicky & defense is meh.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

They didn't quit since they didn't care from the start, and i actually think they can come back in the second half, but this team doesn't have the guts and leadership that championship teams have imo, i hope i'm wrong.