1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you care how we look?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Dec 4, 2019.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

The basket controversy from last night.

The whole China thing in the preseason.

The complaining about officiating (pretty much every game) but especially in the playoff series with GS last season.

We have to be the most hated team in sports.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

In Sports? In town? no, that title goes to the cheating Astros but in basketball yes.

4. Section123row16seat1

No

it will make a title that much sweeter

although a title is very unlikely

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Hell no I don't care.

HP3 and Y2JT like this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

As far as complaining about officiating I think we have done a good job not complaining. Westbrook in particular I think was one of the leaders in techs last year and even got suspended he got so many for constantly getting after the officials. As a team we have been a lot less demonstrative. We calmly speak our peace and move on for the most part. People have made up their mind on the rockets/harden/mike D and nothing is going to change it. So in that sense no I don’t care. I wish James wouldn’t hook his defenders arm and trick the officials into a call as much but we need everything we can get. If they are going to call it then we have to use it to our advantage.

charlieaustin likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Anyone who says we're poor sports for screaming about the "basket controversy" is a f%$king idiot.

We scored 2 points, the refs disallowed the bucket, we were tied and went into OT when we should've won by 2.

No real basketball fans would remain silent if that happened to their own team.

#7 topfive, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

People ALREADY hated us. Now they're just laughing at us.

9. macan

macan Member

love being the villain.
    us against the world, bring it on!

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He wouldn’t be able to hook his arms If defenders weren’t touching him illegally in the first place.

11. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

No of course not. I'm not looking for adoration as a fan of a team. I want Chips, as many as I can get before my old ass dies. I got better things to do in life then worry anout what some f*cking hosers think about my favorite team(s) and their fans.

12. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Not sure who you are really asking since I'm just a fan and have no control over the image of the team. Maybe you should ask Morey or Fertitta.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Lol no sometimes he creates reach and hook his arm in before the defender knows what is happening. I’ve have watched slow motion of his this many times. It’s only about once a game if that. But it doesn’t matter because refs ignore other fouls on him a couple of times a game simply because of the league emphasis on speeding the game up and not making it a free throw contest. It more than balances out but casual fans will only focus on him getting away with a hook and say that’s all he does and pretend like he’s not a great player only good at tricking officials.

14. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

People hate us anyway so I don't care about how we look to them.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

But that's just my personality.

I love being hated and people rooting against me.

Makes the victory that much sweeter.

I want MAX Jimmies Rustled now.

I want everyone's jimmies Russel Westbrooked.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lean into it. Everybody who hates the Rockets isn't going to suddenly not hate them if we change our ways.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

So the Rockets should just stay silent and continue to take uppercuts from the refs and league office? Nah, I’m not with that. How do u miss a made dunk? We were already screwed over in game 7 of the WCF. Then the refs gave us round 2 of their fckery in game 1 against GS last year.

best believe they have something in store for us in the 2020 playoffs as well...the Rockets can keep quiet and care about their image that won’t improve regardless while the refs continue to screw us, or they can call out the nonsense

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I would love if the Rockets adopted a f*ck you mentality. I feel Harden relies too much on the refs to let that happen though. Everyone else can.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

How the Rockets look:
    [​IMG]

1Deep and durvasa like this.